Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by twenty84
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7405 (resized).jpeg
    7431F5E2-75F7-4FFC-B738-9F817CEA3DB3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1453 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5049 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5047 (resized).jpg
    CCEA74A3-DDE4-4785-ADB6-65C4F539B72D (resized).jpeg
    shooter (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1228 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpg
    TWD (resized).jpg
    ST (resized).jpg
    IMG_1073 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1026 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0975 (resized).jpg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago

These look amazing. Great work. Will be buying some soon.

#102 6 years ago

Looks awesome, where did you get the housing to match??

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

We are starting to get in some matching shooter rod housings. Not all of them are on the website yet, but let us know if you have some specific request.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

We are starting to get in some matching shooter rod housings. Not all of them are on the website yet, but let us know if you have some specific request.

Okay, I didn't see any of the housing other than the chrome one on your site so I thought he might have gotten the housing elsewhere. I'd order a housing, shooter and spring for WOZRR, if you have them available please PM me. Someone else was going to do them many, many months ago but that never materialized and I don't think the other vendor's version matches well enough.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Okay, I didn't see any of the housing other than the chrome one on your site so I thought he might have gotten the housing elsewhere. I'd order a housing, shooter and spring for WOZRR, if you have them available please PM me. Someone else was going to do them many, many months ago but that never materialized and I don't think the other vendor's version matches well enough.

We just got some in, they aren’t on the website yet. The color is very close to WOZ RR (see pic). Cost will be $99 + shipping.

71F1396A-B64F-4175-9F08-70F676F9D48C (resized).jpeg71F1396A-B64F-4175-9F08-70F676F9D48C (resized).jpeg

152711DD-06F4-4768-B686-8DD863A9316C (resized).jpeg152711DD-06F4-4768-B686-8DD863A9316C (resized).jpeg

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine came from the modfather. If i had my choice i would do both pieces by chrome candy. Both are great modders but the color is slightly off from the modfather shooter housing.

#107 6 years ago

Speaking of shooter rods, does any one know where to get the mounting bracket for a 80 bee hive style ? Just the bracket

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #108 6 years ago

We just got some new stock in and updated our website (chromecandy.com). We now have candy blades (powder coated inner blades) including a custom cut one for Star Wars. In addition we have shooter rods (and housings) that match GotG LE (and WWE LE), GB LE, Kiss LE (and ACDC prem). Also a few new colors of springs and maybe a few other surprises. Only a couple things still out of stock (we promise to get fireball shooter rods back in stock soon).

IMG_1037 (resized).jpgIMG_1037 (resized).jpg

IMG_0975 (resized).jpgIMG_0975 (resized).jpg

IMG_1026 (resized).jpgIMG_1026 (resized).jpg

#109 6 years ago

Finally got around to installing the new one with the matching housing in my WOZRR, very well done and matches nicely. It really did need a stronger spring for WOZ though, I put a red one in there that works well, could probably get away with a purple one too.

#110 6 years ago

Finally have the fireball ones back in stock (looks great on WOZ RR, ST prem, and probably a few others) as well as the matching shooter rod housings. Also got more candy blades including a couple sets of the Star Wars themed ones in white.

IMG_1073 (resized).jpgIMG_1073 (resized).jpg

#111 6 years ago

You again temped me with your amazing candy. Shame! Order placed so WOZrr has all her proper jewelry. From legs to head. Thanks to you both!

#112 6 years ago

Just a suggestion while I wait for my awesome Chrome Candy Woz jewelry. With your new custom color match leg bolt options you should consider also offering a set of nylon bolt protectors as a set. Possibly in various colors. Kind of a one shop type solution as I would fear cranking these pretty painted bolts into the painted legs. Just a thought, keep up the good work!

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a suggestion while I wait for my awesome Chrome Candy Woz jewelry. With your new custom color match leg bolt options you should consider also offering a set of nylon bolt protectors as a set. Possibly in various colors. Kind of a one shop type solution as I would fear cranking these pretty painted bolts into the painted legs. Just a thought, keep up the good work!

This is a great idea. In fact I was testing on some transparent polycarbonate washers for this purpose, but don't have them on the website yet. I'll send some to you.

1 week later
    #114 6 years ago

Lots of interesting choices! I went with hammered steel for ST and hammered bronze for TWD. Looks good to me.

ST (resized).jpgST (resized).jpg
    TWD (resized).jpgTWD (resized).jpg

#115 6 years ago

That looks really nice on ST.

