Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glassfrog.PNG
    chainsaw.png
    nin-echoplex.jpg
    WW-ooh-purty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 9 years ago

I'm with the others, getting a token amount as a non-refundable deposit is standard practice.

You guys might also save a lot of money by taking credit cards instead of Paypal and its usury fees.

2 weeks later
    #177 9 years ago

I find it difficult to believe that it takes a year to make a playfield.

Is it a volume issue from the insert supplier? What kind of company can't deliver product in less than a year?

#179 9 years ago

WMS used to take a year to go from concept to a game out the door, and Sega/Stern did it in six months. How much of that time was waiting for finished playfields?

I can see it taking a long time to pound inserts in and beltsand it. I'd love to see a breakdown of the timelines.

I'm not saying they're wrong, just curious about the process and why it takes that time.

#182 9 years ago

Time to head to China for inserts!

#201 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Having the inserts done on already existing tooling (read: already paid for) at Foremost, is 1000x cheaper than milling all new tooling and then sending it to China.

I'm not so sure about that. I have friends who get custom molded toys made in China for a few dollars per unit for fully assembled, painted items in custom art boxes - ready for sale. Usually in less than two months start to finish including sculpting.

I would imagine if you have CAD files for inserts ready to go you could get it done in batches of 10,000 pretty quickly.

It's certainly easier to just phone the company in Chicago than deal with the language barrier, timezone differences, and somewhat difficult timelines. But waiting six months for them to get around to it seems excessive.

One again, this is in no way a knock against CPR. I really just want to know how their process works and am curious on the long timelines. Kevin has done a very good job answering that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place?tu=jwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.