(Topic ID: 186405)

Announcing an updated Top 100!

By robin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2992 (resized).PNG
    grouped_games (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sammy31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It should. You're rating things like toys, lighting, sound quality on a scale of 1 to 10. Certainly as technology improves, something that was a 10 in one area might be an 8 now. For example, in 1992, the sound quality on TZ might have been a 10. Now it would have to be well below as other games have shown what can be done with uncompressed audio in stereo, not crackling, etc.

Yes! Well said.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

That's just the way I do it. Take The Black Knight, for example. I think I gave it a very high rating for sound. When the machine was built, it was innovative, and there wasn't anything (or much) like it. To give it a low rating for sound wouldn't be right, because in that era, it was the best there was.

That would be fine for a ratings list that only included era like pins...but this rating list is not geared that way.
    The best game from 1975 does equal the best game from today....i certainly wouldnt make that trade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sammy31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-an-updated-top-100?tu=Sammy31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.