Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-410.jpg
    image-379.jpg
    image-590.jpg
    image.jpg
    Stern Pinball Armor-256.PNG
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

I would say support a local seamstress. This can be made so much cheaper. Anyone local has seen them hit CL.

And for about a third of the cost. Also matches machine color if you desire.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Fun fact I learned in a marketing class in the mid-1980's:
    There is no such thing as Corinthian Leather. It was a marketing term dreamed up by Chrysler or a hired marketing agency. Chrysler sourced all of their leather at the time of the Cordoba & Imperials (when Ricardo Montalban was their spokesperson) from New Jersey. Cornthian sounds more exotic than "Fine Seacaucus Leather" doesn't it?

Another fun fact ... Most Italian leather either comes from Brazil or New Zealand. It ain't Italian at all.

This was the case 10 years ago anyway. Probably comes from China now.

Also, a majority of "Italian furniture" is made in China. Made on behalf of an Italian company, of course ....

rd.... Retired furniture guy.

#53 10 years ago

love that commercial . the small Chrysler . today that's a limo

#54 10 years ago

Cardboard and plastic wrap - $5?

After the shippers destroy it for you, you're out $350, I'm out $5.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

love that commercial . the small Chrysler . today that's a limo

Land yacht.
    This past summer I passed a mint Buick Electra 225 convertible. Talk about a LOT of steel and material!

#56 10 years ago

There is clearly a market for this product. would I buy one to cover machines at home, of course not. If I was moving machines on a frequent basis, yes I would. It would make things quicker and easier, and I'm sure in the long run it would pay for itself vs blankets, shrink wrap and damage.

As others have said, given what collectors play for bling, this actually seems like it would add value (or maybe better said protect value).

For me, the two or three times a year, at most, that I move machines does not justify (hate moving them up and down the stairs to the basement). Now if you packaged this with an esclara, for under $1,000, I'd be buying and selling machines a lot more often.

#57 10 years ago

I tried contacting Pinball Armor about this product. I thought it seemed pretty neat. I think I asked if it was water proof as I have an open bed truck. Never heard back. I think it's a pretty nice product and the ease of use is very nice.

However, after reading this thread I never realized how cheap moving blankets were. I also have toppers on most of my games. I think the Stern logo on the outside is cool. Maybe one day..

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

I tried contacting Pinball Armor about this product. I thought it seemed pretty neat. I think I asked if it was water proof as I have an open bed truck. Never heard back. I think it's a pretty nice product and the ease of use is very nice.
    However, after reading this thread I never realized how cheap moving blankets were. I also have toppers on most of my games. I think the Stern logo on the outside is cool. Maybe one day..

I think they hesitate to call it water proof (submerging it in a lake obviously would be no go) but at Expo he poured a cup of water on top of the machine and you could easily tell the material is coated with water resistant treatment and the water did not soak in at all and quickly ran off to the sides. I was very comfortable that a short sprinkle/rain on the way home with my pin in the back of an open pickup truck would not be a problem. Now I wouldn't press my luck with a total downpour for several hours.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I believe that corinthian leather is a man made substitute and also at the time burreled walnut is a plastic substitute.

I disagree. The leather in Chrysler vehicles was real. The term "corinthian" was simplay an exotic sounding marketing term.

#60 10 years ago

Love the ending, "Protect your investment!"

#61 10 years ago

I'm not going to argue whether or not the product is worth the money they are asking. That's entirely up to the buyer. I will say, however, that it's a very well made product. If you move a lot of machines, it will definitely make the job way easier.

#62 10 years ago

Not pointing fingers here but this seems like a classic pinside debate thread. There are a lot of negative comments from people who have never seen or touched this product.

Since I actually own one, I put up some pictures and some basic info.

It's a nice product, but value is in the eye of the purchaser. Waterproof material does not imply a water tight seal. I'm looking forward to using mine for transporting my new and restored pins.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

There are a lot of negative comments from people who have never seen or touched this product.

Ive seen and touched it. Overpriced crap.

Edit---Ok, crap was a bit harsh, its quality stuff...but not for the price. Last post on this subject I swear.

