(Topic ID: 247465)

Announcing Fantasy Pinball for Pinburgh!

By CrazyLevi

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2019-08-03-02-11-00 (resized).png
    F4A41BA1-5D9C-469B-9B4D-821C5C333DDA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg
    Capture+_2019-08-02-07-15-44 (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

The NFL has it. Curling Has it. Pro Bowling has it.

And now pinball has it!

Who is ready for FANTASY PINBURGH PINBALL!?

Open to everyone - even those playing - it's the unofficial Pinburgh Fantasy Pinball League, brought to you by Never Beef Productions Member Tim Sexton. He's taken some of that coding skill he's famous for at his other job over at Stern Pinball and created a fun, free, and awesome fantasy pinball system. Assemble your team with your budget of imaginary cash (let's call them Quatloos), and dominate your peers in a battle of wits, nerve, daring, and the sexy, sleazy world of mathematics and metrics.

This is a great way to follow along with competitive pinball and invest yourself in the world's largest ever pinball tournament, whether you are a seasoned tournament veteran, pinball enthusiast with a casual interest, or just a random person who loves fantasy sports!

The full rules can be found here, but it’s pretty simple. Every player has a value. You pick 5 players to be on your fantasy team. The value of those 5 players combined cannot go over 400 Quatloo$. Then, throughout Pinburgh the players on your team earn points based on their finishing position. All entries due by Wednesday 7/31/2019 8:00 AM EDT
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnzUAggW2uUmUwtZSO-NxDEi9xmDfaGWRgT5XLysTVU/edit?usp=sharing

Once you’ve got your team, you can use this form to submit your picks. Once Pinburgh starts, scores go live! We will post a link to the results in this thread. Follow along throughout the tournament to see how you do!
    https://forms.gle/aM5D7X1mkFFAZ8Ct8

Go here if you want to join the facebook group for more discussion and arguments about values, who has the best team, and whether or not engaging in a free game for fun and enjoyment constitutes "gambling:"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/300660714004582/

And lastly, if you would like to read an exhaustive analysis of the field, including value picks, here's an in-depth breakdown by Never Beef Associate/Special Projects and professional pinball expert Greg Poverelli, get ready to dive in. Greg has forgotten more about the current Pinburgh field of contestants than you'll ever know, so this is a great place to start if you are new to the world of Fantasy Pinball. And since nobody has ever been awesome enough to produce some fantasy pinball, that's everybody!

Check it out here: http://www.tiltforums.com/t/fantasy-pinburgh-2019-analysis/5498?fbclid=IwAR36QsmpBO3KSwt1ivwMmb4VJ2VervhnJd-5KR28PkleRHQtVrKV3zxAerc

Good luck everybody. To the winner will go the glory. Lots and lots of glory. And while nobody is picking me because of my relatively poor perceived value, I'm going to remind you short-memoried beefers that I've been on the Pinburgh A Finals stage TWICE before a down year in 2018 caused by troubles at home, a hammie that was acting up, and lots and lots of bad luck - expect a rebound in 2019!!

#3 4 years ago

Whatever the equivalent of taking a kicker in the 6th round is what I want to do.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Whatever the equivalent of taking a kicker in the 6th round is what I want to do.

I hear the Giants' Dave Gettleman is available for consulting on this.

#5 4 years ago

call me crazy, but odds are this is Levi's way of getting everyone Dq'd for gambling so he can finally make the A playoffs this year

#6 4 years ago

Alright I can finally admit the truth....

Levi is probably the best pick out of NYC. He’s good at Pinburgh and we will be pumping him with G Fuel anytime he has a mediocre round to distract him from his beefiness. Plus he’s A restricted he can’t really F it up. I only had the space to write about 20 people or so and I didn’t want to plug all my friends.

- Pro Pinball Expert

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

call me crazy, but odds are this is Levi's way of getting everyone Dq'd for gambling so he can finally make the A playoffs this year

I understand you can be a bit out of touch when struggling to make Division E playoffs every year, but I've made A playoffs twice in three tries (finishing 20th and 14th overall).

How have you done

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from WPPRelli:

Alright I can finally admit the truth....
    Levi is probably the best pick out of NYC. He’s good at Pinburgh and we will be pumping him with G Fuel anytime he has a mediocre round to distract him from his beefiness. Plus he’s A restricted he can’t really F it up. I only had the space to write about 20 people or so and I didn’t want to plug all my friends.
    - Pro Pinball Expert

You can trust this guy and his pro pinball picks. He's always on the ball. And also Italian.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I understand you can be a bit out of touch when struggling to make Division E playoffs every year, but I've made A playoffs twice in three tries (finishing 20th and 14th overall).
    How have you done

i think you missed the joke.

In case you had not realized, we all know you are a much better pinball player.

Luckily, I still have all my hair, a hot pinball wife, and dont wear sandals, so I am cool with that.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

i think you missed the joke.
    In case you had not realized, we all know you are a much better pinball player.
    Luckily, I still have all my hair, a hot pinball wife, and dont wear sandals, so I am cool with that.

LMAO!

Touche!

