(Topic ID: 89444)

Announce: Twisted Pins to enter the Ramp Arena!

By TwistedPins

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

twisted.jpg
IMG_1741.JPG
johnny_mnemonic-bg.jpg
FWS.jpg
YSGMTU.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 2.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twistedpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Twisted Pins to enter the Ramp Arena! Let us know what you need!

Twisted Pins is expanding our vacuum-formed business with some key relationships to release a lot of new ramps and cover any gaps on existing ramps … please let us know the ramps you need! We have entered into a joint venture with a ramp tool manufacturer and will be working on many new exciting ramp projects. In addition we have an agreement with Planetary Pinball to provide decals and original blueprints to insure ramps are made to original spec. We have already produced the Wh2O/FT topper domes, Doctor Who Time Expander cover and have many more items on the way. We also are currently producing the Taxi spinout ramp and are expecting final samples within the next week before moving forward with production. Below are a few pictures of the injection mold for the Taxi spinout ramp while being cut on the CNC machine.

We want to focus on providing the ramps that haven't been done before and also rapidly speed up the # of ramps/year, as well if there are any gaps we can also tool any of the common ramps if they become difficult to find or unavailable with a short lead time due to our partnering with a tooling supplier.

We want to keep an active list of key ramps that are important for you and look forward to helping bring more product to the pinball community!!!

Twisted Pins

Taxi Spin Out 1.jpgTaxi Spin Out 1.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 2.jpgTaxi Spin Out 2.jpg

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

So sweet!!! Just finished up my taxi restore for Allentown! Spinout was the only thing I couldn't replace. What's the price on the spinout going to be and how long before shipping? Few weeks or a couple months?

-Jim

Jim

We don't have the pricing finalized yet on the ramp but we are going to keep it as low as possible. Taxi has a special place in my collection as it was my first game and I want everybody to be able to upgrade their busted ramp with a brand new one!

As for shipping that will depend on the sample we receive. If it bolts in perfectly and there are no issues it would be about a month or so before we expect to ship them. The mold was made using the original blueprints from Williams so we don't expect any major issues.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I just picked up new ramps from pinballspareparts.com if your looking.

We do have 2 sets of the ramps for Johnny Mnemonic that were produced by Pinball Spare Parts Australia. We got these from them at Expo last year. You can purchase them using this link.

http://www.twistedpins.com/products/parts/ramps/?ProductID=414

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Yes but does that mean they'll actually be "making" them? Or just selling the 2 sets they have?

Right now we just have the 2 sets for sale as they were part of a bulk buy.

But these we will make at some point and they will come complete with hardware and decals.

#101 9 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far! We have created a spreadsheet with every game that has plastic ramps in it and are keeping track of all the requests received.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

When is the expected update for what games are next on the list?

At this time we aren't going to release a list with the order. What I can tell you is that we already have molds complete for 2 games and work is underway on another 2 games. 1 of the games we have the molds done for has never been available. The other game was available before but is no longer available.

#131 9 years ago

I'm going to faint and give you my next born child if this is what I think it is.

I can tell you that it isn't any of the four that it shows in your collection. BUT one of your games is next in line for the 3D drawings to get done so we can start on the mold.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

No need to make the HS ramp, I'm sure your aware Freeplay40 has made clear ones.

This isn't on our list at all. All of our ramps will be made like the factory original ones. So if it was black, yellow, red etc.. from the factory that is what we are going to do.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

ARRRGH!!! Forgot my password--why must I create an account or even have one?! I hate that PITA stuff. Can't I just buy a stencil with Paypal and forget the rigamarole?

We have accounts so it is easier to look up a customers order history etc... Our shopping cart isn't set up to accept Paypal but we do have most of our stencils on Ebay where you can use Paypal. If you are looking for a particular stencil that isn't on Ebay let me know and I will get it up for you.

Quoted from TZBen:

WHO dunnit 3 way ramp please

We are aware of the high demand for this ramp and it is on the list to do. This is an injection molded ramp and not vacuum formed like the majority of the ramps.

How long from 3D drawing to sale?

I wish I had a concrete answer for you. There are many variables that are out of our control. We have to work with other vendors time schedules to acquire the remaining pieces for the ramps to be complete such as decals and metal flaps/switch brackets. But our ultimate goal is 3 months from completion of drawings to release for consumers.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

Gottlieb Genesis???

No that is not the game. But I am well aware of how bad these ramps are needed and we will do these for sure.

2 weeks later
#165 9 years ago

Where will updates on ramps being made be placed? How regularly will we be updated? Thanks!

Most updates will be via our Facebook page although we will post here when a new product is complete and ready for sale.

As for the list of ramps our tooling manufacture is currently working on several tools. We also have two different ramps that the tools are complete and the ramps are in various stages of production. At this time we are not going to post a list to help keep down the number of inquires to status completion. While I know this doesn't make some people happy if we run into any delays for example getting in the switch brackets or flaps from our metal vendor then people won't be upset as they didn't know that ramp was close to release.

2 weeks later
#187 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So what happened to Twistedpins? the site is gone.... Out of business already?

You must have some bad internet. Site is up and working fine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twistedpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-twisted-pins-to-enter-the-ramp-arena?tu=twistedpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.