PPS_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
shame.jpeg
image.jpg
image-395.jpg
giphy[1].gif
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
PopcornSmilee.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

Holy crap!

IN.

#61 10 years ago

CAN'T WAIT to pick this up from PAGG. I am looking forward more to getting the topper than the show itself!

#68 10 years ago

Nope. My topper is cracked and faded. Sacred to death to try and flatten it or re-color it. One of the last parts I need before my WH2O is ready to restore.

I will send ya a PM. (not about the restoration)

#94 10 years ago

Mine is wrinkled, bubbled, and cracked due to drying out. ANY replacement should be better! (Even more so if your game is missing their topper!)

So long crazy, $800+ ebay prices! You won't be missed

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

TwistedPins was unable to show up at Pinagogo...there were a few of us waiting anxiously but it didn't happen.

They were there and I talked to em. Good guys, but there was an issue with getting them on the plane due to the box size. If you were supposed to pick one up from them at PAGG, send them a PM.

1 week later
#149 10 years ago

Glad I did not order yet.

PLEASE keep on working on this! As soon as it works like the original, I am in!

2 months later
#195 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

No this project isn't dead in the water. We thought we had it figured out but now have ran into another hurdle. We finally got the artwork for the waterfall correct but still couldn't get the correct waterfall effect once installed into a machine. Then it hit us that the foil board we had them made on is WAY glossier than an original topper. We sanded the glossy board with a piece of 320 grit sandpaper that was laying around and the results were improved. But still not what they should be. Right now we are testing out some different foil boards and we hope that will give us the original results.

Thank you for the update! I am waiting patiently for you guys to get all the bugs figured out and fixed, but will be buying one for sure!

1 month later
#206 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Update as of 9/23
We are working with multiple companies right now to find the correct foil board. The two issues with the first run were the embossing not being deep enough which we have fixed but we also used a glossier foil board not knowing that it would make a difference. We have done some in house testing by hand sanding the glossier foil board and then installing it in the machine. When we did this it greatly improved the waterfall action. But it was a crude look on the foil board so it was not something we could do by hand and make it look good. So that has lead us to today where we continue to work on finding the correct foil board.
As we have told all of our customers who are still in at this point. At any time should you want a refund please contact us and we are more than happy to issue it right away.

Thank you for the update!

I don't have any money in this yet, but am patiently awaiting the arrival of the topper.

4 months later
#289 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I should have gone with my gut after he was avoiding posting the video.. and then failed to deliver whatever show he promised them to be at. I guess I was just really hoping this would get finished.

Not fair to say. They were unable to bring to the show due to the airlines, not their fault. I talked with them at PAGG about it. They guys were very apologetic about the situation.

I would say be patient. This is NOT an easy piece to build. It has been attempted before, and they have made the most inroads out of anyone. Getting the stamp needed to emboss the foil properly (since the original was lost) is going to take some time.

I am still holding out for them to get it completed. They have not said they have given up yet.

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's great and all, but they've been holding my money for 8 months without acceptable communication. Maybe I'm not the most patient person, but I think I've given this a fair amount of time. Now all I would like is a refund. I think that's very fair.

Have you asked for a refund? I know they were refunding money no questions asked.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from Bomba:

Have you read the above posts? He mentioned he has sent numerous emails in regards to a refund.

I may have missed those, my apologies.

If paid for with a CC, open a complaint. They are also the group doing stencils right?

FWIW, I meant patience in waiting for them to get it right, not in asking for a refund.

2 weeks later
#325 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Sadly I agree...
#1. They have been made before
#2. That was 20+ years ago and they cant be made even better now?
I applaud the effort but cant understand why they collected money and produced a dud, then to make matters worse, they upset people with bad communication, multiple accounts, etc.
Makes me wonder why, even if they get it right, Id send them my money.

A little research shows why it is hard to make. Simply: the original embosser is long gone, and the gentleman who built the embosser has passed. You are reproing a part where the foil has to be extremely dead on to work right, and you can't simply make a mold of an original, because odds are you will damage it.

2 months later
#364 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Same here
When we started this project just over a year ago we never thought it would turn into what it has. But we have not abandoned this in any shape or form. Just want to make sure it is perfect before saying that it is finished. We have learned from our past mistakes.

Good. Still patiently waiting for these to happen!

You guys coming to PAGG this year??

1 month later
#385 9 years ago

Awesome! Been waiting for this since PAGG last year!

3 months later
#446 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hey... this topper looks just like the one that was stolen right off my game.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I posted my own thread on this about 4 months ago…
Topic: Someone stole my White Water topper (dome and waterfall)
"I own a vacation home in Lake Tahoe, CA. I have many arcade games for my guests to play and enjoy (Ms. PacMan ~ Galaga ~ air hockey ~ pair Rush the Rock drivers ~ Crazy Taxi ~ Mega Touch ~ Bumper Pool ~ 2 pinballs). One pinball was a White Water.
My clean crew didn't notice that one of my guests removed the dome and the waterfalls inside, on top the game. I've had a dozens guests in and out and wouldn't know which one who did. It's definitely a pinhead, which really sucks too.
I need to replace it, any help? I know BAA & Marco sell the clear domes for WW & FT. Are there any good repo waterfalls available?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note: Travis at TwistedPins chimed into my thread and graciously offered to replace my stolen topper. I'm very appreciative of this.
Kerry

Well the seller is Dave and his number is:
213-392-4324

Does the info match anyone who may have stayed at your place? (The number was in the ad, so there was no doxxing done to get this info)

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I'm not sure why people are bumping this thread...If TwistedPin has more info he will post it...I'ts not like he will see this and say "oh yeah, I got the toppers done I guess I just forgot to tell everybody"

Your logic has no place here, Sir!

