Topic Stats

• 847 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180203_134032 (resized).jpg
20180203_133705 (resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
3fdc_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
shame.jpeg
image.jpg
image-395.jpg
giphy[1].gif
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
PopcornSmilee.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#298 5 years ago

I sent travis a part for a completely unrelated project last april and now after 9 months, all communication has become one-sided. I'm not only out the promised reproduction, but my original part as well

I understand that they may be busy, but this is surely no way to run a business, especially one of his size. you live and die based on your reputation. when you can take the time to provide timely basic communication, it's no wonder that people have become as upset with him as they are.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

And this is one of the reasons I am VERY happy that James has gone and done the Cyclone ramps. We had been waiting on these guys but none of that ever materialized...
Jaz

as a matter of fact, it's james that is going to run this part for me as well

it's one thing to bite off more than you can chew, but it's another altogether to blow off your customer base altogether

#302 5 years ago

I'm not sure, but I was communicating with him via gmail so it was an email address that he gave me. the site for twistedpins.com has a phone no. too, so I'm going to give him a call (if they pick up) and see about getting my part back

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

I have two ID's per Robin and I asked him before creating the one from Twisted Pins. Notice you will never see me post on a Twisted Pins thread with my personal Pinside user name.

I told you I was sorry we could not create your part for you and would return it to you. You called and I answered and we discussed this today.

sorry travis, but you never stated that you were sorry and you never explained why you didn't respond to the numerous emails that I sent asking for the part to be returned. I'll believe that you've sent the part back when I actually have it back in my hands.

4 months later
#383 5 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

The final die has been made and shipped to the facility that is doing the embossing. Once they are complete the topper decals will be shipped to the printer so they can do the artwork and apply the cold sheet adhesive to the back of the decal. From there they will be shipped to us and we can start installing the decals onto the plastic support stands.

I'm assuming that you've run embossed tests against this "new" die and the cascading waterfall effect looks as close as you're going to get compared to the original pieces?

5 months later
#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Has anyone received a reply to an email?
I have sent 3 without a reply!
Thinking that this will be my first and last purchase from Twistedpins.

I had the same issue with him last year. sent him a part that he claimed that he would be able to reproduce. no replies (both phone and emails) for close to 5 months. I finally told him to send me back my original part (which I finally received about 6 months later).

I'm not saying that he's a bad guy because I understand that some of these projects are like icebergs, and you don't realize what you're getting into. and the further along you get, the more problems that seem to arise, setting you further behind.

however, in any type of business you definitely need some level of transparency and need to proactively communicate to your customers. secondly, you shouldn't EVER (and I can't stress this enough) take deposits for projects that are not complete. as I've found in this business, there are just too many unknowns. repeatedly missing deadlines that you, yourself have set will eventually come back to bite you in the rear.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside