PPS_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
shame.jpeg
image.jpg
image-395.jpg
giphy[1].gif
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
PopcornSmilee.jpg
There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I sent travis a part for a completely unrelated project last april and now after 9 months, all communication has become one-sided. I'm not only out the promised reproduction, but my original part as well
I understand that they may be busy, but this is surely no way to run a business, especially one of his size. you live and die based on your reputation. when you can take the time to provide timely basic communication, it's no wonder that people have become as upset with him as they are.

Did twisted pins used to have a different pinside username? TravisinSD or something along those lines?

#302 10 years ago

I'm not sure, but I was communicating with him via gmail so it was an email address that he gave me. the site for twistedpins.com has a phone no. too, so I'm going to give him a call (if they pick up) and see about getting my part back

#303 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did twisted pins used to have a different pinside username? TravisinSD or something along those lines?

Cardfelon

#304 10 years ago

in that case, he was on Pinside yesterday...

http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cardfelon

not exactly sure how come he is allowed to have 2 Pinside user IDs especially if people are getting bounced checks and troubles to get parts and money back?

there is also this which is appearing very familiar>>>

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-pinside-member-cardfelon-aka-travis-of-boise-id
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-is-x-mas-update-on-travis-aka-cardfelon-from-boise-id#post-559287

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

not exactly sure how come he is allowed to have 2 Pinside user IDs especially if people are getting bounced checks and troubles to get parts and money back?

I have two ID's per Robin and I asked him before creating the one from Twisted Pins. Notice you will never see me post on a Twisted Pins thread with my personal Pinside user name.

Quoted from j_m_:

I'm not sure, but I was communicating with him via gmail so it was an email address that he gave me. the site for twistedpins.com has a phone no. too, so I'm going to give him a call (if they pick up) and see about getting my part back

I told you I was sorry we could not create your part for you and would return it to you. You called and I answered and we discussed this today.

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

hat's great and all, but they've been holding my money for 8 months without acceptable communication. Maybe I'm not the most patient person, but I think I've given this a fair amount of time. Now all I would like is a refund. I think that's very fair.

We have issued refunds to every person that has asked for one. If you have not received a refund please contact me directly to resolve the issue.

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

I have two ID's per Robin and I asked him before creating the one from Twisted Pins. Notice you will never see me post on a Twisted Pins thread with my personal Pinside user name.

I told you I was sorry we could not create your part for you and would return it to you. You called and I answered and we discussed this today.

sorry travis, but you never stated that you were sorry and you never explained why you didn't respond to the numerous emails that I sent asking for the part to be returned. I'll believe that you've sent the part back when I actually have it back in my hands.

#308 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

got it, so you just use the personal account to lurk and avoid commenting when people have been posting here to try and get your attention for a refund. glad that is cleared up...

sorry if I am jumping to conclusions but this is just like a bad ground hog day and you have no one to blame but your own lack of communication for letting things get to this point.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

got it, so you just use the personal account to lurk and avoid commenting when people have been posting here to try and get your attention for a refund. glad that is cleared up...

sorry if I am jumping to conclusions but this is just like a bad ground hog day and you have no one to blame but your own lack of communication for letting things get to this point.

I had an account on Pinside well before the idea to create Twisted Pins was created. I use the Twisted Pins account only for business related posts.

You are welcome to your own opinion and that is your right. Not sure where I stated this was somebody's fault and tried to blame somebody else??

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

orry travis, but you never stated that you were sorry and you never explained why you didn't respond to the numerous emails that I sent asking for the part to be returned. I'll believe that you've sent the part back when I actually have it back in my hands.

I'm not going to sit here and debate with you on this. You called me today and I told you sorry creating a custom part for you didn't work and that I would return the part to you tomorrow.

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

I had an account on Pinside well before the idea to create Twisted Pins was created. I use the Twisted Pins account only for business related posts.
You are welcome to your own opinion and that is your right. Not sure where I stated this was somebody's fault and tried to blame somebody else??

It might have been a mistake on Robin's part to break his own rule and allow two accounts. If you had started this project under the name everyone knew you as, people might have made different decisions as the whether they were in or out.

#312 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Thanks for your donation to Python.

#313 10 years ago

It's too bad that this project and thread have devolved into this. This is a part that is really needed by a lot of people...