Though when God gifts you with hair well into your 40s you should wash it at least weekly!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO!
    Touche!
    Though when God gifts you with hair well into your 40s you should wash it at least weekly!

you dont have any to worry about so I would not expect you to know... but 2x weekly is suggested. Keeps the luscious locks looking good an healthy. Gotta keep it healthy so it makes strong wigs for the kiddos when I donate it.

#13 4 years ago

back to this gambling thing... are there any points for people making it into lower divisions?

Would be cool and engaging for more if every team had a wildcard pick for the last team member where you get some kind of points for how far they climb form initial rank.

Then people could bet on themselves and not just ego stroke the top 20.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

back to this gambling thing... are there any points for people making it into lower divisions?
    Would be cool and engaging for more if every team had a wildcard pick for the last team member where you get some kind of points for how far they climb form initial rank.

You stay in the top 20 and be inside of the cap. Man.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe you should read Greg's piece on this? There's plenty of "value picks" who aren't in the top 20. I think you can get Lyman Sheats for 20 Quatloos!

If you want to fill your team with E division players go ahead, nobody is stopping you. You can pick Five Hiltons and still have 300 quatloos left over for a rainy day!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can pick Five Hiltons and still have 300 quatloos left over for a rainy day!

how many quatloos for a pair of sandals and a drink in the face?

#17 4 years ago

Damn, I feel so cheap only being worth $20.

Oh well, it will only be my second time at Pinburgh so I totally have an excuse.

#18 4 years ago

I'm in the throwaway $20 category too -- Pick me! Guaranteed to disappoint!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Damn, I feel so cheap only being worth $20.
    Oh well, it will only be my second time at Pinburgh so I totally have an excuse.

Value pick baby!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

how many quatloos for a pair of sandals and a drink in the face?

Again if you’d read the write ups you would know there are NO prizes, this is strictly for fun!

If your idea of fun is loading up your team with E players like yourself and trying for the upset special, go for it!

That’s what it’s all about. This wouldn’t be fun if everybody picked the same players.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Again if you’d read the write ups you would know there are NO prizes, this is strictly for fun!
    If your idea of fun is loading up your team with E players like yourself and trying for the upset special, go for it!
    That’s what it’s all about. This wouldn’t be fun if everybody picked the same players.

sorry, can't read the rules on wrok PC. google shit is vblocked.

will pick a team of Hilton's and Levi's once I get to home PC. We can at least look good and be good at pinball as a combined team then!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Value pick baby!

The key is to pick Spyderturbo now. By next week every Magazine will have him in their "sleeper" section and the secret will be out!

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, can't read the rules on wrok PC. google shit is vblocked.
    will pick a team of Hilton's and Levi's once I get to home PC. We can at least look good and be good at pinball as a combined team then!

You May be into something here!

I haven’t picked my team yet. I’ll surely pick myself even though I’m a pretty shitty value this year, but I did just win the Chief Towaco match play championship near the world famous Rock Fantasy so i’m Feeling good. I def have a couple $20 value picks in mind.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You May be into something here!
    I haven’t picked my team yet. I’ll surely pick myself even though I’m a pretty shitty value this year, but I did just win the Chief Towaco match play championship near the world famous Rock Fantasy so i’m Feeling good. I def have a couple $20 value picks in mind.

I will freely admit I am consistently inconsistent, but I do occasionally hit a hot streak at the right time

A few lucky banks and I could make top 100 for sure.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The key is to pick Spyderturbo now. By next week every Magazine will have him in their "sleeper" section and the secret will be out!

Probably not a good idea. I'll be the horse you see that throws its jockey at the beginning of the race and ends up running the wrong way.

#26 4 years ago

This is the kind of enthusiasm I like to see!

#27 4 years ago

New pinball goal: be worth more than 20 Pinburgh fantasy dollars.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The NFL has it. Curling Has it. Pro Bowling has it.
    And now pinball has it!
    Who is ready for FANTASY PINBURGH PINBALL!?
    Open to everyone - even those playing - it's the unofficial Pinburgh Fantasy Pinball League, brought to you by Never Beef Productions Member Tim Sexton. He's taken some of that coding skill he's famous for at his other job over at Stern Pinball and created a fun, free, and awesome fantasy pinball system. Assemble your team with your budget of imaginary cash (let's call them Quatloos), and dominate your peers in a battle of wits, nerve, daring, and the sexy, sleazy world of mathematics and metrics.
    This is a great way to follow along with competitive pinball and invest yourself in the world's largest ever pinball tournament, whether you are a seasoned tournament veteran, pinball enthusiast with a casual interest, or just a random person who loves fantasy sports!
    The full rules can be found here, but it’s pretty simple. Every player has a value. You pick 5 players to be on your fantasy team. The value of those 5 players combined cannot go over 400 Quatloo$. Then, throughout Pinburgh the players on your team earn points based on their finishing position. All entries due by Wednesday 7/31/2019 8:00 AM EDT
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnzUAggW2uUmUwtZSO-NxDEi9xmDfaGWRgT5XLysTVU/edit?usp=sharing
    Once you’ve got your team, you can use this form to submit your picks. Once Pinburgh starts, scores go live! We will post a link to the results in this thread. Follow along throughout the tournament to see how you do!
    Go here if you want to join the facebook group for more discussion and arguments about values, who has the best team, and whether or not engaging in a free game for fun and enjoyment constitutes "gambling:"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/300660714004582/
    And lastly, if you would like to read an exhaustive analysis of the field, including value picks, here's an in-depth breakdown by Never Beef Associate/Special Projects and professional pinball expert Greg Poverelli, get ready to dive in. Greg has forgotten more about the current Pinburgh field of contestants than you'll ever know, so this is a great place to start if you are new to the world of Fantasy Pinball. And since nobody has ever been awesome enough to produce some fantasy pinball, that's everybody!
    Check it out here: http://www.tiltforums.com/t/fantasy-pinburgh-2019-analysis/5498?fbclid=IwAR36QsmpBO3KSwt1ivwMmb4VJ2VervhnJd-5KR28PkleRHQtVrKV3zxAerc
    Good luck everybody. To the winner will go the glory. Lots and lots of glory. And while nobody is picking me because of my relatively poor perceived value, I'm going to remind you short-memoried beefers that I've been on the Pinburgh A Finals stage TWICE before a down year in 2018 caused by troubles at home, a hammie that was acting up, and lots and lots of bad luck - expect a rebound in 2019!!

Good gawd. Are people really doing this. And I thought fantasy football was a waste of time.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is the kind of enthusiasm I like to see!

Take it up a notch and have player trading cards available. Players can submit their trading card photo with stats, quotes, nicknames, pinside name, or whatever

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Good gawd. Are people really doing this. And I thought fantasy football was a waste of time.

"Stop having fun doing a thing I don't like!", said the brat.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

"Stop having fun doing a thing I don't like!", said the brat.

Exactly. I f I don’t like it, noone should

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

84 people have put in their picks.

This is an even BIGGER waste of time than fantasy football as you don't win anything.

Be sure to sign up!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll surely pick myself even though I’m a pretty shitty value

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Anybody who puts on a successful pinball tournament has decent value.

#34 4 years ago

Just want to congratulate Fantasy Pinball on hitting the century mark - 100 people have signed up and put in their picks for the unofficial Pinburgh Fantasy Pinball League!!!

Only 900 more and we'll have as many on board as are playing in the actual tournament!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just want to congratulate Fantasy Pinball on hitting the century mark - 100 people have signed up and put in their picks for the unofficial Pinburgh Fantasy Pinball League!!!
    Only 900 more and we'll have as many on board as are playing in the actual tournament!

Carry the one.......

This checks out.

1 week later
    #36 4 years ago

The revolutionary unofficial 2019 Pinburgh Fantasy Pinball competition now has 130 registered players!!

18 hours to get your picks in.

Do it!

Join in the fun!

#37 4 years ago

Up to 140 registered players now, and I just made my picks.

CATCH THE FEVER!!!

My team rules.

Don't want to spill any secrets but I'm on it. So is Sean the Storm Grant! And Lyman.

#38 4 years ago

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

Thanks so much for your work and effort towards this!

Good luck to all the players!!

#39 4 years ago

Tim says we got over 150 registered. Last chance, get your teams in!

#40 4 years ago

After day 1, I'll just leave this here for Levi and Hilton
    Capture+_2019-08-02-07-15-44 (resized).pngCapture+_2019-08-02-07-15-44 (resized).png

#41 4 years ago

for those watching the Levi/Hilton battle, they are tied right now and are in the same group

https://pinburgh.com/2019/live/player-1098.html

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

for those watching the Levi/Hilton battle, they are tied right now and are in the same group
    https://pinburgh.com/2019/live/player-1098.html

Levi is gonna wreck me but that is cool, cause I really dont ever wear sandals.

#43 4 years ago

Live update straight from the battle ground!

Hilton 6, Levi 4
    IMG_1169_2 (resized).jpgIMG_1169_2 (resized).jpg

#44 4 years ago

Levi is gonna lose it if Hilton beats him. Wasn’t that long ago that he was bagging on Hilton for being an E level player.
    Edit: Supersonic was not kind to Levi.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Levi is gonna lose it if Hilton beats him. Wasn’t that long ago that he was bagging on Hilton for being an E level player.
    Edit: Supersonic was not kind to Levi.

Levi played well. We had fun.

F4A41BA1-5D9C-469B-9B4D-821C5C333DDA (resized).jpegF4A41BA1-5D9C-469B-9B4D-821C5C333DDA (resized).jpeg
    #46 4 years ago

I have Jim Belsito on my team, such a solid player time and time again!!

Screenshot_2019-08-03-02-11-00 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-03-02-11-00 (resized).png
    #47 4 years ago

I didn't know Tim Sexton had anything to do with this and he is on my team too!!

#48 4 years ago

So heartwarming to see two of the biggest keyboard commandos in pinside history hug it out IRL.

#49 4 years ago

Have scores been updated?

#50 4 years ago

No need. Chad Hobbs is the winner!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-fantasy-pinball-for-pinburgh- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.