Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by twenty84
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7405 (resized).jpeg
    7431F5E2-75F7-4FFC-B738-9F817CEA3DB3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1453 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5049 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5047 (resized).jpg
    CCEA74A3-DDE4-4785-ADB6-65C4F539B72D (resized).jpeg
    shooter (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1228 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpg
    TWD (resized).jpg
    ST (resized).jpg
    IMG_1073 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1026 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0975 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

My wife and I got into the pinball hobby about four years ago with our first machine, and our collection has quickly grown. I enjoy modifying our machines: Adding shaker motors, color DMDs, special LED lighting, custom toppers, and more… and one thing I recently started making for myself was a high quality shooter rod.
    Why? Well, when starting a game of pinball, our first interaction with the machine involves pulling back the shooter rod and releasing the ball into play, and I noticed that in the case of every machine made in recent history, the stock shooter rod that comes with the game feels cheap. It’s just a lightweight piece of plastic with the seam from its formation in a two-part mold both easily palpable and visible. With virtually every other consumer product made – tea pots, chairs, cars, washing machines, elevators, etc. there’s been some effort to make the parts of the machine we interact with pleasant to the sight and touch. Why should pins be the last product left behind?
    I’ve purchased a few novelty shooter rods for our collection in the past, and while they may complement the theme of the game, oftentimes they’re actually too large, awkward, and clunky to use. And let’s not even mention the cost of some of them; or at least don’t mention it in front of my wife! (She’s not on Pinside.)
    I knew I could make a better shooter rod. Hence the birth of Chrome Candy!
    Our premium shooter rods are made with a 1.25” stainless steel ball, providing the perfect combination of size and weight. Using stainless steel means that even without coating, the knob will look great and never rust, but at the same time, powder coating is available to match the color and theme of any game. Our shooter rods are durable, pleasing to the senses, and reasonably priced. They also happen to be one of the easiest mods you can install on your machine. We hope you like them as much as we do.
    We just launched our online storefront at our website http://www.chromecandy.com/. The basic chrome shooter rod is $39, and powder coated ones are $49. In celebration of our launch, we're offering a 25% discount on these prices through Sunday, November 19th with the promo code “CELEBRATE.” Standard shipping is $5, and we offer free shipping with the purchase of products totaling $100 or more.

Those look really nice, I feel the same as you, I like the feel and size of that size nob. What is the color of the one next to the black one?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

We call that one fireball. I did my Kiss in that color.

Fireball I like that, it looks sharp. Now ya just need beatmasters and my mods.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

We can ship it in within the US very reasonably ($5) and with tracking because they are under the 13 oz limit for first class mail. We actually looked into shipping out of the US at it was very expensive (a little different for each country but typically about $40 for methods that included tracking). I don't have a problem shipping internationally but we didn't offer it on the website right now because it was expensive enough that we didn't think that many people would want to do it. That said, it would probably make the most sense if you were willing to order several. Let me know via PM and we will be willing to ship them with shipping at cost but that was too variable to figure out on the website.

Thanks for your order. I just dropped off the first ones we sold at at the post office and when I got home 11 more had been sold!

That's crazy because I just shipped one of my Leg Light kits, which is like 14oz to France and it was only $24.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I’m going to order a chrome so my local powder company matches it to the armor they are doing.

It's bot chrome it's polished stainless steel.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I'm sure that is possible without tracking. I am to ship internationally at cost, just difficult to get the price accurately on the website so I can handle those via PM.

Tracking came standard. I took the filled box to the PO and they told me how much it would cost, then I went home, told the customer, he payed for the order then I shipped. A lot of bs but I live close to the PO so no big deal and very accurate shipping cost for the customer.

Quoted from twenty84:

It is polished stainless steel but it is called "chrome" on the website because polished stainless steel candy didn't have as nice of ring to it. Power coating it yourself or having someone do it for you is certainly an option, especially if you want an exact match to a custom color.

It may not have as nice of a ring but it's more accurate. If it says chrome I would expect to get chrome which is more costly, big difference between the two. You have to tell the customer EXACTLY what they are paying for.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-chrome-candy-shooter-rods?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.