Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by twenty84
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7405 (resized).jpeg
    7431F5E2-75F7-4FFC-B738-9F817CEA3DB3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1453 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5049 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5047 (resized).jpg
    CCEA74A3-DDE4-4785-ADB6-65C4F539B72D (resized).jpeg
    shooter (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1228 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpg
    TWD (resized).jpg
    ST (resized).jpg
    IMG_1073 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1026 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0975 (resized).jpg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago

Don't put food in with international orders
    There will be holdups in customs

#52 6 years ago

Mic drop......

45257DEC-9986-462C-BB8B-0DBB9B6F7F39 (resized).jpeg45257DEC-9986-462C-BB8B-0DBB9B6F7F39 (resized).jpeg

0E13B44C-C771-47F1-A1F3-F3CF7FCD3E78 (resized).jpeg0E13B44C-C771-47F1-A1F3-F3CF7FCD3E78 (resized).jpeg

#53 6 years ago

Top notch product! Super fast delivery. Customer for life. Thanks again
    Harley D.

#54 6 years ago

That's a sweet looking shooter on that Ruby Red WOZ!

#55 6 years ago

Order placed thanks!

#56 6 years ago

Holly Shooters Batman! Just a shout out to Chrome Candy team!! Great service, extremely prompt shipping, perfect attention to detail, and an AMAZING product!! Did the Batman 66 in Penguin Purple and the look is Spot On! The shooters come lovingly wrapped like a candy (nice touch!) and the finish is brilliant. Thought I would share a few pics before upgrading the Hobbit Gold with their Candy jewel. Thank you both, keep up the great work!!

IMG_9869 (resized).jpgIMG_9869 (resized).jpg

IMG_9870 (resized).jpgIMG_9870 (resized).jpg

IMG_9872 (resized).jpgIMG_9872 (resized).jpg

IMG_9871 (resized).jpgIMG_9871 (resized).jpg

#57 6 years ago

I want to order one in Penguin Purple, but can't find it on the website. How do I order that color?

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I wa t to order one in Penguin Purple, but can't find it on the website. How do I order that color?

Sorry lol, that was me taking liberties with the color with my game. On their website they call it Concord Grape! Really looks perfect compared to the black plastic mushroom Stern installed.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry lol, that was me taking liberties with the color with my game. On their website they call it Concord Grape!

That was my guess. Unfortunately, they are sold out.

#60 6 years ago

those look great. you plan on doing them on the mushroom style? The ball ones are difficult to use for skill shot type games.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

those look great. you plan on doing them on the mushroom style? The ball ones are difficult to use for skill shot type games.

NOT poking fun as I am FAR from a skill player but how does the shape of the plunger effect the skill shot? Doubt that is the reason I play so crappy but I always appreciate the knowledge you share in other posts. Is it a fingers thing?

#62 6 years ago

Got mine super quickly, love the packaging! Thanks for the intro sale to get these out in the wild, it’s totally gonna work

48BB0F87-CAD7-49C0-9744-B8A2DF14AA0B (resized).jpeg48BB0F87-CAD7-49C0-9744-B8A2DF14AA0B (resized).jpeg

#63 6 years ago

Mine were delivered today but I’m out of town.

Will report back. They look great!

#64 6 years ago

We underestimated demand and purple (“Concord grape”) sold out quickly but we are making more. They won’t be on the website again in time for the sale but email my wife ( [email protected]) and she will make sure you can get one at the sale price when we get them back in stock.

Also for anyone in Canada who wants something send us an email ASAP as we will be in Canada Friday and plan to drop some in the mail while there to avoid the hassles of shipping from the US.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

NOT poking fun as I am FAR from a skill player but how does the shape of the plunger effect the skill shot? Doubt that is the reason I play so crappy but I always appreciate the knowledge you share in other posts. Is it a fingers thing?

when doing skill shots that involve finesse. Shooters with a big round ball on them, require you to grab the entire plunger. Making it very hard to get a full release evenly and consistantly, as you have 3 or 4 fingers that release at the same time.

With a mushroom plunger. I pull back with just the very very tip of my thumb on the very edge of the plunger. This gives a consistent clean break every single time in the exact spot you want. Giving consistent results on your skill shot every time.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when doing skill shots that involve finesse. Shooters with a big round ball on them, require you to grab the entire plunger. Making it very hard to get a full release evenly and consistantly, as you have 3 or 4 fingers that release at the same time.
    With a mushroom plunger. I pull back with just the very very tip of my thumb on the very edge of the plunger. This gives a consistent clean break every single time in the exact spot you want. Giving consistent results on your skill shot every time.

Frick I knew I shouldn't have slept through science class. lol I am just starting to look at the technical side a playing pinball and it seems the spray and prey system I have been using is not correct. I thought you were going to call out the mass of the shooter in relation to the spring..... Thanks for the info.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I pull back with just the very very tip of my thumb on the very edge of the plunger. This gives a consistent clean break every single time in the exact spot you want. Giving consistent results on your skill shot every time.

I never plunged this way but that may be one reason I don’t play as well as some of you. Would consider making them, but doing them in stainless steel the same shape as the plastic ones would likely require some lathe work that would add to the expense.

#68 6 years ago

I installed the purple one on my TF deceptacon LE. A perfect match.

4E76E732-7FD2-47F7-94E6-AB2BB4ABE927 (resized).jpeg4E76E732-7FD2-47F7-94E6-AB2BB4ABE927 (resized).jpeg

89D6E625-C63B-4E26-91AB-5982DB721B18 (resized).jpeg89D6E625-C63B-4E26-91AB-5982DB721B18 (resized).jpeg

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I never plunged this way but that may be one reason I don’t play as well as some of you. Would consider making them, but doing them in stainless steel the same shape as the plastic ones would likely require some lathe work that would add to the expense.

you could just do a half ball and round off the edge. would give you enough room to make the attachment hole, but still give the feel of the mushroom styles. Might work.

#70 6 years ago

Purple one is very nice - suit so many games.

Will be ordering one for my KISS

#71 6 years ago

Looking good

IMG_0957 (resized).JPGIMG_0957 (resized).JPG

IMG_0959 (resized).JPGIMG_0959 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #72 6 years ago

Just slapped on my METPRO. Thanks!

MET01 (1) (resized).jpgMET01 (1) (resized).jpg

#73 6 years ago

Who would have guessed Purple would have been the go to color for so many games. lol Guess we all have a little Prince in us.....lol

#74 6 years ago

Ive noticed alot of play between the rod and shooter housing on my rr woz is this normal?
    You can wiggle the rod in the shooter houseing

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Ive noticed alot of play between the rod and shooter housing on my rr woz is this normal?
    You can wiggle the rod in the shooter houseing

The JJP shooter rod housing has a plastic insert so make sure this is in place. That said the JJP and BW shooter rod housings are slightly larger diameter than Stern housings, so a little bit of play is normal.

Stay tuned for new colors going on the website tonight!

#76 6 years ago

We now have some new colors including ones that are exact matches to ST LE, GB LE, ACDC prem, Kiss LE, and DI LE. Almost everything is back in stock. We also have a few new products.

http://chromecandy.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ChromeCandyPinball/
    https://www.instagram.com/chromecandypinball/

IMG_0293 (resized).jpgIMG_0293 (resized).jpg

#77 6 years ago

Order in for Concord Grape (Batman 66) and Blueberry (STLE)!

#78 6 years ago

Just ordered 4. I was hesitant because I prefer to check out with PayPal.

I never have my CC"s on me (had to run out to my car ) and it gives me 6 months same as cash too. I can't be the only one that prefers it over typing in a cc number each time.

Anyway, great product and your site was easy to navigate. Just throwing my .02 out there FWIW

#79 6 years ago

Great to have the new color for all AC/DC premium owners

2 weeks later
    #80 6 years ago

Chrome shooter looks awesome on my FG and feels great in the hand. Thanks.

IMG_4148 (resized).JPGIMG_4148 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4143 (resized).JPGIMG_4143 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #82 6 years ago

Loving mine as well. Looks SO much better than the black plastic.

20171222_171631 (resized).jpg20171222_171631 (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago

I like what I’m seeing here, but I have a RR Woz, and concerned how sloppy the shooter will be. Are you saying these are stern shooter rods and are indeed smaller than Bally/Williams? If so is there a tighter bushing that can be installed?

#84 6 years ago

I have a RR WOZ also and haven't had any issues. To my hand, the fits feels similar to the stock JJP shooter rod. The shooter rod housings used on JJP and Bally-Williams games have a very slightly larger bore with a plastic insert compared with Stern housings with have brass inserts but both are designed for a 0.375" diameter shaft. I believe the very slightly looser fit of JJP/BW of was by design. With a Stern housing if a rod gets a little bent (as can happen on location) it is more likely bind in the housing. If your interested I'd encourage you to try it. We've had very few returns but have been happy to issues refunds in these cases.

IMG_0468 (resized).jpgIMG_0468 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #85 6 years ago

Love seeing these shooter rods on games.

Anyone have a new photo of their game with one installed?

#86 6 years ago

Here's one on GotG LE. Turned out to be popular and sold out quickly but we are making more.

IMG_0463 (resized).jpgIMG_0463 (resized).jpg

#87 6 years ago

KISS!

IMG_2463 (resized).jpgIMG_2463 (resized).jpg

#88 6 years ago

Great photos. Thanks.

That hammered steel is pretty cool.

I'm considering butterscotch or bubblegum for my DI. Something other than blue.

#89 6 years ago

We have more hammered steel shooter rods now and should have them back on the website soon. We also got some new colors of shooter rod housings, springs, and bolts.

We've also been experimenting with a new product - candy blades - which we currently have in licorice (gloss black) and fireball (black with red sparkles). I put them in a couple of my games last night and am liking how they look.

IMG_0721 (resized).jpgIMG_0721 (resized).jpg

IMG_0739 (resized).jpgIMG_0739 (resized).jpg

IMG_0735 (resized).jpgIMG_0735 (resized).jpg

IMG_0732 (resized).jpgIMG_0732 (resized).jpg

IMG_0726 (resized).jpgIMG_0726 (resized).jpg

IMG_0722 (resized).jpgIMG_0722 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #90 6 years ago

Butterscotch on DI. Great addition to the game. Fun packaging too.

IMG_1937 (resized).JPGIMG_1937 (resized).JPG

IMG_1938 (resized).JPGIMG_1938 (resized).JPG

IMG_1949 (resized).JPGIMG_1949 (resized).JPG

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I installed the purple one on my TF deceptacon LE. A perfect match.

Is that the “blackberry” on the site. I’d like to get one for my decepticon as well.

Thanks

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Is that the “blackberry” on the site. I’d like to get one for my decepticon as well.
    Thanks

"Concord grape" is probably the best match for that game.

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

"Concord grape" is probably the best match for that game.

Thanks and Emereld green for Woz?

#94 6 years ago

My WoZ is the RR version, some I'm not sure how close the green matches but I think the Emerald Green is a great choice.

#95 6 years ago

Thanks.

Order placed.

#96 6 years ago

Whats the consensus on color for a Star Wars Premium? Storm Trooper white? or?? Any chance for a valentines day sale? lol had to try... Love my other Awesome Candy shooters!!

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Thanks.
    Order placed.

Thanks will get it out today

Quoted from Yelobird:

Whats the consensus on color for a Star Wars Premium? Storm Trooper white? or?? Any chance for a valentines day sale? lol had to try... Love my other Awesome Candy shooters!!

I have the white (pina colata) on my SW LE. I think gloss black looks good and some prefer the classic chrome look also. Hoping to get some new products on the website soon, but no sale is planned.

#98 6 years ago

I put one on each of my games. They look great! I am however having a problem: My DILE doesn't have enough power to make the full shot onto the ramp anymore. Is this because of the extra weight slowing down the plunger? They work well on my TWD Premium and ST Premium. I have a chrome one also but my TNA hasn't been built yet (sigh).

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

I put one on each of my games. They look great! I am however having a problem: My DILE doesn't have enough power to make the full shot onto the ramp anymore. Is this because of the extra weight slowing down the plunger? They work well on my TWD Premium and ST Premium. I have a chrome one also but my TNA hasn't been built yet (sigh).

The stock DI LE has a shooter rod with a plastic ball that allows the spring to recess into the ball which doesn't happen on our shooter rods. DI LE comes with a 1" external spring, which we recommend replacing with a 3/4" external spring (we have these including some powder coated springs). The chrome candy rod is also a bit heavier so even with the shorter external spring it might not have as much power. If desired the internal spring can be replaced with a stronger one if you want more power (we have these also). Feel free to message us and we can get you set up with what you need.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

I had this same issue when I first installed mine. The problem was (in my case) the plastic sleeve that is inside the shooter housing was causing some friction between the new shooter rod and the sleeve. I put in some grease in the sleeve and worked the shooter rod a bunch of times until it plunged more freely. It now shoots the ball like it used to with the original rod.

Hope that helps.

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-chrome-candy-shooter-rods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.