(Topic ID: 169165)

** Announcement ** PinSound / PPS partnership

By PinSound

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Everything started few years ago, when the PinSound board was not even a board, but barely a proof of concept of a system to replace the sound of our own pinball machine. We brought this prototype to a local pinball show and the feedback was absolutely amazing!

Encouraged by many pinball collectors, two more years were then necessary to industrialize the product and get a fully plug'n play high quality sound board. Now, with the PinSound Board, any pinhead can simply upgrade a wide range of compatible pinball machines, offering a completely new game-play.

Today, we're very proud to announce a new partnership with Planetary Pinball, rights holder of Bally/Williams.

This connection will enable us to reach a new step in the PinSound ecosystem as we will now develop new high quality sound packages: original, remastered and exclusive ones.

The PinSound board is a unique piece of hardware for pinball machine, already compatible with:
    - Data East Rev 3 (Rev 2 to come later)
    - System 11C (A/B to come later)
    - WPC 89 (pre-DCS)
    - WPC DCS
    - WPC 95
    - more to come soon!

Check all the features here: https://www.pinsound.org/

In the following weeks, original and remastered sound packages will be available for download on PinSound.org website.

We are looking to artists & musician who would like to create remastered or original contents for our product, contact us, we would love working with you!

Thanks again for all the great feedback and the huge support from the pinball community, we'd like also to thank Rick from PPS who has been very nice to work with.

For those of you who are attending the Pinball Expo at Chicago, the PinSound brothers will be there, stop by our booth to say hello or hangout with us

Meanwhile, the PinSound board is in stock, both at https://www.pinsound.org/shop webshop and Planetary Pinball Supply (http://www.planetarypinball.com) and Bay Area Amusements (http://www.bayareaamusements.com) for online purchase.

Nicolas & Timothée

#2 7 years ago

Sounds good.

#3 7 years ago

My WH20 is very excited about this!

#4 7 years ago

So how much is the price of it increasing to cover the licensing fees?

Kind of curious as to why this became necessary.. board's been around for a while, seemed like you guys were doing okay without this, unless this was simply to get higher volume production and distribution.

#5 7 years ago

Mine too

#6 7 years ago

That's great. I have been critical of rick in the past but on this, I have to give kudos where it is due. Thanks rick for pushing through whatever was the stumbling block and finding an amicable solution for pps and pinsound. Now let's get cracking on WH2o

#7 7 years ago

Excellent news Rick! Good man

#8 7 years ago

White Water time!

#9 7 years ago

Great to hear!

#10 7 years ago

I know it will be awhile before it is close to a release but the Whitewater project already sounds amazing in the early clip releases.

#11 7 years ago

Fantastic news! Pinsound is a truly awesome product and just like ColorDMD can freshen up an old machine. The only problem has been the lack of new content or where there is content the lack of rights to distribute it.

Hope this means even movie licenses will be covered.

#12 7 years ago

Any comment from either side (PPS or PinSound) about the White Water project?

#13 7 years ago

It wasn't too long ago rick was threatening people for redoing the ij sounds, weird to see this

#14 7 years ago

That is really good news.

I am sure that the shady/"gray area" regarding the new mixes has kept some people away from this great product.

Now we just await Stern compatibility. LOTR needs a new soundtrack.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

From the man who was working on it in the other thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis):

Quoted from Endprodukt:

Told you guys. BUT... just to let you know: I heard of this today. Don't expect anything from my side soon and I have no idea under which circumstances or price this will be going out to you. I have also no idea how this affects my old mixes and/or mixes with scores from movies.
    I'm waiting on my playfield and hope to reassemble my machine soon. The way I see it...as soon as I start playing it again, I want it to sound better so... let's see

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

Quoted from PPS:

Re-orchestration of WMS/BLY is 'ok' with us for PinSound compatible sound files. So we no issues with White Water ...

#17 7 years ago

Was there a re-orchestration of T2 that got removed ?

#19 7 years ago

Where do you get the actual sound files? Will it be like color dmd and you will be able to download the sound files for free.

#20 7 years ago

What we are concerned about is the original WMS copyright sounds - so we are ok with original game sound files for PinSound as well as improved original / reorchestrated sound files.

I believe that at least the WMS/BLY PinSound files will be hosted on the pinsound.org site, but need to check with the PinSound guys.

#21 7 years ago

Does this mean they will have access to higher quality samples that whats in the game? For example, like rudy's voice in funhouse?

#22 7 years ago

This is GREAT news, thanks for making it happen!

#23 7 years ago

Awesome! White Water, another reason to keep it for a long time.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

What we are concerned about is the original WMS copyright sounds - so we are ok with original game sound files for PinSound as well as improved original / reorchestrated sound files.
    I believe that at least the WMS/BLY PinSound files will be hosted on the pinsound.org site, but need to check with the PinSound guys.

Ok, just asking - not trying to stop any fights - but what are you NOT ok with? For example on TAF, are you good with people loading the original sounds onto a new PinSound board and calling it a day? I really am missing what specific circumstance is "not ok".

#25 7 years ago

I think that is best addressed with those creating content for distribution ... so primarily the PinSound guys will be my contact for PinSound related content.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Does this mean they will have access to higher quality samples that whats in the game? For example, like rudy's voice in funhouse?