But, since it has...
PopcornSmilee.jpgPopcornSmilee.jpg

#314 10 years ago

cantwealljustgetalong.jpgcantwealljustgetalong.jpg

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

It's too bad that this project and thread have devolved into this. This is a part that is really needed by a lot of people...

Tru Dat. My WH20 doesn't have a topper at all

#316 10 years ago

I have two and sold my beat up one when this was announced - now I have one topperless...

#317 10 years ago

So the last real update on the topper was on 12/26/13. The only thing from the OP in this post since then has not addressed any progress regarding the topper. So in an effort to cut through the crap I will ask this:

TwistedPins: Has there been any progress made, since last year, in bringing to market a topper that functions like the original?

A drama free, technical heavy response would be preferred.

#318 10 years ago

I too need a good 'working' topper. I'm so pulling for Twisted Pin to get this right Any new update sir?

#319 10 years ago

Hi

Any ideas as to when this will be made?
I sold my original one when you announced your new topper.
So all I have is t he non working one you sent me.
I'm happy to wait a bit longer, but please let us know what is going on.
Thanks

#320 10 years ago

So TwistedPins is the same as CardFelon ? is there a third person involved as well? or is this just one person? We can just note that they are all the same guy when he posts.

Would be so cool to have this topper.

What do you think he means when he says all who have asked for refunds have received? He is still holding some people's money? for what? If there is progress being made that is way cool, love to see pics.

#321 10 years ago

You have to somewhat feel sorry/yet laugh at the guys that thought they could sell their original topper for a premium before word got out that reproductions would be made, only to have them get burned when things fell flat with the reproduction.

#322 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have to somewhat feel sorry/yet laugh

Not the best choice, but definitely not something to laugh at. I hope all the drama gets settled and the people that need this part get it.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

So TwistedPins is the same as CardFelon ? is there a third person involved as well? or is this just one person? We can just note that they are all the same guy when he posts.

I'm kinda surprised Robin let him have an alias.

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I can't believe these would be hard to remake.

Sadly I agree...

#1. They have been made before

#2. That was 20+ years ago and they cant be made even better now?

I applaud the effort but cant understand why they collected money and produced a dud, then to make matters worse, they upset people with bad communication, multiple accounts, etc.

Makes me wonder why, even if they get it right, Id send them my money.

#325 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Sadly I agree...
#1. They have been made before
#2. That was 20+ years ago and they cant be made even better now?
I applaud the effort but cant understand why they collected money and produced a dud, then to make matters worse, they upset people with bad communication, multiple accounts, etc.
Makes me wonder why, even if they get it right, Id send them my money.

A little research shows why it is hard to make. Simply: the original embosser is long gone, and the gentleman who built the embosser has passed. You are reproing a part where the foil has to be extremely dead on to work right, and you can't simply make a mold of an original, because odds are you will damage it.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

A little research shows why it is hard to make. Simply: the original embosser is long gone, and the gentleman who built the embosser has passed. You are reproing a part where the foil has to be extremely dead on to work right, and you can't simply make a mold of an original, because odds are you will damage it.

Listen, im not trying to start another Pinside shit show but if the technology is 20+ years old, surely someone can figure out how to reproduce it without the original embosser. Id actually expect it would be better than the original.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'm kinda surprised Robin let him have an alias.

When Twisted Pins was started I approached Robin about having a separate user ID to keep my posts separated between business and personal posts. Not sure why this now is a big deal as many people who know me already knew I had the two user profiles. It's not like I went behind Robins back and created multiple user profiles. I suggest that if anybody has an issue with they take it up with Robin directly. It's not like I use my personal profile to promote my business etc...

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Listen, im not trying to start another Pinside shit show but if the technology is 20+ years old, surely someone can figure out how to reproduce it without the original embosser. Id actually expect it would be better than the original.

Sadly you would think it was easier now to reproduce it but there are several complex issues with how the original was created that have been major roadblocks. The technology used back when the original was produced is no longer used and with how similar items are produced today many places do not have the machinery necessary to do an embossing this size.

The project is not dead as I have way too much time and money invested in it. But we are working on several other projects right now behind the scenes that are taking priority that are items that have never been available to the community. When they are done and ready for sale we will announce them.

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

The project is not dead as I have way too much time and money invested in it. But we are working on several other projects right now behind the scenes that are taking priority that are items that have never been available to the community. When they are done and ready for sale we will announce them.