#64 10 years ago

seriously, a moving blanket and 2 straps = same thing... and a lot cheaper

gotta give it to them, looks nice and clean.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

If you bring your machines to shows, it gets old fast having to wrap, un-wrap, re-wrap and un-wrap quality machines. If you don't move your machines you obviously don't need to be concerned about protection.
    If you are buying a machine with shipping involved, do you expect your seller or shipper to shrink wrap, then blanket wrap and shrink wrap the blankets? An easy solution is to send a set of Pinball Armor to the seller. It helps with reducing your concerns associated with shipping.
    If you have high dollar machines in storage, as in a non-climate controlled garage, it is a good idea to keep them insulated either via Pinball Armor or blanket wrapped. Rapid changes in temperature and humidity are detrimental to cabinets, playfields, plastics, connectors and electronics. With the game properly insulated the changes are gradual to the machine.
    At the recent Chicago Expo there where numerous examples of games sporting Pinball Armor as the owners loaded out.
    Pinball clubs could buy a set or sets and loan them out. Maybe rent them out at say $40 per week or month.

I see your problem here, sir. You find this to be a reasonable and practical product. You then go further to be one of those people willing to bring nice games to a show for other people to enjoy. You cap it off by mentioning that other people also do such things. How dare you?

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

I think that WOF has finished code ! Why else would they go to that much trouble to protect it !

This had me laughing so hard lol

#67 10 years ago

Good-looking product. I like it. Unfortunately, too pricey for me.

#68 10 years ago

Looks fantastic quality. Gonna have to put a request into santa.

#69 10 years ago

with peeps that have games in basements and take them up and down often to shows, put on location, tournaments, etc. they probably would work great. it gets annoying shrinkwrapping a head folded down just to move a game upstairs.
    sure you can just use wratchet straps, but u can damage the cabinet in transit.
    time is the biggest factor for me. if its faster than shrinkwrap properly im interested.

BIG QUESTION- can you use this on SS or EM machines so you DO NOT have to disconnect the connectors?
    can you unbolt the head and lay the head forward on the playfield glass and if yes, would the head move or not.
    if it moves, connectors get yanked..

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

We use ours and I love the product. It keeps the pins protected when being shipped or moved.At least this product protects your investment. I do understand that a route operator might pass on theses. After all I have seen some pins that should have had theses years ago and they might not look like they are ready for the dump. This is a great investment with moving your $8000 JJP or $8000 Stern pin that you bought and want to protect. I think this product comes down to what is the condition of the game and how bad you want to keep it that way. Also, the product installs in 10 minutes and you do not get dizzy wrapping the darn thing in cardboard and saran wrap. It's much fast. I have had games delivered to me from trucking companies that have said they like them and they have no clue about pinball. I love the art work of WOZ and the art work is amazing and the powder coating is done well. Why damage it? Yes, if you do not ship games or buy games and they just sit there in the game room this product is not for you. I do feel that this company is working in the right direction to get cost down. They are made in the USA and not brought in from China. So, I am sure that has allot to do with pricing. Hey pinballsidearmor I love your product!

Now for the low, low price of $349.99 and if you order now within the next 15 minutes we'll throw in not one but two disks with unfinished code of your choice! Hurry while supplies last!

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Armor:

Hi, to clarify, this is licensed. We manufactured this version to specifically fit Stern machines.
    Best,
    Darren

Darren, So something is different on the Stern version and yours is more universal vs. Stern's are specifically for Sterns. Is this correct?

1 year later
    #72 8 years ago

I sold a HUO Stern machine this past weekend and buyer came by and packed it in Pinball Armour.

I was very impressed by the product. It is very well made and sure did make us feel better getting the machine out of my basement.

I have changed my mind on this product after seeing it and will be picking up a set myself. One good gouge in a 6k machine brings the value down more than $250 IMHO.

#73 8 years ago

I have used PinArmor to protect my STLE moving between Austin and DFW for TPF. I would never use anything other than PinArmor to protect my NIBs. Yes; the price is high - but to not have to worry about any aspect of the machine during loading/unloading - it's priceless.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-stern-pinball-armor/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.