Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glassfrog.PNG
    chainsaw.png
    nin-echoplex.jpg
    WW-ooh-purty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 9 years ago

Correct, for this particular title we (CPR) are splitting the run with PPS, so once we received the amount of PF's we are allowed to sell the balance will go to PPS. Any of the customers that we can not serve will be forwarded off to PPS.....

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Sounds like CPR could only sell a specified number of TAF playfields. Planetary prob wants to sell the rest

#103 9 years ago

That info is private, sorry....

#127 9 years ago

We are receiving Blank Wood Panels, we will do all the cutting.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Will corrections from previous IPB TAF runs be made for this run or are boards already cut and dimpled?

#135 9 years ago

Thanks, that means a lot to me, more that you know.... as I spent a TON of time working on that artwork....

Quoted from indypinhead:

Stu did an AWESOME job on the Fire! playfield.

#145 9 years ago

Thanks.....We apprecate your support! I can't wait to swap out my Fire! PF.....

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

The Fire! playfield is stunningly beautiful!
    thanks Stu!

1 week later
    #168 9 years ago
    Quoted from RussMyers:

2. I can pull out and get my deposit back if I do so before CNC cutting starts, and the slot goes to someone on the waiting list

Herein is part of the problem....If you even had the slightest notion of pulling out and getting a refund then you Never should have signed up in the first place!

So ok, CPR "BUYS" Inserts and Wood 6-11 Months prior to starting the CNC process, for your Playfield that you promised to buy....So if you are allowed to "back-out of the purchase" prior to the CNC Process then CPR is Still stuck with Wood & Inserts for "Your" playfield. Now this doesn't sound that bad if it were only 1 or 2 people backing out, but if it was Policy then there could/would be up to 50% of the people backing out and CPR would be stuck with 50-75-100 Playfields that can't be sold. Understand this: The "Production Process" actually Starts when CPR "Purchases" Wood & Inserts, NOT when the CNC process starts, and Inserts take 6-11 Months to receive once they have been ordered from the supplier.....So technically speaking our policy for Backing-Out should be closed at the time of ordering Inserts & Wood.

The Playfield Manufacturing process is a Long Time-frame, and in most cases it's 2+ years (due to the Inserts taking so long to receive once the order is placed).....

Now, here is another issue: In an effort to keep the Playfield Costs down CPR has to purchase Inserts and Wood for 9-12 Different Titles ALL AT THE SAME TIME....With each Playfield taking around 18 Months from start to finish it would be fine if it was only 1 Playfield at a time that was being Pre-Ordered, however, we have to purchase Wood & Inserts for Multiple Titles all together, Yet we can only make 1 Playfield at a time.

We have to take Pre-Orders for all 12 titles so that we "know" how many Inserts & how much Wood to purchase almost a Year in Advance of the "First Title" going into the CNC process...so that First title gets done within the first 18 months or so, but what about the 7th, 8th, 9th, 12th titles????
    All 12 titles have had the Inserts & Wood PURCHASED Years in Advance, ALL BASED UPON THE PRE-ORDER PROMISES WE RECEIVED 2-3 YEARS PRIOR.....

My PERSONAL Suggestion ( NOT CPR's Stance ) is this....If the title you are considering signing up for on the Pre-Order is Not something that you KNOW will be in your collection for Many Years to come > then Don't sign up for the Pre-Order....if the game in question is something you plan on Trading, Flipping, or are just not thrilled with > Don't sign up....However, if the game is something you just can't live without, Planning a "keeper" Restoration, etc. then Sign-up for the Playfield.....The days of Flippers buying the Playfields and selling them on eBay 2 weeks after CPR releases the tile are pretty much over.

Manufacturing Playfields is a HUGE Financial Investment and to get stuck with playfields because some people back out after telling us they "Had to Have One" just simply puts our investment dollars on a shelf for years....Eventually the well will run dry......

Edit: Sorry for the rant, I swore I was not going to chime into Kevin's posting regarding the new Pre-Order system, but I felt that uninformed people would just keep posting stuff until they had more information regarding the subject.....I've said my peace now so back to simply "lurking" and no more posting for Stu.....

