(Topic ID: 186405)

Announcing an updated Top 100!

By robin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2992 (resized).PNG
    grouped_games (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Can you explain the reason behind this? Unless your goal is to reflect only the rankings of currently active Pinside users, a rating made in 2015 should still have as much value in 2017 as it did in 2015, regardless of account status.

Not to speak for Robin but I've been campaigning for this for years and I'm super glad it happened. It makes the ratings so much better.

First of all, it cleans out all the dummy accounts people made back in the distant past just to manipulate rankings (you'd be surprised how many accounts were created one day, ranked 15 or so games immediately, then were lightly used for a month and then vanished).

Also, back in 2009 (if that's when you were rating and then left the site forever) you never got to see modern games. No WOZ, no Tron, no Dialed In! or whatever. You just saw the games up till 2009. If you stayed on Pinside since 2009 and then just didn't rate anything so be it, but if you vanished in 2009 from the site your rankings should not stay as it is not reflective of the current population in 2017 that has a superior ability to rate games of today to games before 2010 (to a person who has vanished).

There are many other reasons, I could go on for hours about why Legacy votes needed to go from the top 100. The comments and what not remain from back then, and if the people log in their ratings from 2009 will return. This was a great move.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Or maybe it's just that people buy games they like.

Yep, people - if they can afford to do so - will buy and keep the games they like the most. Full stop.

I think my top rated game is X-Men. It's my personal favorite game. Has been for a long time. Periodically I'll play my TAF, TWD, or GoT more but I'll always go back to X-Men.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-an-updated-top-100?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.