Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glassfrog.PNG
    chainsaw.png
    nin-echoplex.jpg
    WW-ooh-purty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 9 years ago

I had put my name in for a TOTAN pf a while ago. It's listed as closed now and the email beside it is [email protected]. Should I send my confirmation to [email protected] or to [email protected]?

Edit: it bounced back with an error from tales@, so inbox it is!

#75 9 years ago

I still have not seen a reply from my confirmation email for TOTAN. I would say that this is just an initial hiccup with the new system being put in place, but I really don't want to miss out on picking one up just because I was unsure whether or not my preorder went through.

I'm with Aurich on this, just allow people to put down a non-refundable deposit and you will get a pretty damn accurate measure of interest, as well as customers getting piece of mind that they are for sure in.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

This is incredible. I went to the site after hearing you added Paragon in another thread and read the whole pre-order system. Really cool. And SI. Really awesome.
    What I'm wondering is that I had emailed about Arabian Nights when it was still in "interested" status under your old system, and now it says Full/Closed. Should I assume since I didn't hear back from you about the interested email that I'm not on that list?
    Thanks - I think all this news is very positive.

My worry as well, and I even sent a confirmation email.

#83 9 years ago

So if i'm 100% in I should rely on 60-70% accuracy and just hope that 30-40% actually do end up bailing so I can get in? I fail to see how that answers my question about whether or not I'm in the pre-order 100% now, as that is what I wanted.

#89 9 years ago

Which I did, and never got a reply to, because the email they had associated with TOTAN is no longer active, so I sent it to their main inbox, and never got a reply. Seeing as most people have gotten replies, I have no idea whether or not I am verified as a pre-order at this point. For someone who is putting a lot of weight into actually reading posts, you should try it out yourself.

The fact of the matter is, this new pre-order system isn't perfect. The above TAF issue is another case in point.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jay-T:

UPDATE - I just received a confirmation. Thanks CPR!

I received mine as well. So, I know I'm in on the PF, but what I am uncertain of is whether or not i'm in 100% with my email committal to buy, or if this run is going to be a 60-70% run and I may or may not get a pf. Because there was no "hard commitment" in place for TOTAN (and because it was closed and the mailbox shut down), I have not actually given a hard commitment. I got on the site pretty fast after the announcement, and it was already changed, so I have to assume that nobody who is in on TOTAN gave a hard commitment (like some of the other titles up there).

Anyways, I'm just accepting at this point that all is well. I just don't want to miss out on a playfield that i'm 100% commited to buying because of what amounts to a clerical error.

2 weeks later
    #170 9 years ago

Another solution to your problem of people backing out would be to just make people who want one pay the full price up front, and charge a "restocking fee" or some such if they pull out (possibly put in a cut off date, since you don't order components for the pf's right away).

If you only want people who are 100% on the pf and the title, that's how you do it. CPR is past the point of getting their name out and getting their products out (as proof of quality), there is no reason for this method, just let the customers who want the product pay the money for the product. You know you'll make the PF, it's just a matter of when. Now you are saying 12-18 months, so the customer knows they have to wait at least a year for their product. It will make them think it over before just dropping the cash down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.