(Topic ID: 89444)

Announce: Twisted Pins to enter the Ramp Arena!

By TwistedPins

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

twisted.jpg
IMG_1741.JPG
johnny_mnemonic-bg.jpg
FWS.jpg
YSGMTU.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 2.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 1.jpg
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 9 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far! We have created a spreadsheet with every game that has plastic ramps in it and are keeping track of all the requests received.

#102 9 years ago

If Pinball Inc isn't able to do BSD before they stop making ramps, BSD is a great option.

#103 9 years ago

Genesis ramps would be great!! Every set i have ever seen are both cracked terribly! I would like to see them redone is clear because it would open up the playfield and show artwork! There are so many people looking for them!

#104 9 years ago

Who Dunnit spin wheels
Mousin' Around ramps

#105 9 years ago

Don't really care which specific ramps you are making but I am sooo glad you stepped up to take on the task.
Its' people like you that keep the idiots like me restoring pins, losing money, friends and my sanity.
(Well, maybe I care a little, love to see some Genesis ramps also). The game does not get enough love!!!

Thanks again guys!!
Brian

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

whitewater foil reproduction please...

Exactly, how about finishing one project first.

#107 9 years ago

+4 wwf

#108 9 years ago

Another one for the Banzai ramp on wwf...

#110 9 years ago

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ramp please!!!

#111 9 years ago

I would buy Genesis and I don't even own the game yet.

#112 9 years ago

Earthshaker SUBWAY RAMP! Mine is more glue than ramp.

#113 9 years ago

Another vote for both Genesis ramps and WWF Royal Rumble!

#114 9 years ago

"Center" ramp on GoldenEye, almost always cracked as the entrance is small - the ramp directly to the right of the left-most "satellite ramp."

#115 9 years ago

WWF clear plastic ramp. Us owners having been DYING for this!!! Please #545-5438-00, I beg! I'll buy a few from you ASAP!

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiz:

We need Police Force center ramps!

YES! Will pay in blood if needed!

#117 9 years ago

SEE!

And....

Quoted from TheKreator:

Another vote for both Genesis ramps and WWF Royal Rumble!

Oh my heart is fluttering that this might be a possibility!

#118 9 years ago

Any chance you will have the taxi ramp at Pin A-go-go next weekend?

#120 9 years ago

Also Bad Cats. Need a new fishbowl BAD!

On a side note, almost every Bad Cats I've seen, mine included, the fishbowl sticker is always hanging off the ramp. Was that intentional/common?

#121 9 years ago

Oh nice ramp !

EATPM

#122 9 years ago

The ball apron cover on late Gottlieb System 3 machines (Mario Bros, Street Fighter II, Cue Ball Wizard, etc) are always cracked and broken. My Super Mario Bros is no exception, and I would LOVE to have a replacement ball apron.

#123 9 years ago

Demo Man if pinballinc doesn't do them.

#124 9 years ago

Dr dude
Tmnt
Roadshow

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Dr dude
Tmnt
roadshow

Roadshow is being done by James before he stops making ramps.

#126 9 years ago

When is the expected update for what games are next on the list?

#127 9 years ago

Demolition Man. I can't fix my ramp flaps because my ramps are cracked where the rivets would go.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

When is the expected update for what games are next on the list?

At this time we aren't going to release a list with the order. What I can tell you is that we already have molds complete for 2 games and work is underway on another 2 games. 1 of the games we have the molds done for has never been available. The other game was available before but is no longer available.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

The other game was available before but is no longer available.

I'm going to faint and give you my next born child if this is what I think it is.

#130 9 years ago

No need to make the HS ramp, I'm sure your aware Freeplay40 has made clear ones.

#131 9 years ago

I'm going to faint and give you my next born child if this is what I think it is.

I can tell you that it isn't any of the four that it shows in your collection. BUT one of your games is next in line for the 3D drawings to get done so we can start on the mold.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

No need to make the HS ramp, I'm sure your aware Freeplay40 has made clear ones.

This isn't on our list at all. All of our ramps will be made like the factory original ones. So if it was black, yellow, red etc.. from the factory that is what we are going to do.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

I can tell you that it isn't any of the four that it shows in your collection. BUT one of your games is next in line for the 3D drawings to get done so we can start on the mold.

