bally_star_trek_prototype_backglass_00.jpg
IMG_2653.JPG
spock.gif
star_trek_backglass_proto1.jpg
star_trek_backglass_plastics.jpg
star_trek_backglass_box.jpg
Proto_&_Original_Backglass_Comparison..jpg
glas-trek.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

I sold all 4 backglasses at TPF. As far as I know, no distributor has any.

#52 11 years ago

Well I am happy with the way the backglass turned out. I don't know if the 1/8" glass vs the 3/16" glass will make a difference in the long run. It seems to fit just fine and it doesn't rattle any more than the original did. The only concern I can think of would be temperature changes causing the backglass to expand and contract which over time causes the backglass to peel. Would a 1/8" glass expand more than a 3/16" glass? Maybe Maybe not. I am not real concerned as my game will be in a somewhat temperature controlled environment.
I know their will be color differences because of age, different production runs even on the original games but the darker blue in the plastics is just too far off from anything original and quality control should have caught that and been corrected before production took place.
I made a video of my thoughts and ramblings wile I installed the Star Trek Prototype backglass and plastics so here's the link.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-star-trek-backglass-now-available-at-cpr/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.