Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    screenshot_01 (resized).png
    pinsound_plus_with_package.1200 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlippyD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I would like the control pots, and volume nobs on a remote board by coin door. Is that an aftermarket item? Or is there a remote control device?
    I know it's another board and wires, but the ability to have full control remotely or wired without pulling backglass would be nice. Might as well make the usb port down on remote board to. On second thought, why not mount pinsound down at coin door. Just sell the wire harness!

This is a fantastic idea! Guess it's time for PinSound ++

3 months later
    #82 5 years ago

What’s new or fixed in the update?

1 month later
    #102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Are there any plans to emulate the YM2151 sound chip on older games rather than rely on sample playback for everything? I ask because of the incalculable amount of "on the fly" dynamic programming tricks the sound designers used in these games is simply impossible to recreate faithfully through samples. For example, on Rollergames, they actually wrote into the code what chord was playing during each measure of music and almost all of the sound effects play "in key" with that chord (meaning if you were to hit the same target twice during two different measures of music with different chords, the sound you hear is slightly different to match the underlying music track).
    YM2151 emulation has been pretty perfectly achieved in PinMAME, so I'm curious if this emulation would be ever be ported over to Pinsound for more faithful recreation of the original sound packages. I realize Pinsound's primary goal is to replace the old audio with custom audio, but for those that prefer the original, emulation really is the optimal way to go with the older games that use the YM2151.

A PinSound product that was a synthesizer instead of a sampler would be amazing! Come on France! You won the World Cup! Now is the time!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlippyD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcement-pinsound-reveals-the-pinsound?tu=FlippyD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.