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

updates on the pps forum as of today from TP

Edit: found it on the pps site. Sweet

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

$269......man........ kinda glad I don't own a Wh20 but when you need something expensive is better than nothing I guess. Glad it sounds like you guys who need them may finally get them.
Cheers!

Actually...it is 219, 269 includes a new clear top. Really not a bad deal at all!

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

I made the seller an offer of $75 and he made a delusional counter of $500 - his original asking price. With the TP/PPS repro ready to pop very soon why would anyone offer any more than $50-$75 for a used and severely faded one like he has listed? Those holding on for that huge $800 FeePay payday may have missed their window of opportunity to rip someone's eyes out!

You made a lowball offer of 75 bucks, were you actually expecting the guy to say ok??

1 week later
#493 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I know these are hard to get but (very reasonable) it is just a piece of plastic with a foil sticker on it. Its us that are making this hobby so expensive.

in the strictest terms, yes. Then again a pinball machine is just a heavy wooden box too

1 week later
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Has anyone purchased and installed the decal that goes over the original waterfall with the cutout for the foil?
I have it and now thinking about installing it is giving me the willies.

A buddy of mine did his and it came out well. I also have a friend who did the touch up with sharpies and it came out really well.

1 month later
#534 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I don't even think Santa's elves could help twisted pins get it right.

Twisted pins has gotten further than any other group that has attempted to repro the topper. Obviously there has been issues, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

#538 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

This type of attitude is why the pre-pay crap still takes place. Twice on this page alone, its been said... you don't come out and ask for money, take said money, fail to produce and then disappear.
How about a good business model...... create the product, produce valid pictures AND VIDEO and then collect the $$.

Sorry I look on the bright side of things. My comment has nothing to do with pre orders, nor do I agree with the idea. Thank you for sticking words in my mouth I didn't say. Much appreciated.

3 months later
#566 9 years ago

He took my $137 for a TAXI spin out ramp back in July 2014 (9 months ago). Still no ramp.

Well Kerry you may be in luck...twisted pins is supposed to be a vendor at pagg this year. Here is to hoping you get your ramp!

#570 9 years ago

Great news... I'll meet up with him.
BTW: Rick at BAA emailed me personally, to say Travis is sending me my paid Taxi ramp. So, maybe things are materializing for him. That could be great news for those of use who have been waiting for his products.

Well I am not one to get on his case about the topper (and I do feel for those who still are owed money), the lack of communication has sucked for sure. Very glad I never gave money before hand, and waited. My topper is not in great shape, and if this never comes, may end up fixing the fade and leaving it

1 week later
#577 9 years ago

They will be at pagg, and I would really like to ask a few questions.....

1 month later
#593 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Has anyone been there and visited them in person regarding the WW Foil Toppers?

I was hoping to talk with him at PAGG, but twisted pins ended up not being there.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

This thread was started 2 years ago. Nothing has been produced as far as I know.
I'd say the thread is dead.

Some were produced, but the effect was minimal at best. Since then sporadic updates here (and on the BAA site) mentioned issues and then finally the effect work, but there was an issue with the glue. An ETA of the 1st quarter was given. Then nothing.

As much as I hate to say it, I think it is dead. Which is too bad, as it really is a needed part.

2 weeks later
#627 8 years ago

There hasn't been any updates on the PP forums either. Has anyone emailed Rick to see if he could get some info?

3 months later
#652 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Agreed, if TP has a stand at Expo 2015 it might be worth it for someone in attendance to pay his booth a visit and ask for an update. At this point I too believe that this horse is dead.
Gord

They were supposed to be at PAGG 2015 but ended up not showing.

#685 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Man, I'd just be happy with a non-effect topper and a dome.
Just something ....
rd

You can get those

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah ... But I paid Twisted for the other one, it'd be cool if they did something about it.
I've had a generous offer via PM, I may have a plain one sorted.
Pinside is cool.
Dave.

Gotcha.

4 months later
#731 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Here's the big issue..Rick owns the rights currently...why doesn't PPS make them, anything? He takes a fee and let's others make his product. If PPs owns the rights than they should be making everything.

Because that is not always how a business works. Ford owns the rights to 'Mustang.' Do you really think they make every single piece of merch that is out there for the Mustang? By your logic, Ford should have built the Mustang pinball, not Stern.

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I haven't looked closely at my topper but is it not just embossed foil paper?
If you had the paper/foil printed .
You could probably emboss it one using a silhouette cameo and the embossing tool.
Id imagine the original was done with a wheel like this machine
3fdc_(resized).jpg

It is, but the big trick is getting the pattern right so the light is reflected properly. The original die was lost years ago, so any progress that was/is done starts from scratch.

#734 8 years ago

It really is such a terrible bummer that it ended up like this. The spinout ramp and the MPF cover for DW that he made were a huge deal.

3 weeks later
#801 8 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Holy smokes. That's a lot of words.
Note to self: Never buy a Whitewater missing its topper with the hopes finding one on the used market.

You can find the toppers easily, once you throw out at least 600 bucks as bait

#802 8 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Holy smokes. That's a lot of words.
Note to self: Never buy a Whitewater missing its topper with the hopes finding one on the used market.

Holy Multiple posts! Please delete

3 weeks later
#808 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

The Treasure cove graphics with the cut out for the foil looks very nice when installed.

Yes they do, and I have thought about going that route myself, but I SUCK at decal installs. A buddy of mine touched his up, and have thought about going that route.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction?tu=dsuperbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.