Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    screenshot_01 (resized).png
    pinsound_plus_with_package.1200 (resized).png
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

Hey Nicolas & Timothee. Congrats on the new board release and continual improvement on the product. Looking forward to stopping by your booth at TPF on Saturday to say high. Hard to believe a year has passed since I originally purchased my PinSound for Getaway, along with all the orchestrations I've created for it. BTW, I was doing some YouTubing a few weeks back and noticed that someone customized the virtual pinball version of Getaway to use one of my PinSound mixes - cool!

Wish I had more pins, and I would contribute more as I know that this is one of the things holding the PinSound back from even greater success than what it has had. I don't know the answer to this, but if you think of a way to utilize the community for orchestrations I am happy to contribute however I can.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey Nicolas & Timothee. Congrats on the new board release and continual improvement on the product. Looking forward to stopping by your booth at TPF on Saturday to say high. Hard to believe a year has passed since I originally purchased my PinSound for Getaway, along with all the orchestrations I've created for it. BTW, I was doing some YouTubing a few weeks back and noticed that someone customized the virtual pinball version of Getaway to use one of my PinSound mixes - cool!
    Wish I had more pins, and I would contribute more as I know that this is one of the things holding the PinSound back from even greater success than what it has had. I don't know the answer to this, but if you think of a way to utilize the community for orchestrations I am happy to contribute however I can.

Can virtual pinball/pinmame be leveraged as a tool for this?

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure which mix is the 'enhanced' mix ( did you see that term used somewhere?) but Granner's DCS mix is available for use with both boards. There are several other mixes available as well. The available Granner mix is all the original stuff Granner had done which was finished. There are a couple music tracks that were pulled from the music as-released because they weren't done on the DCS mix

screenshot_01 (resized).pngscreenshot_01 (resized).png

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

I personally don't have experience with VP, but I'm assuming so based on what I've seen on YouTube. Check this dude out since he applied one of my PinSound orchestrations with custom voice overs and he also added my custom designed Donut Heaven decal in the styling of Krispy Kreme. Was hoping for at least a shout out, but oh well.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

vpinmame can use PinSound soundtracks. There used to be 2 ways to do it, one without using PinSound Studio, and one with. Apparently they've changed the number scheme of the folder names, so now you have to use it with PinSound Studio running in the background. There are still issues with the Data East sound engine in PinSound Studio 0.9, but they are supposed to be resolved in 1.0. I'm in a bit of a holding pattern because of this as the card doesn't always act the same as the software playback because of this and it makes composing and testing soundtracks a bit of a PITA. Also the card will behave differently unless you have a config file that tells it that its a Data East.

It's a great way to check out new orchestrations though, I've got a few running on my pincab. You don't have to mess with the virtual table settings, you have to change vpinmame settings to look for pinsound.

#56 6 years ago

any in stock anywhere? if not then when and where?

#57 6 years ago

If anyone's gotten a + board, can you PM me? I have a question on it - to compare mine with yours.

Thanks!

#58 6 years ago

Anybody with a Pinsound plus running the board in a IJ? Please pm me I need some data and assistance. Thanks!

#59 6 years ago

I'm trying to join Pinside community http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files
    After several attempts, I'm not getting a confirmation email or a response from the contact administrators page. Am I missing something? Is there anywhere else to download files for T2, TZ and IJ?

#60 6 years ago

Help. What is wrong here? New pin sound board and have color LCD. Sound and download worked fine. I got no dmd. So on a Wpc 95 install does it use 2 extended ribbon cables or 1? My kit only has one but there are 2 sets of instructions that show 1 used and both for Wpc 95. Confusing. Pic of working Wpc install please

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#61 6 years ago

Does this board have a switch to change between mono / stereo audio?e

#62 6 years ago

We figured it out. So frustrated I didn't look for the obvious. Ribbon cable not seated all the way. Fail. Now working

1 week later
    #63 6 years ago

Anyone here perhaps have a copy of the .psrec file for Doctor Who that they might share?

Installed a PinSound+ board that I picked up at TPF in mine and while it sounds really cool the levels between the music/sfx and voices is WAY off (can barely hear the voices if anything else is playing) in all of the alternate mixes so would like to do some adjusting through the 'studio' app but the .psrec file for Doctor Who is not in the distribution set. Seems odd since a bunch of others are...

Does not appear anywhere in the PinSound forums or download areas either that I can locate.

Thanks;

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Anyone here perhaps have a copy of the .psrec file for Doctor Who that they might share?
    Installed a PinSound+ board that I picked up at TPF in mine and while it sounds really cool the levels between the music/sfx and voices is WAY off (can barely hear the voices if anything else is playing) in all of the alternate mixes so would like to do some adjusting through the 'studio' app but the .psrec file for Doctor Who is not in the distribution set. Seems odd since a bunch of others are...
    Does not appear anywhere in the PinSound forums or download areas either that I can locate.
    Thanks;

You can make your own. Add a config file to the USB stick and it will start recording your games.

https://www.pinsound.org/configuration/

#65 6 years ago

I can't wait for these to come back in stock. Been on back order 3 weeks for almost 2 months. Though I just looked and it's actually down to 10 days.

#66 6 years ago

Quoted from cabuford:

You can make your own. Add a config file to the USB stick and it will start recording your games.
    https://www.pinsound.org/configuration/

Yes, was aware of that but also that unless you hit every mode, sub-mode, and possible combo in the game you will not get a complete capture of all of the possible events which is what I was hoping to avoid.

But if that is what it comes down to...

#67 6 years ago

Yes, was aware of that but also that unless you hit every mode, sub-mode, and possible combo in the game you will not get a complete capture of all of the possible events which is what I was hoping to avoid.

Take the glass off - it only takes a few minutes. Be careful of the mini-playfield!! It WILL chop your finger off

#68 6 years ago

I found it easier to make my own, because I could take the glass of, create the sequence of events I wanted, and then work on that specific section in PinStudio. Make a few files for different scenarios.

Also if you want to just get the voices louder, you can use the duck and gain features to change entire folders of sounds (you probably already know this).

1 week later
    #69 6 years ago

Can anyone give me some advice? I've just bought Pinsound Speakers to go with my Judge Dredd pin with Pinsound board (original model), Stereo 2.1 cable and all. I've done a few custom mixes (music only, but sounds sooooo much better!) but since no one has done a full enhanced sound mix how do you go about re-recording custom voice and SFX? I have DAW's and Audacity but I am not a voice artist and do not have the ability to re-create sound effects with stock library effects.

I've tried approaching some Pinsiders to possibly help me on this end (i.e. do an enhanced sound mix for JD) but no one wants to bite.

What to do? (First world problems I know)!

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from JediPimp:

Can anyone give me some advice? I've just bought Pinsound Speakers to go with my Judge Dredd pin with Pinsound board (original model), Stereo 2.1 cable and all. I've done a few custom mixes (music only, but sounds sooooo much better!) but since no one has done a full enhanced sound mix how do you go about re-recording custom voice and SFX? I have DAW's and Audacity but I am not a voice artist and do not have the ability to re-create sound effects with stock library effects.
    I've tried approaching some Pinsiders to possibly help me on this end (i.e. do an enhanced sound mix for JD) but no one wants to bite.
    What to do? (First world problems I know)!

Get the original game mix from the Pinsound Community. Go to Youtube and download the Dredd Soundtrack, clips from the movie, etc. You can then replace whatever you want in the callouts. I would worry about SFX last. You can do a "pseudo-stereo" effect on music or SFX (or voice, if you want, although I wouldn't) using an Audacity plugin. Good luck.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Get the original game mix from the Pinsound Community. Go to Youtube and download the Dredd Soundtrack, clips from the movie, etc. You can then replace whatever you want in the callouts. I would worry about SFX last. You can do a "pseudo-stereo" effect on music or SFX (or voice, if you want, although I wouldn't) using an Audacity plugin. Good luck.

Thanks Rdoyle1978 you've given me something to strive for.

#72 6 years ago

I will say, that before I leave this hobby I am going to put up a killer mix for TFTC and goldeneye unless someone else does it before me. The board is just too expensive for me at this time.

#73 6 years ago

The only thing I don't like about using movie footage for voice and sfx sound bytes is that it's hard to find clear samples. They're usually mixed in with background sound effects and music and can sound messy.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from JediPimp:

The only thing I don't like about using movie footage for voice and sfx sound bytes is that it's hard to find clear samples. They're usually mixed in with background sound effects and music and can sound messy.

You should try extracting the centre/dialogue channel audio from the movie/DVD/Blu-ray. That gives you some pretty good results. And you can enhance with some EQ and a bit of room reverb etc. Works great.

And YouTube Is a great resource for sound FX.

#75 6 years ago

Does the new pinsound board have a stereo switch? Can't seem to find one...

1 week later
    #76 5 years ago

Just installed pinsound+ in CFTBL. PP speakers and PP upgraded sub. Wools file set.

This is a dramatic improvement and I would recomend this to any CFTBL owner.

Anyone hear rumors about when the shaker add on will be available?

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Just installed pinsound+ in CFTBL. PP speakers and PP upgraded sub. Wools file set.
    This is a dramatic improvement and I would recomend this to any CFTBL owner.
    Anyone hear rumors about when the shaker add on will be available?

They aren’t rumours - they’ve been official on this for 2 YEARS. It’s more like vapourware

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They aren’t rumours - they’ve been official on this for 2 YEARS. It’s more like vapourware

Man, want to down vote the news, not the messenger.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Man, want to down vote the news, not the messenger.

Oops yeah that’s what I was trying to do

2 weeks later
    #80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Are these relaly effin' necessary? I mean, can we save $50 by not having them? How many people play with the backbox open to admire them? And now, admire them *with color*!

I do. Seriously. They are way cool. LOL

Chris

2 weeks later
    #82 5 years ago

What’s new or fixed in the update?

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

What’s new or fixed in the update?

