Topic Stats

• 847 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180203_134032 (resized).jpg
20180203_133705 (resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
3fdc_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
shame.jpeg
image.jpg
image-395.jpg
giphy[1].gif
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
PopcornSmilee.jpg

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
#601 4 years ago

This thread was started 2 years ago. Nothing has been produced as far as I know.

I'd say the thread is dead.

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

This thread was started 2 years ago. Nothing has been produced as far as I know.

Some were produced, but the effect was minimal at best. Since then sporadic updates here (and on the BAA site) mentioned issues and then finally the effect work, but there was an issue with the glue. An ETA of the 1st quarter was given. Then nothing.

As much as I hate to say it, I think it is dead. Which is too bad, as it really is a needed part.

#603 4 years ago

Has anyone asked Rick (pps) about an update? He has twist pins on his site as a licensed remaker of parts...

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Then let Twisted Pins say that. They took many orders for this topper and shipped out non-working versions of the topper (waterfall effect didn't work). TP has refunded money to several customers who have asked. I didn't ask early on as I still wanted to support their topper effort and TP assured its customers that they were working the bugs out of the topper and were confident that the waterfall effect would be corrected.

Well, about 2-3 months ago I asked for an update on this topper or a refund and have also emailed TP directly and left voice messages at their office. TP is no longer responding to any correspondence regarding this topper which is why this thread won't die.

Gord

#605 4 years ago

Obviously Tp isn't responding to this annoying over-bumped posting.

Just let it die. If they eventually produce this topper, they'll let people know.

By continuing to bump this thread does nothing but make people get slightly excited by thinking there is a magical announcement, when in reality we all know there isn't.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Obviously Tp isn't responding to this annoying over-bumped posting.
Just let it die. If they eventually produce this topper, they'll let people know.
By continuing to bump this thread does nothing but make people get slightly excited by thinking there is a magical announcement, when in reality we all know there isn't.

If this thread bothers you then ignore it. I have an interest in it and will continue to bump it as I see fit.

#607 4 years ago

No need to sugar coat this making of a WH20 topper and expect it is being made. It is obvious it is not going to happen. If they cannot tell anybody what is going on, than they have stolen $$$$$$ from those who put $$$$$$ down, plain and simple. It has fallen on deaf ears.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

If this thread bothers you then ignore it. I have an interest in it and will continue to bump it as I see fit.

Oh.. ok there bud.

Keep bumping it and getting everyone's excitement up when they see a new posting to this thread. That makes sense.

Bug TP directly. Might make more sense as they're OBVIOUSLY not responding here.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

TP is no longer responding to any correspondence regarding this topper which is why this thread won't die.

Give him a call, leave a voicemail stating you're interested in buying an MMR, and when he calls back hit him with the topper questions.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Oh.. ok there bud.
Keep bumping it and getting everyone's excitement up when they see a new posting to this thread. That makes sense.
Bug TP directly. Might make more sense as they're OBVIOUSLY not responding here.

I have been bugging him directly for almost 3 months via email and telephone and he has not responded. That was mentioned in a previous posting by me in this thread.

That is why I have brought it here. Sure, he may continue to ignore it, but who knows, this thread may get his attention.

People are pretty smart. They can choose to either read or ignore this thread. If this thread doesn't interest you then ignore it. It is really pretty simple.

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Give him a call, leave a voicemail stating you're interested in buying an MMR, and when he calls back hit him with the topper questions.

Actually that may have worked prior to me leaving him a VM about the topper. I will wait another month or so and then try that.

Thanks.

Gord

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I have been bugging him directly for almost 3 months via email and telephone and he has not responded. That was mentioned in a previous posting by me in this thread.
That is why I have brought it here. Sure, he may continue to ignore it, but who knows, this thread may get his attention.
People are pretty smart. They can choose to either read or ignore this thread. If this thread doesn't interest you then ignore it. It is really pretty simple.

You're right. People are pretty smart. They can continue to bump a thread for no reason. Everytime I see a new posting here, I think.. "hmm, is it finally being released?!!" but it's just another nothing post. It's been going on for 2 years now.

Why don't you just keep bugging them directly, THEN when you make progress, which I doubt you will, post a new thread. You'll get less people's hopes up falsely that way.

#613 4 years ago

It's funny to read all the posts on the first page giving big props for "bringing this to market" when it never was.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You're right. People are pretty smart. They can continue to bump a thread for no reason. Everytime I see a new posting here, I think.. "hmm, is it finally being released?!!" but it's just another nothing post. It's been going on for 2 years now.
Why don't you just keep bugging them directly, THEN when you make progress, which I doubt you will, post a new thread. You'll get less people's hopes up falsely that way.

I agree that progress is unlikely at this point. I WILL continue to reach out to TP privately and I will post my findings here in the unlikely event that TP responds.

I really think that people are capable of reading bumps to this thread without getting their hopes up. All they have to do is look at the content of the post and read it and then they can decide for themselves if they should get their hopes up based upon the content of the postings.

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's funny to read all the posts on the first page giving big props for "bringing this to market" when it never was.

