Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    screenshot_01 (resized).png
    pinsound_plus_with_package.1200 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DJY2J.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 4 years ago

I have recently purchased a Pinsound+ to put in my Star Wars Data East. The initial board was faulty and I had to send it back and pay a repair fee, as well as shipping to France. Aside, from that frustration and despite them sending me a brand new product to replace the bad one, I still have pretty muddy sounding audio. I have tried 2 different soundtracks and both don't really sound much different in terms of quality. I have Pyle aftermarket speakers and subs that have been installed about a year ago and they sound fine with the factory soundcard setup. I have everything hooked up properly but im just not getting good sound. It's loud but not in a good way. More of just eardrum piercing noise on some of the effects like R2D2 sfx.

Not sure if anyone has any suggestions or have had any issues or if this is the best thread to post about it on. I'm leaning towards pulling it back out and trying to sell it and recoup any of the over $400 i have into it.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What else did you buy that pushed it over $400?
    Have you tried dialing in the backbox and cabinet relative volumes? Games generally sound best when the cabinet is boosted to ~3 o’clock and the backbox is either at 12 or even 11. You can add a bit of a bass boost as well on the cab.

I had also purchased the power booster harness. Shipping from France isn't cheap either. As far as "misuse" that was stated in a following post, that's funny. The board wasn't working properly out of the box and had presented that evidence. I could have mounted it to the top of the back box and it would have worked the same. Pinsound was very nice and prompt as sending me a replacement board to which it worked much better and didn't have any issues other than the sound still wasn't all that great.

I'm done messing with it. I've tried every calibration combination. Just doesn't work well in that specific machine. I installed the original sound board and am back to what i started with and for whatever reason the sound quality is much better albeit just with the boring factory SFX.

If you want to purchase this exact card. I have it posted on Pinside marketplace and will be taking a loss on it as a whole. I just didn't have the "great" experience other people have had with Pinsound products. Too bad.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Whoa, just noticed the Bullet Club logo on your avatar. Are you following AEW or are you all NJPW?

Both. Ill subscribe to NJPW streaming for a few months out of the year. Mainly in the summer months and then January for Wrestle Kingdom. Went to an AEW show a few weeks ago. Kenny Omega, the Bucks, G.O.D., Marty are my all time favs. Not a huge Jay White fan but I can appreciate that he's a great heel.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DJY2J.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcement-pinsound-reveals-the-pinsound?tu=DJY2J and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.