24AD3799-F065-4955-885F-B1FCF8670714 (resized).jpeg
A542E2BD-249F-45B3-A597-8FD46954E102 (resized).jpeg
D384E48B-C463-4AEB-B57D-A57EA993748F (resized).jpeg
15BA5364-7405-46C9-93C3-AA0065D5ED31 (resized).jpeg
1DEFB8FB-0DB2-448E-B3A4-A7FA2573409D (resized).jpeg
94034754-5D84-43B1-9E16-E808A87D665C (resized).jpeg
4B13DD77-B654-4D7E-8876-9FE88B81F039 (resized).jpeg
SmartSelect_20190130-125515_Messenger.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from CalibrunKnight:

My concern is my order number on the deposit email doesn't show up when I log into the site. And I submitted an email inquiry on the subject a week ago and heard nothing back.
Not about to start slinging mud either cause at the end of the day they are the ones doing me the huge favor by even making the playing field.
Just a bit frustrated but a well at least Pinsides here to keep us informed.

Me too. I got the email letting me know as a preorder to click on link to pay for it, which I did. But there was no discernible way to show that I was a preorder and paid. They might see my order and consider it johnny come lately and I'm at the end of the list for a bronze.

4 weeks later
#68 4 years ago

My worry is that when I got the preorder email asking me to pay my deposit, there was nothing on the website to show that I was a preorder buyer. I paid the deposit, but the only way for cpr to know that I was a preorder buyer and not a regular buyer would be to cross reference with the pre-order list.
In the past there have been several pre order buyers that missed out because they got lost in the shuffle. I just want to make sure that I am getting a gold play field.

#69 4 years ago

Have any preorder buyers gotten a confirmation that they have indeed “locked in” to receiving a gold play field?

#74 4 years ago

I understand that I could miss out on a gold if things don't go well in the making of these and you get 40%. But as a pre order I would expect to be higher on the list for a gold than someone that just ordered one recently. I'm just curious how it gets decided who receives a gold and who gets a silver.

3 months later
#93 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I got my final invoice yesterday but I'm not sure the numbers add up so I emailed CPR to work through it. Hopefully we can get it resolved quickly, as I'd love to pay up and get my playfield.

Was the invoice for a gold playfield? Did they say it was ready to ship?

#96 4 years ago

Are we to assume it is a gold unless otherwise stated? Are they all the same price?

#103 4 years ago

I haven’t heard from them yet. Why do I get the feeling I will slip through the cracks of their record keeping.

#115 4 years ago

I played sorcerer practically everyday back in 1985 at the local pizza shop. I remember the beard being mostly white, but I’m ok with it matching the backglass.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don’t have a problem with the subtle color changes but clearly originally ho beard was much more white.

The Sorcerer must have been demoted.

2 months later
#137 4 years ago

Did everyone get their playfield yet? I still haven’t heard anything about mine.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

Did you pay a Deposit for a Silk-Screened version or were you just going with the Digital version?

I was on the preorder and paid the deposit when I got the email. I knew they would screw it up.
I expected to see some people post here when they got theirs but everyone just went silent.

1 week later
#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

I was on the first waiting list , and paid the deposit on a silk screen field , now was told they have no more golds , I am not happy, they need to make this right for everyone who paid 10 months ago and print off some more golds! After all they do not like it if you want to back out from buying a playfield , so please make it right for good customers.

They told me not to worry and that they had a list and records of my place in the queue when I questioned their system. I can pretty much guarantee you I was one of the very first preorders. It was gold or bust for me and I got screwed. I am awaiting their response.

3 weeks later
#145 4 years ago

Well, they screwed me as I knew they would. CPR has lousy record keeping and I never got a notice about my playfield being ready and to pay the balance. Funny, they had no problem contacting me for my deposit due, which I paid within the week and got an email confirmation receipt. That was about a year ago when I paid my deposit and they said my playfield would be ready soon.

I was one of the very first preorders. I deserved a gold playfield or at the very least a response. I tried in 4 different ways to contact CPR but only got one response finally from an assistant who didn’t have the balls to say who he was. He said he will forward my message to Kevin. A month later with still no response I emailed again to that assistant for CPR to just refund my deposit since I sill have not heard anything from them.

Well, at least they refunded my deposit after earning interest on it for a year. But I found it offensive that under the PayPal refund the note said:

“Refund of original Sorcerer Silkscreen Playfield deposit. Customer had hoped a gold grade would be available, doesn’t want to proceed on a Silver($100 off) or Bronze grade ($200 off)”

Nowhere did I say anything in my email about not wanting a silver or bronze. Nowhere was I offered a Silver or Bronze at a discount. So after they screwed up, they just read my last post in this thread after they realized they fucked up. And we’re too cowardly to man up. Or contact me. No apology or nothing. Fucking amateurs.

Email verbatim:

subject: Sorcerer silk Screen Gold Playfield

I was one of the early preorders of this and put my deposit in nearly a year ago when I got the email. Have not heard anything.

Hi Victor,

I will forward this to Kevin as we’ve run short on gold playfield. I’m sorry you were not informed. I have no control over the pre orders and how they are issued.

Thanks,

CPR Staff.

Me a month later:

Still haven’t heard anything so just refund my deposit please.

Thank You

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Its all chronological, first guys on the list get first crack. We literally start at the top of the email list and just go through them in the order the people emailed onto the list. Please keep in mind we are moving more towards Mirco style with digital prints. We'll always do some silkscreening but in comparison its very risky to silk screen. If we get 100 orders and make 100, we'll only have 40 guys buy them and we are stuck with large losses. If instead we anticipate only 40 guys buying them and then make just 40, then 60 guys are pissed at us. The only way that works is if the last guy who wants a PF buy the last PF, otherwise someone gets disappointed. Digital printing though is very different, we can make 8 examples of a title and when we get down to 2 left we can make 8 more. Theoretically we should always have all our titles in stock forever. However, we have used multiple CNC over the years and they all cut a little differently so each of our old PFs have to be prepped and test cut several times to make sure they are perfect. But as the old titles are converted over to the new system they should be available from then on. We have almost 50 PF titles from our past so this is going to take some time, especially as we still want to add new titles as well.

You sir, have no honor. And unless you send me my rightful gold playfield, I will never buy from you again and will shout it from the hilltops to everyone in the pinball community not to deal with this scumbag.
Edit: never mind. I’m over ever dealing with this company. They screwed up the colors on it anyways.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-williams-sorcerer-playfields?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.