Seawitch playfield 150dpi copy (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
seaw2.jpg
seaw1.jpg
074F78F4-4562-4767-8CCA-89AEC4BD387D (resized).jpeg
PXL_20211025_105947121.jpg
PXL_20211025_105811952.jpg
PXL_20211025_105719705.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

KevinCPR how accurate are the Seawitch playfield colors on your new photos on the CPR website to what they look like ‘in real life’?

#9 2 years ago

In particular, this photo:

074F78F4-4562-4767-8CCA-89AEC4BD387D (resized).jpeg074F78F4-4562-4767-8CCA-89AEC4BD387D (resized).jpeg
#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Sadly, it will depend on how you (and everyone else) has their monitor adjusted.

While there is certainly some truth to this, it is also not a complete answer.

I look at a lot of playfield photos on my monitors/devices and some color thresholds in this photo seem further outside what the same monitors/devices show on others.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

All I can tell you is that the "real life" playfield that you will hold in your hand will be the proper colors intended. When original films don't exist, we spend a lot of time choosing the colors, and it's not taken lightly. Considering what most original SeaWitch playfields look like today, I'm not surprised that some may find our repro to look "too" poppin' ... But make no mistake - 40 years of exposure, rub, and crud has moved a ton of colors in different directions. One of the main ways to find out what the "REAL" colors were 40 years ago, is to hunt for protected ink. This can be usually done by peeking under posts. Posts that have hidden ink for four decades. And voila, there are the original inks - at least the best sample available in 2021 - for what the whole playfield was colored like 40 years ago.

Thanks @kevincpr. Especially for the bit about the ‘protected’ ink - the difference is stark, as you stated as well, especially when you have spent a lot of time staring at the colors you are now so familiar with (due to crud, yellowing, etc.) and it can be startling on first glance.

I am pretty sure we all just want our pins to look as pristine as possible (or we wouldn’t even be here having the conversation!). If nothing else, for myself, it was a relief to hear that you are putting a lot of thought into the process.

Very much looking forward to seeing how your new backglass and plastic colors marry to the playfield colors as well. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-stern-seawitch-playfields-at-cpr?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.