In that case my advice is that you should PROACTIVELY refund anyone's payment that has been in your holding pattern with their $$$ held hostage while you are persuing other efforts with their start up capital. They should not have to ask you for the money when you are not even working on the product.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

. I suggest that if anybody has an issue with they take it up with Robin directly. It's not like I use my personal profile to promote my business etc...

I think that is a great idea and I think others should do the same. I don't know of any other business which has individuals with multiple accounts so you should not be any different. If you were forced to keep your original account for business purposes instead of hiding behind a new one, then I am guessing many people would not be subjected to your same shenanigans as they would have never given you cash for the WH2O topper knowing your history.

#333 10 years ago

Whysnow - Haven't you noticed the "take money first and deliver something somewhere down the road" business mode is the new standard. I appreciate others taking risks to produce new/novel products for the pinball community. I have even supported many of these initiatives (including this one at the start). However, it seems to be getting a bit out of control.

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have to somewhat feel sorry/yet laugh at the guys that thought they could sell their original topper for a premium before word got out that reproductions would be made, only to have them get burned when things fell flat with the reproduction.

Wonder if the same will happen to those selling MM?

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I went out and bought one of the originals that were put up for sale - something told me it was a wise decision.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I went out and bought one of the originals that were put up for sale - something told me it was a wise decision.

I sold my game around the time this all started. That was a very wise decision. This game just didn't work for me while I know others love it.

#337 10 years ago

I should clarify my post earlier in regards to the current state of the project after receiving multiple email and PM's in regard to it today.

No the project is not dead and we are still working on completing it although it is not as working out in the time frame we had anticipated due to vendors not being able to fulfill their end of the work. The original company we had working on this finally threw in the white flag and referred us to a different company in Germany who is now working on making the die for us. Once we get the correct die made it is easy from there. The art work and correct material is already on hand.

I hope this clarifies the current state of the project and if anybody has a question please email me directly.

[email protected]

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Whysnow - Haven't you noticed the "take money first and deliver something somewhere down the road" business mode is the new standard. I appreciate others taking risks to produce new/novel products for the pinball community. I have even supported many of these initiatives (including this one at the start). However, it seems to be getting a bit out of control.

I am proud to say that Pinball Inc has NEVER taken money first. We constantly have people tell us they want to give us money to start a new project but we refuse to take it. We always make the product at our risk and never at the risk of the customer.

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

When Twisted Pins was started I approached Robin about having a separate user ID to keep my posts separated between business and personal posts. Not sure why this now is a big deal as many people who know me already knew I had the two user profiles. It's not like I went behind Robins back and created multiple user profiles. I suggest that if anybody has an issue with they take it up with Robin directly. It's not like I use my personal profile to promote my business etc...

Thanks again for your donation to the Python Anghelo fund.

#340 10 years ago

This soap opera has been going on for 9 months - I think it is sufficent to say it's going nowhere.

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

Because you keep telling the same BS I'll repeat my response in regards to your "business profile"....
"Oh you mean like that slam post you made about my company on the MM remake thread? How was that a "business" post? Oh but wait there's more, you asked me to forgive and make amends so I agreed to forgive and make amends and I removed EVERY post I made about you in response to that post and I contacted EVERY person who quoted my posts and to their credit they removed EVERY post. But you? You kept the original post on the MM thread and didn't remove it like you said you would. You wrote me a bad check, you lied and you don't honor your word. I completely understand why you would need an alias."

James - I suggest you let it lie at this point. He's shown his true colors. All you're doing at this point is starting to make yourself look bad and I don't want to see that happen.

Jaz

4 weeks later
#342 10 years ago

Knock Knock

Any word if this is getting closer please?

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Knock Knock
Any word if this is getting closer please?

+1

rd.

#344 10 years ago

The lead time that was originally quoted to me for the new die to be made has not actually happened. I wish it was as simple as just giving the job to another die manufacture but it was tough to find this one and I had to go overseas. Every lead I tracked down here in the US turned the job down after looking at the prints for it.

The project isn't dead and I wish I had better news to report but at this point I don't. Trust me once I do it will be posted here on Pinside right away.

#345 10 years ago

I'm hanging in there rooting for you - keep at it!

#346 10 years ago

Hang in there twistedpins.

#347 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm hanging in there rooting for you

You know that has quite the different meaning outside the States

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=root

rd.

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

LMAO thats rooted in funny

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

#350 10 years ago

Thanks Twisted pins for your reply

But lets say that this does not get up and go
Those of us that have payed, Do we automatically get a refund?

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.