No. Original sounds are not available in higher quality. Pinsound can use any files including original, but it really shines when using reorchestrated sounds and music in higher quality stereo.

#27 7 years ago

I'm not sure how you would know that ... but we have original MM sound files ... maybe more.

#28 7 years ago

now this is a great turn of events....good luck!- I now will have a good reason to get one....

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

I'm not sure how you would know that ... but we have original MM sound files ... maybe more.

If you have any higher quality original audio files from Funhouse then post just one file. Just one to prove your point.

#30 7 years ago

I don't need to prove points here ... sorry.

#31 7 years ago

I'm just asking you to put your big boy pants on and put your money where your mouth is. Don't mislead people.

#32 7 years ago

no idea what you are talking about.

#33 7 years ago

This is great news!

I would love to do a reorchestration of The Shadow for start.

Axl

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No. Original sounds are not available in higher quality. Pinsound can use any files including original, but it really shines when using reorchestrated sounds and music in higher quality stereo.

Well, they existed somewhere at one point. Holding out hope that some of the classics that really would benefit were in the hands of the people who could do great things with them.

Quoted from PPS:

This is what I was hoping for, and that you can allow Pinsound access to what you do have.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

I think that is best addressed with those creating content for distribution ... so primarily the PinSound guys will be my contact for PinSound related content.

This is exactly the type of non-answer that gets YOU in trouble on the forums.

This is the type of platform that allows people to create THEIR OWN content... and you are sloughing the definition of allowable boundaries (which you helped define) off to others... creating ambiguity and uncertainty... when you should be able to provide clarity instead. How the hell is joe random supposed to know this?

That's why you get people trollin your responses with your own words thrown back at you. (aka big pants)

1 month later
    #36 7 years ago

Any updates here? I'm really interested in WH20 and HS2 re-orchestrations..

#37 7 years ago

I'm on the fence about buying one of these for my TZ. I hate the sound on TZ, it's so low quality, This seems to resolve some of that, but is the music going to sound great and the call outs still sound low quality like they are coming from an AM radio?

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goalie:

I'm on the fence about buying one of these for my TZ. I hate the sound on TZ, it's so low quality, This seems to resolve some of that, but is the music going to sound great and the call outs still sound low quality like they are coming from an AM radio?

Love it in my TZ. There are several sound packages already on the pinsound community site

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

Love it in my TZ. There are several sound packages already on the pinsound community site

Yeah but do the call outs sound really garbled like the original still?

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goalie:

Sound better to me. Especially in stereo. Watch a couple of the YouTube videos and see if they sound different to you.

#41 7 years ago

Agreed. Available for TZ are the original remastered digital sounds by the original artist. Pinsound is amazing on TZ.

Apparently TZ was supposed to be released with DCS but it wasn't ready in time (but the recordings were).

Don't hesitate.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goalie:

The callouts are still the same, the only audio files currently available are that same low-res audio. HOWEVER the pinsound amp is substantially better than the onboard amp, and as a result they *do* sound better.

I have had a pinsound board almost as long as I've had a TZ and IMO it is a must-have mod. I had totally forgotten that the Golden Earring song was even in the original audio until I watched a Youtube of another machine the other day. the "original" audio intended for the DCS is just hands down better.

I've been considering rifling through my twilight zone episodes to snip out audio to recreate the callouts in Rod's actual voice at 44.1kHz. Seems like it would be very time consuming but how worth it would that be!?

#43 7 years ago

Pinsound makes sense if PPS will release original high quality audio files, even at a cost. If for instance I could buy a pinsound board and plug in play HD original audio for my Who Dunnit, it would already be in my shopping cart. This seem like a great way for PPS to keep monetizing their rights.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Pinsound makes sense if PPS will release original high quality audio files, even at a cost.

Also very interested.
    Here's hoping that they will at some point in the future.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from fishbone:

Also very interested.
    Here's hoping that they will at some point in the future.

I would totally pay for this - but I wonder if those files are even available? They might have to dig out the original audio tapes. Hell, I'll transfer them for free!

11 months later
    #46 6 years ago

Has any progress been made on this?

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from KBRI1700:

Has any progress been made on this?

Crickets. The PinSound guys don't post often, but they did just release news of a shaker attachment, which is really great news.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The PinSound guys don't post often, but they did just release news of a shaker attachment, which is really great news.

Link? I didn't see anything on Pinsound's site nor Pinsound Community, and their last post here was 66 days ago.

Shaker support has been teased and even mentioned in their firmware update notes for more than two years now, originally as a simple on/off signal and then as a Pulse Width Modulation add-on.

A search for "shaker" in perhaps the most active Pinsound thread on Pinside is... not heartening: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tq=shaker&tu

#49 6 years ago

‘Sounds’ familiar to the WPC 2.0 ideas touted in other threads. Lots of good noises, then silence....

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Link? I didn't see anything on Pinsound's site nor Pinsound Community, and their last post here was 66 days ago.
    Shaker support has been teased and even mentioned in their firmware update notes for more than two years now, originally as a simple on/off signal and then as a Pulse Width Modulation add-on.
    A search for "shaker" in perhaps the most active Pinsound thread on Pinside is... not heartening: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tq=shaker&tu

It was on their Facebook page - oct 13th

https://m.facebook.com/pinsound/

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcement-pinsound-pps-partnership and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.