Topic Stats

• 847 posts
  • 198 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180203_134032 (resized).jpg
20180203_133705 (resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
3fdc_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
PPS_(resized).jpg
shame.jpeg
image.jpg
image-395.jpg
giphy[1].gif
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
PopcornSmilee.jpg

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Has anyone purchased and installed the decal that goes over the original waterfall with the cutout for the foil?
I have it and now thinking about installing it is giving me the willies.

A buddy of mine did his and it came out well. I also have a friend who did the touch up with sharpies and it came out really well.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Took me three days to face my fears on that install. In the end, it came out quite well.

So what did you do? Do tell! I was thinking of starting from top and then peeling down like you would installing a head decal but all the crazy shapes are freaking me out.

I would think you would not start from the left or right as it would be harder to keep straight.

#503 4 years ago

Honestly, I don't exactly remember how I did it (over a year ago). I just remember spending a lot of time getting it aligned and initially stuck to the bottom. Once it looked right, I just went for it. Is it absolutely perfect....nope. However, it is awfully darn close. Good Luck!

#504 4 years ago

Bump for the crickets!

#505 4 years ago

Try again

#506 4 years ago

This seems like boy cried wolf to me. I'm having a hard time believing the foil part of the topper is corrected but now there are adhesive issues? Do people really believe this? If I was buying one I'd say ship it to me and I'll take care of it. I'm sure a company called 3M has a product that works fine. This is not going to happen, I'm sorry.

#507 4 years ago

I wonder if I pay for a topper if Travis will dick me around like his Stencils ! Good Luck with That!

#508 4 years ago

I hope it happens... I really need to replace mine. It was stolen right off my game (topper falls and dome too).

Kerry

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I also have a friend who did the touch up with sharpies and it came out really well.

Any chance that guy might remember which specific colors of Sharpies he used?

2 weeks later
#510 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I hope it happens... I really need to replace mine. It was stolen right off my game (topper falls and dome too).
Kerry

That's just plain wrong. Who steals a topper? FFS.

#511 4 years ago

Bump again

Come on, We believed in you, you have had our money now for 18months.
I think you should at least post here with updates!

#512 4 years ago

maybe the plan is to play dead and then everyone will forget the project ever commenced. shhhh.

#513 4 years ago

Come on, We believed in you, you have had our money now for 18months.
I think you should at least post here with updates!

Ditto!!!

#514 4 years ago

Ummmm, has anyone tried calling him?

1 week later
#515 4 years ago

Hmm wonder if were getting interest on this purchase?

#516 4 years ago

So glad mine came with a topper

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

So glad mine came with a topper

So did mine, But I sold mine when this was sent in the mail.
Wish I had of waited untill I heard about the problems and no Videos.
Owell

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from Hatska1:

maybe the plan is to play dead and then everyone will forget the project ever commenced. shhhh.

The usual modus operandi for pinball manufacturers on Pinside ...

A/ come on Pinside and announce your great new machine/part

B/ take the money

C/ disappear and become hard to reach by any means.

We've seen it time and time again.

Lucky it's only a couple of hundred bucks ... If I'd been silly enough to prepay for a pinball machine and got the run around like this, I'd be on a plane to sort it out.

rd.

#519 4 years ago

Wow, I just looked at the first post and the reproduction topper was announced a year and a half ago; I didn't realize this project has dragged on for so long. I hope he is on the home stretch because I could sure use one.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The usual modus operandi for pinball manufacturers on Pinside ...
A/ come on Pinside and announce your great new machine/part
B/ take the money
C/ disappear and become hard to reach by any means.
We've seen it time and time again.
Lucky it's only a couple of hundred bucks ... If I'd been silly enough to prepay for a pinball machine and got the run around like this, I'd be on a plane to sort it out.
rd.

I'm completely new around here, but have to say, you seem to be spot on from what I've read. The community here is awesome, but I'm surprised at how many vendors I see blatantly taking advantage of people.

It's a little disheartening to see such a passionate community get the shaft by their vendors.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm completely new around here, but have to say, you seem to be spot on from what I've read. The community here is awesome, but I'm surprised at how many vendors I see blatantly taking advantage of people.
It's a little disheartening to see such a passionate community get the shaft by their vendors.

A fool and his money are soon parted

#522 4 years ago

They are more likely to update on the PPS forum...That was announced a few couple of months ago. Last I read it was in the home stretch, but haven't heard anything in a while.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

They are more likely to update on the PPS forum...That was announced a few couple of months ago. Last I read it was in the home stretch, but haven't heard anything in a while.

I just checked on the PPS forum and the last update on this project from Twisted Pins is on Oct. 6, 2014.

Gord

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I just checked on the PPS forum and the last update on this project from Twisted Pins is on Oct. 6, 2014.
Gord

Thanks Gord.

#525 4 years ago

Has anyone received a reply to an email?
I have sent 3 without a reply!
Thinking that this will be my first and last purchase from Twistedpins.

#527 4 years ago

I'm out, sold my WH2O actually.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Has anyone received a reply to an email?
I have sent 3 without a reply!
Thinking that this will be my first and last purchase from Twistedpins.

I had the same issue with him last year. sent him a part that he claimed that he would be able to reproduce. no replies (both phone and emails) for close to 5 months. I finally told him to send me back my original part (which I finally received about 6 months later).

I'm not saying that he's a bad guy because I understand that some of these projects are like icebergs, and you don't realize what you're getting into. and the further along you get, the more problems that seem to arise, setting you further behind.

however, in any type of business you definitely need some level of transparency and need to proactively communicate to your customers. secondly, you shouldn't EVER (and I can't stress this enough) take deposits for projects that are not complete. as I've found in this business, there are just too many unknowns. repeatedly missing deadlines that you, yourself have set will eventually come back to bite you in the rear.

