Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Santas-Hat-icon.png
    Pinside_bug.png
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 11 years ago

Check out this function, looks like it's part of the standard library. Pretty easy to use.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.imagerotate.php

#152 11 years ago

Hey, robin, don't know if you saw my post in another thread about this, but I know gweempose did and wanted to make sure you heard it as well so I'll post it here.

How about if when a thread gets "necromanced"(a new post in a very old thread) and is over about 6 months old or so, the thread title bar has a graphic on it to represent it's age, like a spiderweb or something? Maybe even a zombie head? Just something to denote it being a super old thread that has been recently "resurrected" by someone, noob or not.

Whaddaya think?

#153 11 years ago

Robin,

I noticed something about my need to constantly re-login. This only ever seems to happen on my iPhone. Occasionally, I am logged in and I lose my read forum messages. All messages go grey and unread but I am still shown as being logged in. So I log out and back in and all is well.

Well, I just was reading the forum on my iPhone at home (on wireless) when my forum messages went grey. I noticed that I had also lost my home wireless connection at the same time and instead was connected over AT&T's 4G network. This means my IP address would have changed. Well, I waited a minute and my home wireless connected back up (and thus my IP address returned to what it was previously) and when I hit refresh, I was back with all the correct read/unread messages without having to logout/in.

Is there a cookie or something that is based on IP address? And when the IP address of the connected device changes, it screws up parts of the users logon info?

#154 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Robin,
    I noticed something about my need to constantly re-login. This only ever seems to happen on my iPhone. Occasionally, I am logged in and I lose my read forum messages. All messages go grey and unread but I am still shown as being logged in. So I log out and back in and all is well.
    Well, I just was reading the forum on my iPhone at home (on wireless) when my forum messages went grey. I noticed that I had also lost my home wireless connection at the same time and instead was connected over AT&T's 4G network. This means my IP address would have changed. Well, I waited a minute and my home wireless connected back up (and thus my IP address returned to what it was previously) and when I hit refresh, I was back with all the correct read/unread messages without having to logout/in.
    Is there a cookie or something that is based on IP address? And when the IP address of the connected device changes, it screws up parts of the users logon info?

Exact same bug I referenced above and I hadn't noticed it was related to ip until you mentioned it. Going between home wireless and LTE drops the session.

Use a 32bit hash session cookie identifier in lieu of ip and that will fix that issue

Exif is easy however orientation doesn't appear to be in the exif data

<?php
    echo "test1.jpg:
    \n";
    $exif = exif_read_data('tests/test1.jpg', 'IFD0');
    echo $exif===false ? "No header data found.
    \n" : "Image contains headers
    \n";

$exif = exif_read_data('tests/test2.jpg', 0, true);
    echo "test2.jpg:
    \n";
    foreach ($exif as $key => $section) {
    foreach ($section as $name => $val) {
    echo "$key.$name: $val
    \n";
    }
    }
    ?>

#155 11 years ago

Found another problem. When going through the list of topics I started on the activity page clicking the rightmost button beside each topic showing how long it's been since I started the thread takes me to a completely different link. In fact all of these buttons take me to the same thread which I posted in, but didn't start.

#156 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Robin,

Robin, this is still happening FYI.

#157 11 years ago

Belated Christmas gift.

New look.
    Cool.

Santas-Hat-icon.pngSantas-Hat-icon.png

#158 11 years ago

Any progress on fixing the session data issue?

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announced-pinside-downtime/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.