Hi Rob,

You are correct. This part has been in such demand and unavailable for so many years that people got really excited when it was first announced that this part was being reproduced. As everyone now knows there is a reason that this part wasn't ever reproduced and it still continues to be very difficult to reproduce correctly with the full waterfall effect.

Gord

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Mine arrived today and I don't see the same cascading water illusion like the original has.

Quoted from RobT:

Technically he did bring one to the market that didn't work.

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Oh.. ok there bud.

Having a mod close and lock this thread is just sweeping it under the rug. To the extent people paid money and haven’t been refunded, others need to know about that. Keeping the thread active may prevent others from sending in money and suffering a similar fate.

Also, keeping the thread active shows that there is interest in the repro. I have seen multiple occasions where one person tanks a project and then somebody else finds out about it, makes it happen, and the project actually gets completed. This would never happen if a mod locked down the thread.

Also, it's unlikely, but keeping the thread active may put some pressure on Twisted Pins to finish this out. Public opinion does matter to many people, especially if they ever have any intention of doing business in the future.

Artificially cutting off discussion on a message board is just a bizarre thing anyway. If people are still posting then the thread obviously isn't dead. Nobody is making threats or doing anything destructive. There's absolutely no reason to force discussion to stop.

#618 4 years ago

From Pavlov Pinball, published 22 May 2015:
"When Pavlov Pinball contacted the company a few days ago boss Travis Brawley said that a new, working batch were ready and would be available by the end of May 2015. To date his predictions about the availability of the toppers have not been entirely accurate so when/if they become available remains to be seen."

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Technically he did bring one to the market that didn't work.

but wouldnt they have like, tested it before releasing to customers? i mean, really ...

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

at least respond and let us know that the project is dead/still alive and we will quit beating this dead horse

Quoted from gcp:

The horse is definitely, definitely not dead and rotting.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

We're beating a very dead horse here.

Schrödinger's Horse.

#621 4 years ago

I appreciate the bumps on this thread. I was one of the 1st to order this topper and am still hoping and waiting for the fix. If you don't like the thread, drain it. I do that all the time on topics I am not interested in.

B

#624 4 years ago

bump of shame.

#625 4 years ago

Hasn't anybody bropped by into there shop and spoke directly to him regarding the Topper?

#626 4 years ago

If anyone has not received a refund what are you waiting for? Put a fork in er.. shes done.

#627 4 years ago

There hasn't been any updates on the PP forums either. Has anyone emailed Rick to see if he could get some info?

#628 4 years ago

As a new Whitewater owner, I find myself needing a topper. Anyone has one for sale?
i don't want to rely on this reproduction being made until I see it shipping.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

If anyone has not received a refund what are you waiting for? Put a fork in er.. shes done.

Have tried, but never replies!

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Have tried, but never replies!

Ditto, I am in the same boat as you. Honestly, I would be shocked if we hear anything else from TP on this topper.

Gord

#631 4 years ago

Still says quarter 1 2015 on the website. What a con.

#632 4 years ago

Your kicking a dead horse, even if they make it right i would not buy one from them. Not telling people whats up, is bad for business.

#633 4 years ago

do they even respond to their sales email address ?

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

do they even respond to their sales email address ?

Not on this topic.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Not telling people whats up, is bad for business.

+1 totally.

communication...

#636 4 years ago

Sons a bitches.

#637 4 years ago

Hmm they seem to be alive on facebook tho.
maybe we should all ask there?

#638 4 years ago

#wheresthetopper

#639 4 years ago

Those Sumbitch ....

summmmmbitch!

1 month later
#640 4 years ago

Bump for the Sumbitches

#641 4 years ago

If anybody needs one I have a new one that does not have the foil. It is a great one for somebody that does not have a topper at all. Looks original it just won't give you the waterfall effect.

#642 4 years ago

shame.jpeg

#643 4 years ago

Can we kill this thread? I get excited every time it gets bumped. Bummer

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Can we kill this thread? I get excited every time it gets bumped. Bummer

Already tried to kill it. It ain't happenin'!

3 weeks later
#646 3 years ago

So I remember looking forward to getting to Expo 2013 hoping to pick up a repro topper from the Twisted Pins stand. Not ready yet. Then I figured I would be able to get one at Expo 2014. Not ready yet. Expo 2015 is coming up in a few weeks and... well, it's not going to happen is it. Sigh....

#647 3 years ago

I don't have a horse in this race because I'm lucky to have a working original topper, but jeez... can't the guy that runs Twisted Pins come in here and give an update, or just be honest and tell us that top secret alien technology was used to make the original White Water topper, and that it can't be duplicated by our best human scientists, and that we should all give up waiting? This is ridiculous.

#648 3 years ago

Or refund us like he said.

#649 3 years ago

I'm sure the money is gone and he finds it easier to ignore the issue. I'm not expecting this to ever get completed or refunded anymore.

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I'm sure the money is gone and he finds it easier to ignore the issue. I'm not expecting this to ever get completed or refunded anymore.

Agreed, if TP has a stand at Expo 2015 it might be worth it for someone in attendance to pay his booth a visit and ask for an update. At this point I too believe that this horse is dead.

Gord

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside