View topic image gallery

shadowpf01.jpg
shadowpf25.jpg
shadowpf24.jpg
shadowpf23.jpg
shadowpf19.jpg
shadowpf18.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Just a general announcement of the release of the completed Shadow playfield run. We know many like to come see the results / gallery when a run is complete. As with all playfield releases, these are exclusively offered to the queue of Preorder customers first, who have had their name "in the hat" for the last couple years. Then any leftovers go public later, if any.

So for now, it can only be the tease of the Gallery. Preorder customers will be contacted over the next 3-4 weeks, in waves of 30-40 per week, until everybody is given their shot to finish up their purchase.

On a side note, some of you may be interested in the custom improvements we put into the manufacture of the Shadow reproduction playfield run... a) Custom Lightblock Layering behind the center insert array b) added Headlight Inserts for custom lighting use. Both ideas add a touch of flair beyond duplicating the original design completely... sometimes there's always room for tweaks and added features, over the original designs !

It's all chronicled at the end of the Gallery on the site:

GALLERY: http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo215.html

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Full Playfield, Outdoors, SunlightFull Playfield, Outdoors, Sunlight
Backlit against sunBacklit against sun
Backlit against sunBacklit against sun
Custom CPR Lightblock LayerCustom CPR Lightblock Layer
Custom CPR Headlight InsertsCustom CPR Headlight Inserts
Headlight Inserts IlluminatedHeadlight Inserts Illuminated

#2 5 years ago

Looks good!! Remember to protect your inner Sanctum.

#3 5 years ago

Wow!! Just Wow!! My favorite “B” title!! Thanks CPR!

#4 5 years ago

I don’t understand replicating a pf that generally doesn’t wear poorly. Outside the sanctum area, shadow pfs are rarely in shitty condition

So many other titles needing a pf replication other than shadow.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I don’t understand replicating a pf that generally doesn’t wear poorly. Outside the sanctum area, shadow pfs are rarely in shitty condition. So many other titles needing a pf replication other than shadow.

Demand must have been there or they wouldn't have run them. Shadow is pretty well loved and there must be enough owners with crap Sanctums willing to make the swap.

The pics look great, and I love the headlight insert concept. A fun addition for those that want to use it, and those that don't won't even know it's there.

#6 5 years ago

I’d need to put some thought into it...but having the headlights on only during certain modes or lit features might be pretty cool...

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I don’t understand replicating a pf that generally doesn’t wear poorly. Outside the sanctum area, shadow pfs are rarely in shitty condition

I've seen some sanctum area wear the size of a nickel, gouged into the playfield. I have also seen some Shadows with repair jobs that would make your eyes bleed. It also is in a very visible spot, not hard for non-pinhead to even see.

When selling a game, the first picture anybody wants to see is the sanctum area. Being a popular game that many people would love to restore and haven't had a chance to do for 25 years, people are happy and excited this is being offered.

#8 5 years ago

If you thought TS was expensive before, now that this has happened....shoot for the moon!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I've seen some sanctum area wear the size of a nickel, gouged into the playfield. I have also seen some Shadows with repair jobs that would make your eyes bleed. It also is in a very visible spot, not hard for non-pinhead to even see.
When selling a game, the first picture anybody wants to see is the sanctum area. Being a popular game that many people would love to restore and haven't had a chance to do for 25 years, people are happy and excited this is being offered.

Just like Segas' The X Files file cabinet.

#10 5 years ago

Great news, as always. Any time another playfield gets the CPR treatment is good for the hobby.

I’m curious on the demand. Most TS play fields aren’t roached, save the usual Sanctum wear. If this is your grail pin, though, it seems like a worthy game investment.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great news, as always. Any time another playfield gets the CPR treatment is good for the hobby.
I’m curious on the demand. Most TS play fields aren’t roached, save the usual Sanctum wear. If this is your grail pin, though, it seems like a worthy game investment.

