PPS_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
shame.jpeg
image.jpg
image-395.jpg
giphy[1].gif
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
PopcornSmilee.jpg

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

We will have video up by the end of the weekend if not sooner. Ran into some board issues with my personal WH20 and it isn't fixed yet. We have sold several to people who will have them in there machines at PAGG this weekend and we will be there to get video. When we originally tested the sample in my machine before signing off with final production it worked like the original that was in the machine.

He answered here (arrow pointing up)

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Bump for the OP; not sure if you saw this?

The OP answered this question (post 16):

"We will have video up by the end of the weekend"

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Mine is wrinkled, bubbled, and cracked due to drying out.

I see now.The heat from the lamps did this to the originals.I just installed the color dmd.

Maybe later in the year if they're still available.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Is the foil stamping going to be an exact repro of the original?

Or is it more like a close proximity?

#105 10 years ago

Can you sell the domes as a separate item?

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

We will be releasing the dome also just by itself in the next few days.

#107 10 years ago

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

GLM has them for $30 each.

At one point they made the chase driver board as well, but they haven't been in stock in a few years.

#108 10 years ago

Anyone get any pics or video of this from PAGG or actually pick one up?

#109 10 years ago

Curious as well - show off the goods!

#110 10 years ago

TwistedPins was unable to show up at Pinagogo...there were a few of us waiting anxiously but it didn't happen.

#111 10 years ago

Oh man, I need one of these!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

TwistedPins was unable to show up at Pinagogo...there were a few of us waiting anxiously but it didn't happen.

They were there and I talked to em. Good guys, but there was an issue with getting them on the plane due to the box size. If you were supposed to pick one up from them at PAGG, send them a PM.

#113 10 years ago

Hey Brian,

Steve mentioned something about a loading issue on the plane with the guys and I understood it that they were unable to make the show. I didn't see the guy's there, but I guess I stand corrected. Sent them a PM this morning and I am sure I will hear back soon.

Thanks

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

We will have video up by the end of the weekend if not sooner.

Did I miss the link somewhere?

#115 10 years ago

Sorry to all of those that we were suppose to deliver the toppers to at the show. We were there late Friday and all day Saturday. The box we packed was oversize and United decided that since it was such a small plane that it wasn't going to work. We thought that it would be fine when we looked at the maximum box dimensions on the United site.

We talked with several people at the show in regards to this but if we haven't talked yet please send me a PM and we will take care of you.

#116 10 years ago

How about video, did anyone happen to video one of the games there that was supposed to have one or were they going to get one that weekend and since you couldn't bring them. They don't have them yet?

#117 10 years ago

Any video yet?

#118 10 years ago

I ordered 6 days ago.. so hopefully will have it soon. i have an original to compare it to and will post some video of both.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I ordered 6 days ago.. so hopefully will have it soon. i have an original to compare it to and will post some video of both.

Same here (ordered 6 days ago). I was told they are now shipping (delayed because they didnt have the correct box size). I will post some videos too when it shows up.

#120 10 years ago

I was waiting to here feedback about them before I ordered one.

#121 10 years ago

Mine arrive Thursday - if no one gets a vid up yet - I'll post

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

How about some early impressions? Good, bad, indifferent???

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

awesome. that means mine should be here this week sometime.

#124 10 years ago

It's not Thursday yet, so I don't have anything to look at.

#125 10 years ago

I misread it as you received it on Thursday....one of these days I will learn to read.

#127 10 years ago

Just noticed I put "arrive" instead of arrives. Sorry about that!

#128 10 years ago

No video yet.....still have some restoration to do before firing the machine up. Here is a quick picture of old versus new.

WH20_Topper.JPGWH20_Topper.JPG

#129 10 years ago

We have noticed that the distance between the topper and lights seem to play a great deal on how the waterfall effect works. Also when we inserted a washer between the topper and backbox it changed also.

I think that the foil micro-embossing may be too fine which is causing this. Luckily if this is the case we can fix this on the next run which is on stand by as we speak.

#130 10 years ago

Mine arrived today and I don't see the same cascading water illusion like the original has.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Mine arrived today and I don't see the same cascading water illusion like the original has.

It sounds like the repro may not quite be ready fro prime time yet.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

That's too bad, I'm glad I haven't sold my original yet. Hopefully they can get the issues worked out in future runs.

#133 10 years ago

So.....does this mean early adopters are out of luck if a new and improved version is released?

#134 10 years ago

I hope I don't regret ordering one. I am hoping it is a great product and I spent my money well. If not, I hope they will make it right.

Brian

#135 10 years ago

i agree with brian. the waterfall effect is what makes this topper. if i didn't want that then i would have bought one of the repo ones.

hope this works out for us early buyers.

#136 10 years ago

Yep, I will be returning mine if it doesn't live up to expectations.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Bummer, this is why I wanted to see one at PAGG.
I guess I will just stick with my original for now.

#138 10 years ago

I second that Tracelifter, need to see it in action.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

So.....does this mean early adopters are out of luck if a new and improved version is released?

We stand behind everything we sell. We will gladly exchange out the toppers at no cost for anybody who wishes when we get our next run done in 2 weeks. We currently are making a new die for the embossing that will allow for it to be much deeper.

Should anybody wish to return it that is fine also.

#140 10 years ago

I will volunteer for a beta test panel to tweak it. I will even wear my "ITD" hat.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Out-West:

I will volunteer for a beta test panel to tweak it.

You can adjust the topper by "shimming" with a small flat washer and that makes a huge difference.

But we want to have a product that does not require any "modification" to recreate the original effect. That is why a new die will eliminate the current issue.

#142 10 years ago

I was afraid something might be amiss, which is why I didn't order.

With the difficulties that Phoenix Arcade and Bay Area Amusements had in their quest of making an accurate reproduction (which never happened -- despite all of the time and effort invested), I suspected this wasn't going to quite be the repro we were all looking for.

I hope version 2 gets closer. Good luck!

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I was afraid something might be amiss, which is why I didn't order.

With the difficulties that Phoenix Arcade and Bay Area Amusements had in their quest of making an accurate reproduction (which never happened -- despite all of the time and effort invested), I suspected this wasn't going to quite be the repro we were all looking for.

I hope version 2 gets closer. Good luck!

Yes this has been a difficult project but we won't stop until we get it right and every customer is satisfied with their purchase!!

#144 10 years ago

Thanks for standing by your product. I'm still willing to be an early buyer, just want something worth buying.

Scott

#145 10 years ago

Sounds good Travis....waiting patiently!

#146 10 years ago

Time to judge for yourselves

original:

repro:

Scott

#147 10 years ago

Sorry, post text came out weird -

first vid is original - second vid is repro.

#148 10 years ago

Thanks for the video, looks like time to go back to the drawing board for sure.

#149 10 years ago

Glad I did not order yet.

PLEASE keep on working on this! As soon as it works like the original, I am in!

#150 10 years ago

I will still support this effort - I'm in when it gets better

Scott

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.