Well being that only one has a true plastic ramp and that the demand is high for it, I know it's gotta be WWF!!! How long from 3D drawing to sale? This is the one thing that will either make or break me doing a total high end restore on it, plus like I said, I'd buy quite a few.

#133 9 years ago

Congratulations Travis, I wish you the best of luck. So glad you're making the spinout ramp!! That will help our Taxi ramps sellout quicker. It's too bad you couldn't use the original spinout tooling but since there's a court order making it impossible for anyone to use it, making your own tooling was a wise choice.

For those interested, Travis is well aware of the last 6 projects we're going to do before I ride off into the sunset and as he stated he isn't going to make duplicate ramps, just ones that are needed he's agreed not to make these unless we bail out on them. In case anyone missed our list here it is:

EATPM
WCS
RS
BSD
BC (Bad Cats)
Hurricane may come into play from another party with our help.

The Cyclone Ferris Wheel exit ramp is not on the list but as we stated before that is because it was started along with the other Cyclone ramps we finished.

The Police Force center ramp restocking has been in the works before our announcement so it will be completed along with a few other "restocking" ramps.

Again Travis, best of luck! As I told you a while back, if you need any help just ask.

Cheers,
James

#136 9 years ago

ARRRGH!!! Forgot my password--why must I create an account or even have one?! I hate that PITA stuff. Can't I just buy a stencil with Paypal and forget the rigamarole?

#137 9 years ago

Who dunnit 3 way ramp please

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

ARRRGH!!! Forgot my password--why must I create an account or even have one?! I hate that PITA stuff. Can't I just buy a stencil with Paypal and forget the rigamarole?

We have accounts so it is easier to look up a customers order history etc... Our shopping cart isn't set up to accept Paypal but we do have most of our stencils on Ebay where you can use Paypal. If you are looking for a particular stencil that isn't on Ebay let me know and I will get it up for you.

Quoted from TZBen:

WHO dunnit 3 way ramp please

We are aware of the high demand for this ramp and it is on the list to do. This is an injection molded ramp and not vacuum formed like the majority of the ramps.

How long from 3D drawing to sale?

I wish I had a concrete answer for you. There are many variables that are out of our control. We have to work with other vendors time schedules to acquire the remaining pieces for the ramps to be complete such as decals and metal flaps/switch brackets. But our ultimate goal is 3 months from completion of drawings to release for consumers.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Rollergames! I don't think I have ever seen one without a blasted out ramp.

Amen, They are sorely needed and critical to game working. Rollergames, Rollergames, Rollergames!!

#140 9 years ago

WWF clear plastic ramp. Us owners having been DYING for this!!! Please #545-5438-00, I beg! I'll buy a few from you ASAP!

Definitely WWFRR left plastic ramp PLEASE!!

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

It's too bad you couldn't use the original spinout tooling but since there's a court order making it impossible for anyone to use it, making your own tooling was a wise choice.

James

Whats the story behind this?

#142 9 years ago

Capcom Airborne please...

#143 9 years ago

Another vote for Party Zone from me. Those two flimsy ramps demonstrate fun physics but are so frequently broke. Anyone who saw my PZ in my booth at Allentown knows mine are held together by tape. I am willing to loan my broken ones if it helps create the molds.

-Rob

#144 9 years ago

Another vote for Time Machine!

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Whats the story behind this?

There is no way I'll make a post that lengthy! You'll have to wait for the book, which is indeed already in the works.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Another vote for Party Zone from me. Those two flimsy ramps demonstrate fun physics but are so frequently broke. Anyone who saw my PZ in my booth at Allentown knows mine are held together by tape. I am willing to loan my broken ones if it helps create the molds.
-Rob

I also would vote for Party Zone!

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

1 of the games we have the molds done for has never been available

Gottlieb Genesis???

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

Gottlieb Genesis???

No that is not the game. But I am well aware of how bad these ramps are needed and we will do these for sure.

#150 9 years ago

I didn't read this entire thread, but are you going to continue the Pinball Inc ramps once they exit the business this fall? Not sure if their tooling can be used, but they did make a lot of the popular ramps. Just curious...

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-twisted-pins-to-enter-the-ramp-arena/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.