Replacing a PF with Sanctum wear would be worth it imo, especially if the clear coat holds up on these pfs (I've never had a CPR experience, plus I'd put down mylar anyways). there are pictures of games with the hole worn right to the magnet. It's awesome to see these playfields being remade, regardless if I have a game that needs it or not.

No point in bitching about it. (NOT aimed at Mudflaps )

#12 5 years ago

*Edited also*

I really dig the subtle changes CPR makes when re-doing a playfield, e.g. the headlights. This one looks like another winner.

Paired with Aurich’s translite, replacement plastics and now a new playfield, there will hopefully be a lot more nice Shadows in the world.

#13 5 years ago

Beautiful!!

Now let's get to PARAGON!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I can only hope to do better for this site and America, respectively.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You’re absolutely right. I want to take this opportunity to apologize for my bitchy comments about CPR replacement playfields. Reading my comments, with the benefit of hindsight and self reflection, I’m embarrassed and ashamed.
Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I can only hope to do better for this site and America, respectively.

Sorry. The "no point in bitching about it" wasn't aimed at you. I'll re-edit my original post.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Sorry. The "no point in bitching about it" wasn't aimed at you. I'll re-edit my original post.

If you didn't like my comment that's fine.

I love that CPR does these playfields. Point I was making was along the same lines as Mudflaps. TS doesn't seem to wear that bad outside the sanctum. I feel there are other titles more deserving due to crappy wear.

For this, I apologize as I am embarrassed and clearly I've humiliated myself. Do accept my apologies.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

On a side note, some of you may be interested in the custom improvements we put into the manufacture of the Shadow reproduction playfield run... a) Custom Lightblock Layering behind the center insert array b) added Headlight Inserts for custom lighting use. Both ideas add a touch of flair beyond duplicating the original design completely... sometimes there's always room for tweaks and added features, over the original designs !

C.) Should have used a complete “S” to begin the word Sanctum.

Beautiful job otherwise. I might have to add this to my collection of CPR playfields I own, but don’t own the pin. They look great hanging on the wall until I do.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Nothing a decal can't fix.

Would love to have one of these beautiful playfields on either of my Shadows. One had a huge divot in the wood and the other was slightly less worse.

#19 5 years ago

FWIW I’ve seen a couple Shadows with edging on the main 5 mode windows. Some raised up, some chipped up pretty bad. The Sanctum always seems worn.

#20 5 years ago

Love the headlight idea! My playfield is in great shape but wish I had that.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So many other titles needing a pf replication other than shadow.

It was a title that tipped over 100 preorders, so it pushed priority forward into production, ahead of others that are lagging behind. It's that simple, really.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If you didn't like my comment that's fine.
I love that CPR does these playfields. Point I was making was along the same lines as Mudflaps. TS doesn't seem to wear that bad outside the sanctum. I feel there are other titles more deserving due to crappy wear.
For this, I apologize as I am embarrassed and clearly I've humiliated myself. Do accept my apologies.

If you want to be mad about pf reproductions, be mad at the company tha is duplicating other remakes out of spite when there are so many games that need the love...

TS is a well liked game with lots of blown sanctums, and cracked out center inserts. Worthy of restore for many.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

... As with all playfield releases, these are exclusively offered to the queue of Preorder customers first, who have had their name "in the hat" for the last couple years. Then any leftovers go public later, if any.
....KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

Hi Kevin,
first off all, incredible work!
But I was the opinion with your latest digital printer improvements CPR is able to make "Made-For-You individual playfields" on demand and theoretical no CPR playfield will go out of stock in the near future?
So do I have to hope that some of the preorders will skip or is there a chance to get a individual printed on demand in really near future?
Regards Pat

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you want to be mad about pf reproductions, be mad at the company tha is duplicating other remakes out of spite when there are so many games that need the love...
TS is a well liked game with lots of blown sanctums, and cracked out center inserts. Worthy of restore for many.

Didn’t I see you requesting Gottlieb playfields in another thread from that “other” company.

Have you confirmed spite as their sole reason for producing?

Sigh

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Didn’t I see you requesting Gottlieb playfields in another thread from that “other” company.
Sigh

I will try to explain this again since you are a bit vapid at times.

Mirco has very clearly been strong arming PPS to get access to licensed titles which CPR has already had in cue for years. They did it first with TAF as a direct way to try and hurt a small company that has been doing reproductions for over a decade now in support of the community. CPR had taken a full list of 'pre-orders' and once gets commitments then order enough inserts for a run, make the run, and need/expect the customers to follow through to keep things running. Mirco specifically targeted that game to try and take busineess from CPR and more specifically to try and hurt them by leaving them with unsold stock (they know how CPR business model works). Frankly that was a shitty thing to do to CPR, but I could at least understand from a business perspective that TAF represents alot of potential $$$$$ due to sale volume so you like to give a little leeway that it is "just business"

Then is became clear what Mirco's motives are when he specifically targeted running Joust playfields. This is a boutique game that has taken 4-5 years to get enough people just to justify a 1 time run (guessing 50 total commitments). Mirco knows that not only have CPR and 2 dedicated pinheads been involved in trying to bring this to fruition for years, but that the Mirco process woudl allow him to try and jump the sales by getting one done first but specifically waiting till he knew CPR had taken hard commitments and was pushing forward. He spitefully wants to attempt and sell directly to the 50 customers that have committed to CPR because he wants to hurt them and their business. This is obviously not about making money or satisfying a need/want of the community. It was about hiring indian labor to quickly draw up art and jump ahead of CPR once they had made the commitment to get materials and push forward. That is a dick move, and when there are so many other games in need of new playfields, there just is not the need to act like this. It is bad for optics and shows your true colors.

Would be great if other and new games got playfields, specifically GTB games for which nobody else if focusing or making. I wholy support Mirco not being such a DB and seeking out games and titles to reproduce that CPR, Greatwhich John, etc... are not already doing.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where did I say I was mad?

I said I believe there are more titles with worse off pfs. But glad we have a company making them regardless.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Sigh

I saw this as well. Kinda funny he’s making his comments in here now.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I was the opinion with your latest digital printer improvements CPR is able to make "Made-For-You individual playfields" on demand and theoretical no CPR playfield will go out of stock in the near future?

Our ongoing "new release" playfields will still be made in "runs" , and silkscreened (the first time) when we do the batches of ~100+ . After those sell out, then anybody wanting one for the year(s) after that will go the "Made-For-You" route... those will be digital, and one-offs.

Hope that makes it clearer.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I saw this as well. Kinda funny he’s making his comments in here now.

He talks out of both sides of his mouth when it comes to Mirco. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mircoplayfields-is-doing-gottlieb-playfields/page/2

He is quoted in the Joust Club Thread saying that CPR has been working on it for years then in the Mirco Poll thread, he recommended Joust be remade (albeit 5 mos ago). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-which-new-mirco-repro-playfield-titles-wanted-for-2018/page/2. Running out of patience?

So I assume he wont be buying any Mirco gottlieb playfields right?

Finally, I hope he can back up those statements about Mirco because they border on libel and slander.

(slow day in the office for me today...)

#30 5 years ago

Reminder, This thread is about CPR and the new Shadow Playfield. Please stop all discussion regarding Mirco. If you wish to discuss Mirco, open a new thread.

This is a blanket warning to everyone. So please shift your discussion back to CPR and the awesome new Shadow Playfields.

Thanks.

Marcus

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I hope the other ones have this fixed. It should have been caught.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Reminder, This thread is about CPR and the new Shadow Playfield. Please stop all discussion regarding Mirco. If you wish to discuss Mirco, open a new thread.
This is a blanket warning to everyone. So please shift your discussion back to CPR and the awesome new Shadow Playfields.
Thanks.
Marcus

I wish you guys would police all the threads like this. LOL.

The playfields look great! Makes me want a shadow.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Our ongoing "new release" playfields will still be made in "runs" , and silkscreened (the first time) when we do the batches of ~100+ . After those sell out, then anybody wanting one for the year(s) after that will go the "Made-For-You" route... those will be digital, and one-offs.
Hope that makes it clearer.

any example of art differences? would the digital versions potentially have better registration?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

any example of art differences? would the digital versions potentially have better registration?

