Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Dalbok
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

focus-group.jpg
    beta.png

#1 6 years ago

Hey Pinside!

As you may know I have been working full time on a responsive re-design for Pinside for the past few months. It basically boils down to this: make Pinside look awesome on any device from desktop to tablet to smartphone. Why? To accommodate the increasing number of mobile users (including myself!)

beta.pngBeta Testers
    As I've been working on nearly all templates that make up Pinside (trust me, that's a lot of code) and the chances of bugs are fairly big, I would like to invite some people to become a beta tester and use the new website, the beta version of Pinside, to find out if there are any mayor bugs. The beta is connected to the same database as the main site (via an API) so you will be able to post etc, with a slight chance of encountering a small (or huge) bug which you'll report in a special "bugs" sub-forum.

focus-group.jpgFocus Group
    Since I'm opening a new sub-forum specifically for the beta testers, I figured it would also be a nice experiment to see if I could gather a "Pinside Focus Group". Essentially what I'm looking for is a place to ventilate and discuss possible feature ideas with a group of Pinsiders who are avid users of the site and who would like to have some more "say" in the direction the site goes.

Requirements
    As you can imagine, you must be a regular Pinside user who is good at spotting technical/UI problems and describing them. You're either mobile, tablet or desktop. Or preferably on all three. Good at sparring new ideas. You're also good at keeping things under wraps as you will be privy to (sometimes bad) feature ideas that get floated in this "secret" focus group sub-forum.

Interested? PM me via this link: I want to be a beta tester / focus group member with a brief description why you would be perfect for this!

Thanks,
    Robin

#3 6 years ago

I'm impressed with the site and all it's features an options, especially with knowing a bit about all the work it takes to develop a site like this. Looking forward to using the site more on my phone and tablet.

#4 6 years ago

I have the site on pc,iPad and android phone, if I can help, would be glad to

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

are any mayor bugs.

Found one. Kidding aside, I can help beta test Robin.

#6 6 years ago

Def interested too. I have an iPhone, PC and iPad...

#7 6 years ago

would love to help. pm if u need me. rich

#8 6 years ago

I could help. I've been told i'm a Master Beta.....

#9 6 years ago

I have a PC and an old 4s that I use that can help the cause!

#10 6 years ago

Android/PC user. I'd be interested in helping.

#11 6 years ago

Glad to test.
    I mostly use my iPhone

#12 6 years ago

I view the site primarily by iPad. Would be glad to help.

#13 6 years ago

Be glad to help, have done software and web development in the past. Current platforms are Windows 7, Windows Phone 8.1, iOS, Android and access to a highly secure network that can't access pinside in case you need to test bouncers; be glad to generate violation reports in the interest of pinball because unions suck. Also can handle transport issues related to bandwidth/latency up to much faster than your host.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for the huge interest, everyone. The beta team is now 30+ Pinsiders strong. I'm answering the latest PM's today to add a few more and then I'm closing this for now and wrapping up the beta soon (I hope!)

#15 6 years ago

Just saw this post otherwise I would have PM'd earlier but just sent my request. Currently viewing on MAC, Windows 7/8, iPad and iPhone 5s.

1 week later
    #16 6 years ago

Loving the new mobile view of the site. Great job with that.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside