Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by stumptown
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

preordercolorcodes_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Uploaded last night at about 1am, with the hopes of announcing this morning. But man, you guys are QUICK Already somebody else had started a thread about it. Well this is my 2 cents to make it "official" :

This new preorder page is about 5 weeks overdue, but we had a bunch of finalizations to finish up that took some time. Now it's ready for the general pinball public to have at it.

The new "look" was meant to clean up the layout so it's easier to understand and follow. We turned the page into three sections, rather than just one. Each section now has a distinct difference from the other. "The Pipe" is finally separated from the pack, so everybody can easily see the 4-5 playfields that we are physically building at any given time. "Standard Preorders" is the group of playfields approved for CPR assignment, following our original traditional Inbox method of placing your preorder. "The Boutique Zone" is a new section that reveals off-the-beaten-path playfield candidates that we MIGHT consider for preorders/production IF we get a good measure of decent demand. We have the artwork, so why not put them up and let the hobby tell US if they are worth bringing to the front burner.

As you can tell, a whole slew of new Inboxes opened up. These represent the updated 2016-2017 production schedule that we hope to achieve. So now you foresee where we are headed, and sign up for orders accordingly. There are several titles on there that people had been wondering about, or beating the table for.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

preordercolorcodes_(resized).jpgpreordercolorcodes_(resized).jpg

KEVIN
    Classic Playfield Reproductions
    http://www.classicplayfields.com

#2 8 years ago

Kevin,

When I placed pre-orders for the TAF and FishTales playfields, I received an auto-response for both with the following:

ADDAMS FAMILY This is an autoresponse message to confirm that your email landed successfully.

When I placed my order this morning for the 8 Ball deluxe playfield, I received an auto-response saying:

EIGHT BALL DELUXE PREORDER - this email is to confirm the receipt of your email into the preorder inbox. If you were sending a preorder, please keep this email as your receipt for date & time of your contact. Please do not send multiples - if you have this response, your preorder is added to the production numbers. If something changes and you must cancel your preorder, please email into the SAME INBOX using the SAME PLAYFIELD LINK at our site, and state your cancellation. You will also get this auto-response to confirm the arrival of that email as well.

Even though the auto-response is different, I'm assuming I'm on the pre-order list for both the TAF and FT playfields as well.

Is that correct?

#3 8 years ago

Yes correct. Autoresponder texts were updated with the update of the page. Now they also explain cancellation procedure, just so nobody can say they didn't know how to undo their preorder.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks Kevin. I'm stoked for Mystic!

#5 8 years ago

Awesome update, Kevin! Can't tell you how happy I am to see Skateball up on the official list. OK, I'll tell ya... I'm frickin' ecstatic!

#6 8 years ago

Kevin, I sent in for the short run of Fathom but never got a confirmation. It was still open so I should be on. Any way to confirm?

#7 8 years ago

Nice job, Kev!

That should reduce the number of Whaaaah threads on Pinside by at least 1%.

...and hey, when are you guys going to do _______????

#8 8 years ago

You'd better make those Sorcerer fields even if I'm the only one who voted for it!

Thanks again CPR - awesome playfield list!

#9 8 years ago

Kevin, Thanks for the updates. What about those of us left on the original whirlwind list (for instance I joined it on 4/6/2012)? Is that original list still being used?

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Kevin, I sent in for the short run of Fathom but never got a confirmation. It was still open so I should be on. Any way to confirm?

I did the same and never got a reply so I emailed and they told me I was number 6 on the list.

#11 8 years ago

Kevin,

You did mean to post that you were going to extend the Centaur and Fathom runs to include more playfields, right? Right?

(Still can't believe I missed those signups ... UGH ... life goes on ).

Ed

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Nice job, Kev!
    That should reduce the number of Whaaaah threads on Pinside by at least 1%.
    ...and hey, when are you guys going to do ______????

A bit over optimistic aren't you Vid???

#13 8 years ago

Thanks Kevin! Really looking forward to the WW!

#14 8 years ago

The notes added for the reasons for delays rather than just saying "delayed" is certainly much more helpful and informative.

#15 8 years ago

I like the separation. the new page is clear, concise and easy to understand.

the only thing that I would love to see for those play fields in the boutique zone is maybe something (percentage sign%) indicating how close a specific play field is to [getting its wings] and moving from the "hope to be produced" to a definitive "it will be produced".

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

The Centaur and Fathom small-runs didn't have autoresponders turned on, as they were slam-bam-quick and over in 3 days. In fact, many of our old 2014-2015 Inboxes had autoresponders turned off. It was because the autoresponders were somehow getting us in trouble with several ISPs in the USA, and triggering IP bans from up here in Canada. When it came time to send out instructions, several guys' emails would bounce with warnings coming back that our ISP was on their blacklist. We assumed the autoresponders were being considered computer-generated spam, so we started with experimenting with stopping their usage to see if it helped. Still undertermined.

So we're back to autoresponders on ALL the inboxes, and we'll see how it goes.

Basic rule of email - if it didn't bounce, it landed.

Quoted from PaulyB18:

Kevin, Thanks for the updates. What about those of us left on the original whirlwind list (for instance I joined it on 4/6/2012)? Is that original list still being used?

We still have all those emails from 2012-2014 from all those old Inboxes. The problem is, they were all under the "old system" where nobody was obligated to buy the playfields. Which we've had horrible luck with the last year or so. Get 80 preorders, make ~80 playfields, and only 40 guys buy. Run after run they start to build up. Waste of time and capital and space. There is no way we can consider a casual no-rules raised hand in 2012 to be a committed buyer we can count on in 2016. So with the launch of these new Inboxes, we'd like to see a fresh join, and a true commitment placed - so we can truly count ACTUAL orders and know how many to produce.

So for some of these old back-burnered runs from 2-4 years ago that had disappeared, we ask everybody to re-submit a fresh 2016 commitment.

It's not a system that's going to guarantee scrubs who bail at the end are 100% eliminated... but it's going to be close. Just like the reduction in shoplifting via security scanners at the exits of a store... there WILL STILL be people who dare to get stolen merchandise through and it will ring, but 95% of potential shoplifters will no longer even attempt. We think people will stick to their word, and word is important in this hobby. That's all we ask. We can easily keep a list of abandoners, and they can certainly go the deposit route in the future if that is how they want to interact with CPR preorders... but we assume most will not. It's easy, just commit to yourself to come through, or simply don't preorder. If something changes, cancel before it reaches The Pipe. There will be lots of time.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

You'd better make those Sorcerer fields even if I'm the only one who voted for it!
    Thanks again CPR - awesome playfield list!

You definitely aren't the only one! *fingers crossed*

#18 8 years ago

Glad I got on he lost for 8 ball deluxe, is there any chance for a taxi re run?

#19 8 years ago

Great news Kevin. Will you be doing backglass and plastics for Kiss? Thanks

#20 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Kevin!

#21 8 years ago

Holy shit! Sorcerer, finally! I almost wanna throw down for two because I love that game and they never have a good PF in them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-new-cpr-2016-playfield-preorder-page and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.