#171 9 years ago

While I can appreciate your line of thinking it just doesn't work that way....No 2 playfields have the Same Amount of Inserts as another...Example: Paragon may use 9 - 1" White Flat Bottom Opaque Inserts whereas Star trek my only use 2 of those specific Inserts ( or maybe 14 )...and the same effect for Every Shape & Size & Color ( both Flat Bottom Opaque, Flat bottom Translucent, and Star-bursts )

Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Paragon inserts are the same as Star Trek inserts

#176 9 years ago

Time for Stu to bow out gracefully from this thread....Time to "Drain it".....

#203 9 years ago

READ the Original Post to find out what happened to Medusa

#205 9 years ago

My Artwork is done but we don't have the Licensing....If all goes well then yes we will be doing it, but at this point I can't confirm either way.....

Quoted from indypinhead:

Stu,
    Any word on the Diner back glass?
    Is it still going to happen?

4 months later
    #211 9 years ago

Still waiting on the Wood & Inserts to be shipped to us.....as soon as we receive the shipment we will move into production

#214 9 years ago

Once we have started production you will see changes in the "Production Comments" column of the Pre-Order, such as:
    1. CNC CUTTING NOW
    2. ALL CUT, INSERTS IN
    3. SILKSCREEN PREPPING NOW
    4. SILKSCREENING NOW
    5. CLEARCOATING NOW

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Quoted from swanng:

Will CPR's website have updates moving forward, Stu?

#216 9 years ago

we just received the Beef we had been waiting on for the past 2 months, so now we can start to grind it up & make the pattys for the hamburgers that we will feed the shop guys for lunch on June 27....

....oh, and we won't be sending instructions for opening the box, but here's a clue....

chainsaw.pngchainsaw.png
    #218 9 years ago

Weather here is beautiful...Rainy, but beautiful...Glad your not here, will send T-Shirt...not a Tide T-Shirt though, that would be stupid

#220 9 years ago

http://www.classicplayfields.com/contact.html

Quoted from wcbrandes:

stu how do we know or make sure we were on the list for a gold for TAF ?

#223 9 years ago

I completed the Artwork for the Old Chicago Playfield some time ago, and we will be making it. We are in no rush to make this title as we all know there is very little demand for it so it will most likely be a very short boutique run, However, " I " need one for my machine & we have already committed to doing it, so it's just a matter of time, just be patient......

....the good news is we will be releasing the Old Chicago Backglass very soon......

Stu
    CPR Art Director

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Thank you guys very much for the "Old Chicago" plastics.
    To me it confirms your dedication to the sport. I ordered a set.
    Any chance of doing the playfield?

#226 9 years ago

I have already completed the Playfield, Plastics, And Backglass Artwork, however, now it's up to Kevin to secure the 3rd Party License. Once we secure the 3rd Party License, then we can get the B/W License......

Quoted from whitey:

Stu ?? Any chance you guys are doing Bally Rolling Stones?

#227 9 years ago

We will be doing the Diner glass, artwork has been done now for 2 years, we just need to secure the B/W License....

Quoted from indypinhead:

Sure wish you could say that about the Diner backglass...

#230 9 years ago

No, there is not enough demand for those....

Quoted from China_Grove:

Is there any plans that cpr will produce a classic stern quicksilver playfield or plastics?

Yes, I did have someone working on the Backglass, but we were told to Stop Working on ALL B/W artwork so we did. If PPS has the Original Films then we "might" pick it back up....if we get the B/W Licensing

Quoted from Stretch7:

Ok now i have to ask....I know someone was working a Alien Poker back glass from the CPR team going back a few years ago now and now there is no mention of it.
    Is it still happening or has been wiped off the board for now?

#232 9 years ago

OC Backglass most likely won't be released for at least a month....We are releasing 2 other titles before OC.....

1 month later
    #239 8 years ago

No, it's just the new Backglass.....

— Plastic Trim Kits:
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/M-1889-1-2
    — Metal Lit Channel:
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/P-6242-107

Quoted from dasvis:

Stu, having just purchased a Bally Old Chicago that is missing the backglass I am interested. Do the CPR glasses come with the metal lift channel & side plastics?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.