#116 6 years ago

Finally installed our WOZ fireball shooter knob, housing, and leg bolt upgrade. They look good but I must say they are not as nice as the other shooters I have received for my other games. Just personally hate the finish. As this is a flake powdercoat to match the game the finish is extremely rough? The finish on the parts feels like sand paper. Not horrible but not what we expected. Looking at the pics I assumed they would be smooth like the other products. Minor detail but I have yet to have anyone play this beautiful game and question why the the shooter feels like a file lol. All good maybe I’ll take the kit off and have it properly clear coated some day or get gloves to play. The color does match just not the finish. The hammered finish we also ordered Was very nice, thanks.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Finally installed our WOZ fireball shooter knob, housing, and leg bolt upgrade. They look good but I must say they are not as nice as the other shooters I have received for my other games. Just personally hate the finish. As this is a flake powdercoat to match the game the finish is extremely rough? The finish on the parts feels like sand paper. Not horrible but not what we expected. Looking at the pics I assumed they would be smooth like the other products. Minor detail but I have yet to have anyone play this beautiful game and question why the the shooter feels like a file lol. All good maybe I’ll take the kit off and have it properly clear coated some day or get gloves to play. The color does match just not the finish. The hammered finish we also ordered Was very nice, thanks.

Did you order Fireball with a hammered finish? The one I put on WOZ matches pretty well and is as smooth as a baby's bottom.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

Lots of interesting choices! I went with hammered steel for ST and hammered bronze for TWD. Looks good to me.

That top one might be a good choice for GOTG, looks a little like the orb.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you order Fireball with a hammered finish? The one I put on WOZ matches pretty well and is as smooth as a baby's bottom.

I ordered the Fireball color option as it is pretty much a spot on color to the WOZRR. As that machine and this color option uses a glitter type paint the finish was extremely rough and no where near the finish of other candy products I have purchased (5 now) in the past. I know nothing about powder coat processing but it seems like the glitter flake was added to late in the process or the final finish was never applied? Both the shooter and housing had the same #80 sandpaper finish. All ok just would not recommend this option if you are assuming it will be a smooth beautiful finish like the other products. I did order one from the Other guy with a similar sparkle finish and theres was smooth as silk granted for a different title. Live and learn.

#120 6 years ago

I agree that the fireball finish is not as smooth as it does have actual glitter (essentially small metal specs). It can be wet sanded with 1000 grit paper and it gets smoother but is not quite as glittery and shinny. I would be happy to exchange it with a sanded one, a different color that is smoother (cherry red also looks good on WOZ). The other guy is oil paint on a wood ball so it is a very different feel and finish. I think we will be able to get you something you like, let me know what you would like to do.

#121 6 years ago

I took a picture of the regular Fireball (left), the version that is sanded with 1000 grit paper (middle), and our cherry color right. Overall I think most would prefer the look of the stock Fireball to the smoothed version. I personally am not bothered by the texture of the Fireball one, and I do use it on my Kiss prem. But it does have a texture to it. The sanded version feels very smooth, and looks good on its own but doesn't look as good next to the others. As an alternative the cherry color (right) is very close to the color of WoZ RR and ST premium and is smoother but not as much sparkle. Always happy to do exchanges if you customers something different.

IMG_1220 (resized).jpgIMG_1220 (resized).jpg

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I took a picture of the regular Fireball (left), the version that is sanded with 1000 grit paper (middle), and our cherry color right. Overall I think most would prefer the look of the stock Fireball to the smoothed version. I personally am not bothered by the texture of the Fireball one, and I do use it on my Kiss prem. But it does have a texture to it. The sanded version feels very smooth, and looks good on its own but doesn't look as good next to the others. As an alternative the cherry color (right) is very close to the color of WoZ RR and ST premium and is smoother but not as much sparkle. Always happy to do exchanges if you customers something different.

As I was going to try the sand it method would it be possible to simply apply a new clear coat to the now smooth sanded model? I Realize sanding will make it dull but I would think a fresh coat of clear would bring it back to glossy smooth perfection again?

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

As I was going to try the sand it method would it be possible to simply apply a new clear coat to the now smooth sanded model? I Realize sanding will make it dull but I would think a fresh coat of clear would bring it back to glossy smooth perfection again?

Go ahead and give it a try. If it looks good let me know what you did and I'll try and make some that way. If it looks bad I'll send you a new one.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Thanks. We hope to expand to other products soon like the shooter rod housing and armor. If you want some of this stuff before then, PM me and I may be able to set you up.

Thanks. This game is so colorful that I think a lot of choices would look good. I put the concord grape (purple) one on my BM66 prem. The cherry red one looks good also, and would look great with your awesome speaker light mod. Black licorice would be a very safe choice for almost any game.

Was thinking of putting the concord grape shooter rod and housing on my BM66. Have you got any pics?

#125 6 years ago

Concord grade shooter rod and housing is what I have on my own BM66. Just ran down and took a pic:

IMG_1228 (resized).jpgIMG_1228 (resized).jpg

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Concord grade shooter rod and housing is what I have on my own BM66. Just ran down and took a pic:

Looks great, thanks for doing that.
    Red spring looks great too.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Macca101010:

Looks great, thanks for doing that.
    Red spring looks great too.

