Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glassfrog.PNG
    chainsaw.png
    nin-echoplex.jpg
    WW-ooh-purty.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snux.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Put up a playfield inbox, let it collect emails for 1-3 years

Quoted from 85vett:

I think you have 2 main reasons for people signing up and not buying. One being they moved the machine

I'd be guessing that the combination of these 2 is the reason for a lot of the drop-outs. I know I fall into this category. Bought a Banzai Run with a trashed playfield, registered my interest for a new playfield right away. If there had been one available at the time, I'd have bought it. 12-18 months down the line, I moved the machine on and so I don't need the playfield any more.

I think the new "yes I'm committing myself" approach will lower the numbers getting in contact, although making it a maximum 18 months waiting period will help for sure, at least you know that the playfield is very likely coming up.

Quoted from 85vett:

The suggestion would be to cont with the interest part. When you get to the point of being ready for production you send an e-mail to all those on the pre-order/interest list. You advise that everyone has ____ time to respond to commit to a game if they are still interested. Those not responding are removed from the list. You've now effectively reduced the change of people backing out.

This seems like a good idea in my humble opinion...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snux.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-playfield-preorder-system-in-place?tu=Snux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.