Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shadowpf01.jpg
shadowpf25.jpg
shadowpf24.jpg
shadowpf23.jpg
shadowpf19.jpg
shadowpf18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If you didn't like my comment that's fine.
I love that CPR does these playfields. Point I was making was along the same lines as Mudflaps. TS doesn't seem to wear that bad outside the sanctum. I feel there are other titles more deserving due to crappy wear.
For this, I apologize as I am embarrassed and clearly I've humiliated myself. Do accept my apologies.

If you want to be mad about pf reproductions, be mad at the company tha is duplicating other remakes out of spite when there are so many games that need the love...

TS is a well liked game with lots of blown sanctums, and cracked out center inserts. Worthy of restore for many.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Didn’t I see you requesting Gottlieb playfields in another thread from that “other” company.
Have you confirmed spite as their sole reason for producing?
Sigh

I will try to explain this again since you are a bit vapid at times.

Mirco has very clearly been strong arming PPS to get access to licensed titles which CPR has already had in cue for years. They did it first with TAF as a direct way to try and hurt a small company that has been doing reproductions for over a decade now in support of the community. CPR had taken a full list of 'pre-orders' and once gets commitments then order enough inserts for a run, make the run, and need/expect the customers to follow through to keep things running. Mirco specifically targeted that game to try and take busineess from CPR and more specifically to try and hurt them by leaving them with unsold stock (they know how CPR business model works). Frankly that was a shitty thing to do to CPR, but I could at least understand from a business perspective that TAF represents alot of potential $$$$$ due to sale volume so you like to give a little leeway that it is "just business"

Then is became clear what Mirco's motives are when he specifically targeted running Joust playfields. This is a boutique game that has taken 4-5 years to get enough people just to justify a 1 time run (guessing 50 total commitments). Mirco knows that not only have CPR and 2 dedicated pinheads been involved in trying to bring this to fruition for years, but that the Mirco process woudl allow him to try and jump the sales by getting one done first but specifically waiting till he knew CPR had taken hard commitments and was pushing forward. He spitefully wants to attempt and sell directly to the 50 customers that have committed to CPR because he wants to hurt them and their business. This is obviously not about making money or satisfying a need/want of the community. It was about hiring indian labor to quickly draw up art and jump ahead of CPR once they had made the commitment to get materials and push forward. That is a dick move, and when there are so many other games in need of new playfields, there just is not the need to act like this. It is bad for optics and shows your true colors.

Would be great if other and new games got playfields, specifically GTB games for which nobody else if focusing or making. I wholy support Mirco not being such a DB and seeking out games and titles to reproduce that CPR, Greatwhich John, etc... are not already doing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-shadow-playfields-released-at-cpr?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.