Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glassfrog.PNG
    chainsaw.png
    nin-echoplex.jpg
    WW-ooh-purty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 9 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

So CPR is going to rescue what was the former "late 2014 IPB run".

Sweet - now maybe people will calm down after raking PPS and CPR over the coals in the Stu/Artwork thread over fears of PPS is shutting everyone down fud

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I find it difficult to believe that it takes a year to make a playfield.
    Is it a volume issue from the insert supplier? What kind of company can't deliver product in less than a year?

This has been hashed out many times in earlier threads which you can enjoy at your leisure... but it's a few things

- Inserts must be bought in volume and have a very very very long lead time.
    - To keep costs down, insert orders for games are combined, so multiple games must be planned before they can be ordered
    - Wood has bulk ordering and lead time issues as well
    - Inking playfields is not a fast thing... and each playfield needs multiple screen passes
    - CPR is small - they don't have the ability to do multiple copies of the same steps concurrently
    - CPR is small and want to remain small

If CPR were bigger, had more lines, more staff, and could afford a huge inventory overhead to minimize parts leadtime... they could start projects faster. But this isn't churchhill cabinets.

I don't know what the story is with the world cartel on insert manufacturing or something... but apparently the suppliers don't sit on huge inventories of every variation either.

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

@Foraisu, i have a problem with Kevin coming on to Pinside and complaining his customers are not loyal enough
    II'd love it if my customers were predictable, but the are not. It is part of running a business. If you deal with customers then you have tottake the good with the bad
    Every other business has the same issues
    Kevin needs to deal with it

He did no such thing (complaining) - they simply stated their reasoning WHY the change and what they hope to achieve from it. The only negativity in the thread I see is coming from you.

CPR doesn't want to have a inventory and sell through model. They want a built to order model with only small overages. That's their choice - if you don't like it, don't buy from them and buy from the playfield people that stock inventory for you to buy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.