Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMAG3844.jpg
    IMAG3870.jpg
    image.jpg
    bowling.jpg
    pinball_corner.jpg
    Party_Rooms.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    coming_soon.jpg
    New_Entrance.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Nickel City San Diego is moving into a larger facility this summer!

Highlights of the new Location

Larger game room
    - More games as well as more space between the games.

More Parking
    - There's more parking directly in front of the new location.

Expanded Pinball Lineup.
    - We're going to go from the current 5 pins to between 8 to 12 pins depending on the final game room layout.

New Private Party Rooms
    - There are three private party rooms and a black light party room. The three regular party rooms will have room dividers so that they can be reconfigured into a single large party room for group events.

New Kitchen
    - Pizza, soda, deserts, and snacks.

New Mini Bowling Lanes
    - 4 Lanes of Highway 66 Mini Bowling

More details to follow...

coming_soon.jpgcoming_soon.jpg

New_Entrance.jpgNew_Entrance.jpg

kitchen.jpgkitchen.jpg

Party_Rooms.jpgParty_Rooms.jpg

pinball_corner.jpgpinball_corner.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Looks awesome !

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Still up in Rancho Bernardo area or?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Still up in Rancho Bernardo area or?

It's on Miramar Road near Camino Ruiz. About 7 miles south of the current location.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

It's on Miramar Road near Camino Ruiz. About 7 miles south of the current location.

Nice, even closer to me. Thanks for being such a supporter of the San Diego pinball scene, Zach. I'm looking forward to the new location.

#6 9 years ago

I was San Diego for a week last summer and visited nickel city twice.....fun place! It did need more pins FOR ME.....but the redemption games filled up some of the time as well. Will hopefully be visiting family again soon and checking out this new location...it's a plus you guys are growing a bit. Kudos

#7 9 years ago

Im goin out to san diego tommorow. May have to check this place out.

#8 9 years ago

Nice closer to breweries too.

#9 9 years ago

Congrats in the move. Sounds positive. Can't wait to get down there. When's the eta for the new city to open?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats in the move. Sounds positive. Can't wait to get down there. When's the eta for the new city to open?

Right now it looks likes early to mid July, but that could easily change if any part of the build gets delayed.

1 week later
    #11 9 years ago

The mini bowling lanes are being installed!

bowling.jpgbowling.jpg

1 week later
    #12 9 years ago

Firepower is almost ready for the new location!
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#13 9 years ago

What is the lineup going to be?

#14 9 years ago

Looks like we'll start with Tron, WWF, Diner, IJ4, TSPP, WOZLE, LW3, and Firepower at a minimum.

1 week later
    #15 9 years ago

Opening date is now set at July 18th! The current Carmel Mountain location will close July 7th at 2pm. July 6th is the last full day at the Carmel Mountain Location.

The new location is at:

8990 Miramar Road
    San Diego, CA 92126

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
    #16 9 years ago

The Carmel Mtn location is now closed. The move is underway!

#17 9 years ago

The Carmel Mtn location is now closed. The move is underway!

Good luck!

#18 9 years ago

Are the hours going to be the same? I worked close enough to the old one to go at lunch to hit it up during lunch but didn't open till 1 right? I changed jobs, now over off of Mira mesa.. So once again I'm close enough

#19 9 years ago

I'm very excited as well for the new NC location!!!! At least this is closer to where I live.

#20 9 years ago

How far away is this place from Del Mar?

#21 9 years ago

prob 20 min

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

How far away is this place from Del Mar?

The Fair, I mean The Fab Fair just ended Sunday.

IMAG3870.jpgIMAG3870.jpg

IMAG3844.jpgIMAG3844.jpg
    #23 9 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Are the hours going to be the same? I worked close enough to the old one to go at lunch to hit it up during lunch but didn't open till 1 right? I changed jobs, now over off of Mira mesa.. So once again I'm close enough

I'm not sure if they've worked out the final hours yet. The new place has a cafe so they very well may open for lunch in the winter.

#24 9 years ago

It looks like the opening has moved back a couple of days to the 18th. It's possible that it could slip a little beyond that depending on how things go. The Nickel City facebook page should have the most up to date information.

The new place looks amazing! I was just there tonight dropping off pins.

#25 9 years ago

ah damn down here for work this weekend but it's the wrong timing - hope to check it out my next trip down here

1 week later
    #26 9 years ago

Hey is the new location open? Anybody go out there?

#27 9 years ago

It opened yesterday.They have Southpark,IJ,LW3,andWOZ.Me and my kids had a good time.The place was really clean and the owners treated us well.They even gave us a whole pizza when they thought our slices wernt up to snuff.

#28 9 years ago

Yes, and the place is just amazing. The owners did a fantastic job setting up the new location.

We have space for 10 pins however, I've been so busy with setting up the video games and a few other tasks that I haven't finished the pinball lineup yet. There are currently six pins WOZLE, Tron, TSPP, South Park, IJ4, and LW3.

I'll be bringing in more pins very soon to finish the lineup. In the meantime I just updated WOZ to 4.0 and there's a lot of really cool additions to the game. Come on in and check it out.

1 week later
    #29 9 years ago

Went there yesterday on the way back from San Diego. Nice, clean, and fun! I'm not into redemption, but I'll have to admit there was quite a selection of redemption games, several I've never seen before. Got to play some vids I haven't played in years (spent a lot of nickels on Rush 2049!). ... oh yeah, there were pins to!

#30 9 years ago

Need some fresh pics of the new location

4 weeks later
    #31 9 years ago

I added a few pics of the current 8 machines to the location profile

3 weeks later
    #32 9 years ago

Firepower is almost ready for the new location!

image.jpg 233 KB

so when is firepower showing up?

1 month later
    #33 9 years ago

firepower bump.

1 month later
    #34 9 years ago

Last time I was there, Diner and WWF were added to NC's lineup.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcement-nickel-city-san-diego-moving and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.