No change log was listed

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

No change log was listed

First person to update their pinsound in a LOTR and confirm here that whitestar mix-switching is fixed, wins an upvote.

#85 5 years ago

Hopefully they fixed the delay that was occurring on some of the mixes for certain games (IJTPA comes to mind)

#86 5 years ago

Anyone have issues with the update?

After the update my USB doesnt seem to work. When I turn on the game, the pinsound board says I have a USB error and tells me to reboot the game. It keeps doing it each time I reboot.

This is the same USB I was using before and it worked fine before the update. I tried a new 3.0 16GB USB drive and that has same issue.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Anyone have issues with the update?
    After the update my USB doesnt seem to work. When I turn on the game, the pinsound board says I have a USB error and tells me to reboot the game. It keeps doing it each time I reboot.
    This is the same USB I was using before and it worked fine before the update. I tried a new 3.0 16GB USB drive and that has same issue.

It might be something with the USB structure - are your files and folders the same on the drive that they were before?

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

More
    It might be something with the USB structure - are your files and folders the same on the drive that they were before?

Yes

#89 5 years ago

And to be sure I put the original zip files from the pinsound site on the USB so it would rebuild the folders andithadthe same problem.

1 week later
    #90 5 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

And to be sure I put the original zip files from the pinsound site on the USB so it would rebuild the folders andithadthe same problem.

You need to reformat your USB drive before transfering the zip file. Same problem here and that is the solution som far.

1 month later
    #91 5 years ago

New firmware again v18.8.0 (19 Jul 2018): https://www.pinsound.org/wp-content/uploads/releases/pinsound-update-0188.psrom2

Seems like the update file is removed after installation, no need to remove flash drive... just reboot.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from zoda:

New firmware again v18.8.0 (19 Jul 2018): https://www.pinsound.org/wp-content/uploads/releases/pinsound-update-0188.psrom2
    Seems like the update file is removed after installation, no need to remove flash drive... just reboot.

FYI this firmware looks to be compatible with both versions

#93 5 years ago

Interesting... Today this link gets a "404 - page not found" error.

Tweak it a bit and the v18.7.0 file can be downloaded. Wonder if a new bug popped up?

#94 5 years ago

Interesting... Today this link gets a "404 - page not found" error.
    Tweak it a bit and the v18.7.0 file can be downloaded. Wonder if a new bug popped up?

I think I may have found a couple bugs; playing TZ today I did hear at least twice where I think it played the wrong sound

#95 5 years ago

I got a WHOLE bunch of PMs asking about what USB drive to upgrade to -
    For those who don’t know the history of this- there are several outstanding mixes out there for PinSound games - in particular is the amazing Indiana Jones mix by Endprodukt. The mix has a million callouts and CD quality orchestra sound (stereo!). But on a lot of boards, it can exhibit delays in the sounds - e.g. you’ll be playing a game, drain, and THEN the game plays the sound for the last thing you did with that ball that just drained. Frustrating to say the least.
    Well. I am proud to say we’ve identified this particular problem as definitely related to the speed of the USB drive installed to the board. I bought several super-fast usb drives and tested them on IJ and on Twilight zone (which does not typically exhibit delays)
    It worked. No delays after several games, quick plays, long plays, and by a player much better than me.
    Of note is that the stock USB drive that comes with the board is .. pretty much a piece of crap. Get rid of it!
    Here is the link to the killer drive

SanDisk Extreme CZ80 16GB USB 3.0... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KT7DOR0

#96 5 years ago

When I bought my board it didn't come with a USB drive so I bought the one from pinsound. How does the ScanDisk Ultrafit 16GB one they sell compare? I like the small form of it.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from shepP:

When I bought my board it didn't come with a USB drive so I bought the one from pinsound. How does the ScanDisk Ultrafit 16GB one they sell compare? I like the small form of it.

I don't have one of those, so I can't compare directly. That is a different drive than the ones the Pinsound 1 shipped with (which was fairly crappy). I believe the Sandisk Ultrafits are USB 3 and are relatively recent, but their -theoretical- top speed is 150 MB/s, and I measured the Cruzer at 190 -

however, PinSound needs to do what is called a "random read" to work right, and this has to be tested directly on the actual drive to really know. some drives are super fast at doing a basic sequential read (reading values from the disk that are physically placed next to one another on the disk in sequence), and have horrendous random read speeds.

So it's probably fine, but I can't say for sure. The disk I posted is the second fastest one you can buy right now, so it's pretty good, but by no means the only option. You don't necessarily need "the fastest" drive, you just need one that is fast enough the game doesn't lag. And boot up is faster which is nice.

#98 5 years ago

Where can I find the Indiana Jones mix by Endprodukt? Can someone help me out?

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Where can I find the Indiana Jones mix by Endprodukt? Can someone help me out?

PM him, he will send you a link and politely ask for a couple of bucks donation. Give it to him, he put in an incredible amount of work on that mix. I would guess hundreds of hours

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from shepP:

Sandisk Ultrafit is OK, no delay with huge mixes.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcement-pinsound-reveals-the-pinsound/page/2?hl=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.