2 weeks later
#529 4 years ago

The Twisted Pins website has the following for the WH2O topper project.

THESE WILL BE RELEASED IN THE 1ST QUARTER OF 2015

http://www.twistedpins.com/products/parts/whitewater_topper/?ProductID=72

Gord

#530 4 years ago

Great news! Need one to complete my high end restoration.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The Twisted Pins website has the following for the WH2O topper project.
THESE WILL BE RELEASED IN THE 1ST QUARTER OF 2015

Well, if it's written on their site, it must be true....waiting for video or positive feedback....hoping for the best.

#532 4 years ago

Maybe Santa's elves are scheduled to work on the project once they complete their Christmas duties.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from Hatska1:

Maybe Santa's elves are scheduled to work on the project once they complete their Christmas duties.

I don't even think Santa's elves could help twisted pins get it right.

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I don't even think Santa's elves could help twisted pins get it right.

Twisted pins has gotten further than any other group that has attempted to repro the topper. Obviously there has been issues, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Twisted pins has gotten further than any other group that has attempted to repro the topper. Obviously there has been issues, but I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

This type of attitude is why the pre-pay crap still takes place. Twice on this page alone, its been said... you don't come out and ask for money, take said money, fail to produce and then disappear.

How about a good business model...... create the product, produce valid pictures AND VIDEO and then collect the $$.

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

This type of attitude is why the pre-pay crap still takes place. Twice on this page alone, its been said... you don't come out and ask for money, take said money, fail to produce and then disappear.
How about a good business model...... create the product, produce valid pictures AND VIDEO and then collect the $$.

No kidding. I don't understand how people sleep at night with people's money and nothing to show for it. Announce the product when it's done and take orders. It's not exactly rocket science. These things are marked up way beyond their production costs. And I'm fine with that. It's the reward for the work. You don't get to collect it until you've put that work in though.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No kidding. I don't understand how people sleep at night with people's money and nothing to show for it. Announce the product when it's done and take orders. It's not exactly rocket science. These things are marked up way beyond their production costs. And I'm fine with that. It's the reward for the work. You don't get to collect it until you've put that work in though.

I requested a refund and received it after jumping through some hoops. I can't believe that a full refund wasn't automatically sent to all orders as soon as they knew a delay was going to be greater than 90 days. How long as it been, over a year? Can you imagine any other company taking your money without any restock estimates?

I'll bet a week's pay TP sure as hell didn't book it as unearned revenue on the liability side of their balance sheet and put the funds into any third party escrow account.

I do wish them the best and the way they launched the Taxi spinout ramp was supurb.

1) It's coming
2) Est. day of launch
3) On site when ready to ship
4) Made payment
5) Recd. ramp in 5 days

Could not have been done better.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Sorry I look on the bright side of things. My comment has nothing to do with pre orders, nor do I agree with the idea. Thank you for sticking words in my mouth I didn't say. Much appreciated.

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I requested a refund and received it after jumping through some hoops. I can't believe that a full refund wasn't automatically sent to all orders as soon as they knew a delay was going to be greater than 90 days. How long as it been, over a year? Can you imagine any other company taking your money without any restock estimates?
I'll bet a week's pay TP sure as hell didn't book it as unearned revenue on the liability side of their balance sheet and put the funds into any third party escrow account.

couldn't have said it better !

#540 4 years ago

I have emailed a few times, and have never had a return email from them.
I had better get my swapped over topper from them when released!
Have had to wait nearly 1.5 years for this.

Tho a little update from Twistedpins here and there might not have gone a stray from them over the past months would have been great .

#541 4 years ago

I have left messages (phone) and emails un-answered. I purchased a blue Taxi spin out ramp in July (charged to my credit card 5 months ago). Travis emailed me back then saying he was going to ship both (Taxi ramp & WH20 fallers topper) at the same time. I've rec'vd nothing!

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I have left messages (phone) and emails un-answered. I purchased a blue Taxi spin out ramp in July (charged to my credit card 5 months ago). Travis emailed me back then saying he was going to ship both (Taxi ramp & WH20 fallers topper) at the same time. I've rec'vd nothing!

Taking your account on face value, that's virtually scam-type behaviour by TP.
Very poor form.

#543 4 years ago

I spoke to Travis a few months ago, he told me that the pinball business wasn't making him any money and that he was taking a break to focus on his other job (car sales or something) he seemed burned out on it. I'm worried too because he owes me a f14 playfield.

#544 4 years ago

That should be setting off some alarm bells.

#545 4 years ago

I hope people have reported him to the BBB and also to PPS (since they are the licensee). That is horrible business!

#546 4 years ago

So much for TP to get into the ramp business.

#547 4 years ago

I for one am still behind these guys to get it done. Was I in with money at first? Yes, I bought 3. Did it work? No - I posted the vids of it not working. Did I return them and ask for a refund? Yes - Did I get the refund - yes!

For those that waited - you took your own risk - I pulled my money as soon as I found out the product was faulty - and I will still buy some if they produce a good product.

2 weeks later
#548 4 years ago

Update... I called again and got thru to Travis this morning. He apologized and said he's been very busy with stencils, as many pinheads are re-doing their cabinets in the winter months.

He thinks the White Water toppers will be done in 2-3 months. I paid for a Taxi Spin Out ramp 6 months ago which he/we agreed would ship with WH20 topper back then. He said he'll ship it (Taxi ramp) tomorrow.

So, hopefully I get the Taxi ramp soon and I'll just wait to see what materializes with topper.

Kerry

#549 4 years ago

Busy with stencils? why can he finish the product that I paid for 20 months ago first? I have already heard the "it will be ready in 2 or 3 months" 5 or 6 months ago.

4 weeks later
#550 4 years ago

Any news here????

There are 847 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside