Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    screenshot_01 (resized).png
    pinsound_plus_with_package.1200 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedipimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 6 years ago

Can anyone give me some advice? I've just bought Pinsound Speakers to go with my Judge Dredd pin with Pinsound board (original model), Stereo 2.1 cable and all. I've done a few custom mixes (music only, but sounds sooooo much better!) but since no one has done a full enhanced sound mix how do you go about re-recording custom voice and SFX? I have DAW's and Audacity but I am not a voice artist and do not have the ability to re-create sound effects with stock library effects.

I've tried approaching some Pinsiders to possibly help me on this end (i.e. do an enhanced sound mix for JD) but no one wants to bite.

What to do? (First world problems I know)!

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Get the original game mix from the Pinsound Community. Go to Youtube and download the Dredd Soundtrack, clips from the movie, etc. You can then replace whatever you want in the callouts. I would worry about SFX last. You can do a "pseudo-stereo" effect on music or SFX (or voice, if you want, although I wouldn't) using an Audacity plugin. Good luck.

Thanks Rdoyle1978 you've given me something to strive for.

#73 6 years ago

The only thing I don't like about using movie footage for voice and sfx sound bytes is that it's hard to find clear samples. They're usually mixed in with background sound effects and music and can sound messy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedipimp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcement-pinsound-reveals-the-pinsound?tu=jedipimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.