The Purple option for Batman 66 is a No Brainer. Looks awesome. I included pics in this thread as well as the BM66 club thread. Great upgrade to finish the look.

#128 6 years ago

I’m thinking of doing the lock bar side rails and hinges in the same color purple. Curious if others have tried this and how it looks?

1 month later
    #129 5 years ago

What happened to chrome candy?

Every item is sold out on the website.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Every item is sold out on the website.

Was wondering about this as well. Maybe on vacation, or taking a break?

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I'll miss his videos

#132 5 years ago

Sorry we are still around. Had some problems with Shopify who was running the site and couldn't talk to them over the weekend. We have now been in contact with them and should be able to take orders again soon.

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Sorry we are still around. Had some problems with Shopify who was running the site and couldn't talk to them over the weekend. We have now been in contact with them and should be able to take orders again soon.

Ok, good. .

#134 5 years ago

Website is back up. The website doesn't have those emblems that go around the button on BM66 and we are no longer making them, but still have a few available so if interested in that message me.

#135 5 years ago

Sweet. Been waiting to place my order.

#136 5 years ago

I forgot to order a gold one.

shooter (resized).jpegshooter (resized).jpeg

#137 5 years ago

Wow these are gorgeous....I must have missed this thread.

1 week later
    #138 5 years ago

they do look awesome. Can't wait for him to do the mushroom style eventually.

3 weeks later
    #139 5 years ago

I was asked how the hammered bronze looks with Houdini. Here is a pic. It would be possible to make one that is a match to the Houdini armor. If I did this it would likely have a glossy finish to give it s better feel.

CCEA74A3-DDE4-4785-ADB6-65C4F539B72D (resized).jpegCCEA74A3-DDE4-4785-ADB6-65C4F539B72D (resized).jpeg
    #140 5 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I was asked how the hammered bronze looks with Houdini. Here is a pic. It would be possible to make one that is a match to the Houdini armor. If I did this it would likely have a glossy finish to give it s better feel.

I would buy one. Please do it.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I was asked how the hammered bronze looks with Houdini. Here is a pic. ...

Thanks Ben!

4 months later
    #142 5 years ago

I was trying to match the DP LE powder coat and ended up putting too many gold flakes in. It ended up giving the shooter rod a bit of a disco ball look which I actually like. I'm planning to do a run that are a closer match but have a very limited number of these if people are interested.

IMG_5047 (resized).jpgIMG_5047 (resized).jpgIMG_5049 (resized).jpgIMG_5049 (resized).jpg
    #143 5 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I was trying to match the DP LE powder coat and ended up putting too many gold flakes in. It ended up giving the shooter rod a bit of a disco ball look which I actually like. I'm planning to do a run that are a closer match but have a very limited number of these if people are interested.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome can I ask is it relatively smooth or rough? Not a complaint just hoping it’s not sand papery. I will drop an order would fit perfectly.

#144 5 years ago

Feels pretty smooth, similar to the stock finish on the game. Not sure if I'll put them on the website because we didn't do very many, and I may do more that have less gold flakes in them. Send me a PM if you want one.

1 week later
    #145 5 years ago

I wanted to give a big shout out to Chromecandy. I just ordered a rod for my DI LE. The product is amazing. I had a couple of issues, and they were very responsive and easy to deal with. Great customer service and great products. Enjoy the pics:

IMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPG

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I wanted to give a big shout out to Chromecandy. I just ordered a rod for my DI LE. The product is amazing. I had a couple of issues, and they were very responsive and easy to deal with. Great customer service and great products. Enjoy the pics:
    [quoted image][quoted image]

+1

I've been very pleased with the items I've bought from them. Ben & Co make great stuff and provide great service!

1 week later
    #147 5 years ago

We are offering 20% for Black Friday/Cyber Monday now through the end of November. Use code "BFCM2018" at checkout on chromecandy.com . Good only on items in stock.

#148 5 years ago

Shout out to Chromecandy for the awesome color and theme match shooter for Deadpool LE! Really looks great and fast shipping as always. BOOM!

IMG_1453 (resized).jpgIMG_1453 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #149 5 years ago

There are only a couple more hours left of our 20% off BFCM sale. And say we can delay shipping if needed. Use code "BFCM2018" at checkout on chromecandy.com. Good only on items in stock.

1 week later
    #150 5 years ago

Now able to match the DP LE powder coat.

7431F5E2-75F7-4FFC-B738-9F817CEA3DB3 (resized).jpeg7431F5E2-75F7-4FFC-B738-9F817CEA3DB3 (resized).jpeg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-chrome-candy-shooter-rods/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.