Inquiring minds want to know.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I hope the other ones have this fixed. It should have been caught.

Guys - that's the original font of the artwork, and the way the playfield looks. We rarely get into changing the actual aesthetic of the original art. Adding small improvements is one thing - where we're confident we'll be thanked, rather than raked over the coals.

The risk of changing the font of the "S" characters throughout the game would literally be split in opinion across Shadow owners.

For example - I believe the "S" characters aren't 'broken' or wrong - and look fantastic in the theme/font set.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys - that's the original font of the artwork, and the way the playfield looks. We rarely get into changing the actual aesthetic of the original art. Adding small improvements is one thing - where we're confident we'll be thanked, rather than raked over the coals.
The risk of changing the font of the "S" characters throughout the game would literally be split in opinion across Shadow owners.
For example - I believe the "S" characters aren't 'broken' or wrong - and look fantastic in the theme/font set.

You made the right choice. Keep it original as much as possible. I wish people would do some basic checking before being critical for no reason whatsoever. Its like a game on here to find something wrong with everything.

The playfields look great!

#37 5 years ago

So sweet. Now I just need to get serious about scaring up another beater to fix up.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

I'm sorry, I owe you an apology.

I thought it was a mistake and when I checked on mine, and pictures of other machines, that is the way the font is. The playfield looks nice. Keeping it original was the right call.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will try to explain this again since you are a bit vapid at times.
Mirco has very clearly been strong arming PPS to get access to licensed titles which CPR has already had in cue for years. They did it first with TAF as a direct way to try and hurt a small company that has been doing reproductions for over a decade now in support of the community. CPR had taken a full list of 'pre-orders' and once gets commitments then order enough inserts for a run, make the run, and need/expect the customers to follow through to keep things running. Mirco specifically targeted that game to try and take busineess from CPR and more specifically to try and hurt them by leaving them with unsold stock (they know how CPR business model works). Frankly that was a shitty thing to do to CPR, but I could at least understand from a business perspective that TAF represents alot of potential $$$$$ due to sale volume so you like to give a little leeway that it is "just business"
Then is became clear what Mirco's motives are when he specifically targeted running Joust playfields. This is a boutique game that has taken 4-5 years to get enough people just to justify a 1 time run (guessing 50 total commitments). Mirco knows that not only have CPR and 2 dedicated pinheads been involved in trying to bring this to fruition for years, but that the Mirco process woudl allow him to try and jump the sales by getting one done first but specifically waiting till he knew CPR had taken hard commitments and was pushing forward. He spitefully wants to attempt and sell directly to the 50 customers that have committed to CPR because he wants to hurt them and their business. This is obviously not about making money or satisfying a need/want of the community. It was about hiring indian labor to quickly draw up art and jump ahead of CPR once they had made the commitment to get materials and push forward. That is a dick move, and when there are so many other games in need of new playfields, there just is not the need to act like this. It is bad for optics and shows your true colors.
Would be great if other and new games got playfields, specifically GTB games for which nobody else if focusing or making. I wholy support Mirco not being such a DB and seeking out games and titles to reproduce that CPR, Greatwhich John, etc... are not already doing.

let's cut to the chase... are you in for a pre-order predator playfield, or not?

1 week later
#40 5 years ago

Hi Kevin.
im very interested in this playfield, have sent you a PM.
Cheers
Trevor

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi Kevin.
im very interested in this playfield, have sent you a PM.
Cheers
Trevor

I see you’re from Brisbane... I lived there for 10 years but never saw it called ‘Brisbane City’. Is this a thing, just curious?

1 month later
#42 5 years ago

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a cpr Shadow playfield. Never have done a swap before and am curious if there is any prep to do with the new playfield like redrilling holes and such, or is it ready to go right out of the box?

#43 5 years ago

It's pretty much ready to go but...

https://classicplayfields.com/playfields/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-shadow-playfields-released-at-cpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.