(Topic ID: 89444)

Announce: Twisted Pins to enter the Ramp Arena!

By TwistedPins

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Themessenger
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twisted.jpg
IMG_1741.JPG
johnny_mnemonic-bg.jpg
FWS.jpg
YSGMTU.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 2.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 1.jpg

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

Twisted Pins to enter the Ramp Arena! Let us know what you need!

Twisted Pins is expanding our vacuum-formed business with some key relationships to release a lot of new ramps and cover any gaps on existing ramps … please let us know the ramps you need! We have entered into a joint venture with a ramp tool manufacturer and will be working on many new exciting ramp projects. In addition we have an agreement with Planetary Pinball to provide decals and original blueprints to insure ramps are made to original spec. We have already produced the Wh2O/FT topper domes, Doctor Who Time Expander cover and have many more items on the way. We also are currently producing the Taxi spinout ramp and are expecting final samples within the next week before moving forward with production. Below are a few pictures of the injection mold for the Taxi spinout ramp while being cut on the CNC machine.

We want to focus on providing the ramps that haven't been done before and also rapidly speed up the # of ramps/year, as well if there are any gaps we can also tool any of the common ramps if they become difficult to find or unavailable with a short lead time due to our partnering with a tooling supplier.

We want to keep an active list of key ramps that are important for you and look forward to helping bring more product to the pinball community!!!

Twisted Pins

Taxi Spin Out 1.jpg
Taxi Spin Out 2.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Your site is bookmarked . Good show !!

#3 5 years ago

So sweet!!! Just finished up my taxi restore for Allentown! Spinout was the only thing I couldn't replace. What's the price on the spinout going to be and how long before shipping? Few weeks or a couple months?

-Jim

#4 5 years ago

World Cup soccer would be nice, I can't find the FT dome on your site.

#5 5 years ago

If someone made JD ramps, I'd buy them all.

#6 5 years ago

Great news for the community! With Pinball Inc leaving, the timing is much needed!

#7 5 years ago

That's just great! Best of luck guys.

Come out with a Taxi spinout ramp. You'll sell out in seconds.

#8 5 years ago

excellent news!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

So sweet!!! Just finished up my taxi restore for Allentown! Spinout was the only thing I couldn't replace. What's the price on the spinout going to be and how long before shipping? Few weeks or a couple months?

-Jim

Jim

We don't have the pricing finalized yet on the ramp but we are going to keep it as low as possible. Taxi has a special place in my collection as it was my first game and I want everybody to be able to upgrade their busted ramp with a brand new one!

As for shipping that will depend on the sample we receive. If it bolts in perfectly and there are no issues it would be about a month or so before we expect to ship them. The mold was made using the original blueprints from Williams so we don't expect any major issues.

#10 5 years ago

yeah

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you . . .

#11 5 years ago

What happened to all the original molds?

#12 5 years ago

We need Police Force center ramps!

#13 5 years ago

Awesome!!!

#14 5 years ago

i need a super mario bros mushroom world, right side tube-ramp.

#15 5 years ago

Awesome twistedpins count me in on a taxi spin out ramp.

#16 5 years ago

Subscribed

#17 5 years ago

nice one well done..

#18 5 years ago

well done guys , great job , kept this quiet since expo

catch up then

mark

#19 5 years ago

Pinbot
The blue ramp up the back
And the topper

#20 5 years ago

Bad Cats and Corvette ramps please.

#21 5 years ago

Data east Checkpoint seems impossible to find.

#22 5 years ago

Swords of Fury and Pinbot ramps please!

#23 5 years ago

GENESIS, both left and right ramps are sorely needed. And metal ramp protectors for the front of em would also be great.

The original purple ramps were made of a brittle plastic and were unprotected. As a result, pretty much every Genesis machine in use today is making do with broken, cracked, band-aided ramps. And there are prolly a hundred machines sitting idle in collections waiting for new ramps.

#24 5 years ago

TMNT. Impossible to find ones that aren't damaged. :/

#25 5 years ago

Seconding the Swords of Fury vote. That ramp is broken on every game and is completely NLA. I would think every SoF owner would buy one.

#26 5 years ago

Awesome news, remake em all so I don't have to worry what machine I buy next

#27 5 years ago

YES!!!!!!!!!!
YSGMTU.jpg

#28 5 years ago

This is wonderful news! Best of luck to you!

Great first undertaking, many many MANY people need this one!

Chris

#29 5 years ago

A ramp that just doesn't exist is the center ramp (both barrel and ball guide pieces) of Who?Dunnit. And nearly every game has that ramp cracked at some point.

#30 5 years ago

I really appreciate the enthusiasm for your work that comes through in your announcement - best of luck in your new venture! And it sounds like you couldn't have picked a better first project.

On the "let us know what you need" bit: Guns N' Roses "G" and "R" ramps.

#31 5 years ago

Wooo Hoooo! Taxi Spinout Ramp! Yes!

Space Station ramp would be nice. Lots of discussion from people who have a bashed up ramp on theirs.

#32 5 years ago

Demo Man ramps are another one needed!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

A ramp that just doesn't exist is the center ramp (both barrel and ball guide pieces) of Who?Dunnit. And nearly every game has that ramp cracked at some point.

Totally agree. Actually, all the ramps (including the curved piece below Tony's place) would be awesome.

#34 5 years ago

WCS94 ramps, Judge Dredd ramps and the Swords of Fury ramp are desperately needed IMO.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Wooo Hoooo! Taxi Spinout Ramp! Yes!
Space Station ramp would be nice. Lots of discussion from people who have a bashed up ramp on theirs.

Both space station ramps would be nice. The upper ramp is injection molded I believe. A nice shiny new one of those would be awesome!

#36 5 years ago

FT reel plastic would be a gold mind.

#37 5 years ago

Twisted...looks like you will have no problem staying busy!
FWS.jpg

#40 5 years ago

Indy 500 turbo ramps seconded!

#41 5 years ago

Hook. Upper right Rufio ramp. Can't find them anywhere. Common break. Over 6,500 units made so probably a demand for them.

#42 5 years ago

Heck yes!! This is awesome news! I will be getting a Taxi spin-out for sure.

How about some TX-Sector ramps?

#43 5 years ago

Time machine

#44 5 years ago

If you need a machine shop to subcontract molds. We have full CNC capability

#46 5 years ago

Mousin Around ramps please.

#47 5 years ago

BSD needs new ramps.

#48 5 years ago

Can you please do the left ramp cover for Johnny Mnemonic with the correct artwork? These are almost always busted and I don't think they've ever been repro'ed.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Demo Man ramps are another one needed!

I am in on these as well!

#50 5 years ago

RAMPS for Keanuuu! Please and thank you

P.S. I think I chatted with you guys at expo last year and maybe it was you that picked up that JM ramps that were for sale? (Hopefully to remake? *fingers crossed*)

johnny_mnemonic-bg.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside