24AD3799-F065-4955-885F-B1FCF8670714 (resized).jpeg
A542E2BD-249F-45B3-A597-8FD46954E102 (resized).jpeg
D384E48B-C463-4AEB-B57D-A57EA993748F (resized).jpeg
15BA5364-7405-46C9-93C3-AA0065D5ED31 (resized).jpeg
1DEFB8FB-0DB2-448E-B3A4-A7FA2573409D (resized).jpeg
94034754-5D84-43B1-9E16-E808A87D665C (resized).jpeg
4B13DD77-B654-4D7E-8876-9FE88B81F039 (resized).jpeg
SmartSelect_20190130-125515_Messenger.jpg
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

Mine is paid for now.

#102 4 years ago

Paid on Friday, got my shipping notification today. Still never heard back from CPR about how the invoices align, maybe we'll have that worked out by the time I get around to installing the playfield.

#103 4 years ago

I haven’t heard from them yet. Why do I get the feeling I will slip through the cracks of their record keeping.

#104 4 years ago

I haven’t heard from them either. I was thinking the same thing.

#105 4 years ago

I got mine yesterday, so they are working down the list as always.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from jebu:

I got mine yesterday, so they are working down the list as always.

How’s it look?!?

#107 4 years ago

I talked to kevin yesterday they are gradually working down the list in order it was received.

#108 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered the digital printed ones? Wondering how they look and how long it takes to get them. I would assume that they look great based on the pics posted on the website.

#109 4 years ago

Which list are they working down? List formed a few years ago for preorders or list of when deposits were received?

#110 4 years ago

I'm hoping I hear from them soon. Believe I was on preorder list back in 2016.

#111 4 years ago

UPS brought mine today
My original is pretty faded - so hard to compare the colors.
But I think it looks good.

15BA5364-7405-46C9-93C3-AA0065D5ED31 (resized).jpeg15BA5364-7405-46C9-93C3-AA0065D5ED31 (resized).jpeg94034754-5D84-43B1-9E16-E808A87D665C (resized).jpeg94034754-5D84-43B1-9E16-E808A87D665C (resized).jpegD384E48B-C463-4AEB-B57D-A57EA993748F (resized).jpegD384E48B-C463-4AEB-B57D-A57EA993748F (resized).jpeg24AD3799-F065-4955-885F-B1FCF8670714 (resized).jpeg24AD3799-F065-4955-885F-B1FCF8670714 (resized).jpegA542E2BD-249F-45B3-A597-8FD46954E102 (resized).jpegA542E2BD-249F-45B3-A597-8FD46954E102 (resized).jpeg39867128-211B-4FB2-9811-AF496B8C98C4 (resized).jpeg39867128-211B-4FB2-9811-AF496B8C98C4 (resized).jpeg1DEFB8FB-0DB2-448E-B3A4-A7FA2573409D (resized).jpeg1DEFB8FB-0DB2-448E-B3A4-A7FA2573409D (resized).jpeg4B13DD77-B654-4D7E-8876-9FE88B81F039 (resized).jpeg4B13DD77-B654-4D7E-8876-9FE88B81F039 (resized).jpeg
#112 4 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

UPS brought mine today
But I think it looks good.

Thanks for posting detailed pics - quite a contrast! Registration looks right-on as well.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

UPS brought mine today
But I think it looks good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unwrapped the one plastic and put it on the playfield for comparison.
On my original, the “blue beard” has faded to almost white. So the new one looks a lot different than mine. The new one matches the backglass much better. The plastic matches the playfield well.
*ignore the the white spot / reflection on the photos caused by the overhead can light

053D5363-DE77-4C0E-81F8-BE9C23320040 (resized).jpeg053D5363-DE77-4C0E-81F8-BE9C23320040 (resized).jpeg94C2C7FB-538C-4635-ABE4-105C5C36F3F1 (resized).jpeg94C2C7FB-538C-4635-ABE4-105C5C36F3F1 (resized).jpegF47BC353-4557-4B8B-BBC5-78240F001728 (resized).jpegF47BC353-4557-4B8B-BBC5-78240F001728 (resized).jpeg
#114 4 years ago

That's good news. CPR are perfecting their playfield reproductions. I'm looking forward to Meteor being released.

#115 4 years ago

I played sorcerer practically everyday back in 1985 at the local pizza shop. I remember the beard being mostly white, but I’m ok with it matching the backglass.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I played sorcerer practically everyday back in 1985 at the local pizza shop. I remember the beard being mostly white, but I’m ok with it matching the backglass.

That is interesting, CPR went with more of a blue/grey on the beard (and some other white detail) on the playfield vs. what's pictured on their website (which I'm assuming is the digital print version). I'm good with it too, but it is a noticeable difference.
Sorcerer_Playfield (resized).jpgSorcerer_Playfield (resized).jpg

#117 4 years ago

I had bought a set of plastics from pps. Now I’m worried they won’t match the cpr Sorcerer playfield. I don’t have a problem with the subtle color changes but clearly originally ho beard was much more white. I hope I don’t have to fork out more money to make the plastics match the playfield.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don’t have a problem with the subtle color changes but clearly originally ho beard was much more white.

The Sorcerer must have been demoted.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I had bought a set of plastics from pps. Now I’m worried they won’t match the cpr Sorcerer playfield.

My PPS plastics match the beard color on the silkscreened CPR playfield pretty well. You can see a difference, but the plastic will be sitting a half-inch above the playfield once installed, so I think it will be less noticeable. Skin tone on the CPR playfield is darker than on my original playfield and darker than the PPS plastic. I was pretty worried about that until I pulled the plastic off the machine and laid it on the playfield. The difference isn't as much as I expected.

PPS plastic on CPR silkscreened playfieldPPS plastic on CPR silkscreened playfield
PPS plastic on CPR silkscreened playfieldPPS plastic on CPR silkscreened playfield

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

My PPS plastics match the beard color on the silkscreened CPR playfield pretty well. You can see a difference, but the plastic will be sitting a half-inch above the playfield once installed, so I think it will be less noticeable. Skin tone on the CPR playfield is darker than on my original playfield and darker than the PPS plastic. I was pretty worried about that until I pulled the plastic off the machine and laid it on the playfield. The difference isn't as much as I expected.

I think those match pretty well, better match than on my faded original anyway.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

UPS brought mine today

It looks like your original playfield was the red/blue robe version. The brownish outlane/drain area on your original playfield matches the brown color of the CPR playfield. My drain area is more redish (purple/pink robe playfield), so I was surprised to see it brown on CPR's. Regardless, the new playfield looks good--especially compared to my crusty old playfield.

Original vs. CPR (purple/pink robe)Original vs. CPR (purple/pink robe)

#122 4 years ago

This will be my first repro playfield. I know I'm supposed to let the clear cure out of box for 30-45 days, but have also read that some people install rails to keep the playfield from warping before installation. Anyone that's done this before have thoughts on when to install the rails? I don't want to bind the rails to the clear or otherwise mess up the curing process, so should I wait 45 days before installing the rails?

#123 4 years ago

My Gold playfield arrived today. Overall I'm happy with the product: insert registration looks spot-on, no obvious flaws in visible parts of the playfield other than some minor alignment issues with the upper sorcerer (some of the skin tone bled over into the teeth and eyes, I see that on others' pics here so probably a common issue, and not a huge deal to me). There are black specks in some of the white areas that will lie under plastics, paint doesn't perfectly align with covered lamp holes, and the black border at the top that will also be covered is inconsistently printed. But I'm not concerned about things I won't see once the game is populated. The underside of the playfield was scuffed up and had a few long gouges through to the wood (same as in @MadMaxDad's pic above), but again not something I'll be seeing while playing and I'm sure it'll pick up some more underside scuffs when I do the swap, so no biggie.

I am still a little hung up on the skin tones, I guess the wizards (and their dragons) have been using bronzer. But as a replacement for my worn through playfield this will do very nicely.

One other note, I also ordered the plastic set and when it arrived the bag was torn open and plastics were floating around in the box. On first inspection none seem to be scratched (I assume that's why they've got the protective coating), but a little more tape on CPR's end could have avoided the issue.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I also ordered the plastic set and when it arrived the bag was torn open and plastics were floating around in the box.

Ditto here. At first I was concerned, but everything looks fine.

#125 4 years ago

Another question, anyone planning to put any mylar anywhere on their sorcerer? I know the clearcoat situation is drastically different, but it's hard not to think about it when the area around the slings and between the pops is worn down to wood on my original.

#126 4 years ago

I doubt your Sorcerer will see play like they did in arcades back in the day. You should be just fine without Mylar. I still haven’t been contacted to pay for my playfield yet. I’m bummed.

2 weeks later
#127 4 years ago

I just received my invoice from CPR for balance payment on playfield. Can anyone confirm that CPR is still shipping only Gold playfields?

#128 4 years ago

It should say on your invoice right?

#129 4 years ago

Nothing about grade mentioned on invoice.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I just received my invoice from CPR for balance payment on playfield. Can anyone confirm that CPR is still shipping only Gold playfields?

Can't speak for everyone, but that's what I got. Very happy with it.

#131 4 years ago

To say that I am stoked on this playfield would be an understatement.

It's gorgeous work, and it was worth the wait. Plastics also look fabulous.

Over the next few weeks I'll be putting together a hardware order list to replace nearly all of the hardware when I do the transfer. I'll post here for those interested.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

To say that I am stoked on this playfield would be an understatement.
It's gorgeous work, and it was worth the wait. Plastics also look fabulous.
Over the next few weeks I'll be putting together a hardware order list to replace nearly all of the hardware when I do the transfer. I'll post here for those interested.

That list would be great.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

That list would be great.

Seconded!

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

UPS brought mine today
But I think it looks good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, what a difference! Wish I hadn't had to cancel mine. Needed an emergency house repair - 7 months ago.
If I'd known they wouldn't be shipping til the end of the year I never woulda cancelled.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Wow, what a difference! Wish I hadn't had to cancel mine. Needed an emergency house repair - 7 months ago.
If I'd known they wouldn't be shipping til the end of the year I never woulda cancelled.

There's a guy selling one in the playfield thread -- I think he dropped the price to below MSRP at this point.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfields-you-havent-seen-and-i-havent-seen/page/36#post-5224169

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's a guy selling one in the playfield thread -- I think he dropped the price to below MSRP at this point.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-playfields-you-havent-seen-and-i-havent-seen/page/36#post-5224169

Thank you - I'll check it out -

2 months later
#137 4 years ago

Did everyone get their playfield yet? I still haven’t heard anything about mine.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did everyone get their playfield yet? I still haven’t heard anything about mine.

Did you pay a Deposit for a Silk-Screened version or were you just going with the Digital version?

#139 4 years ago

You might want to email CPR. They told me the golds are gone, only silvers left in silkscreen, and they have digital prints available "to those who are still interested." I gave my deposit pretty late in the process so I was kind of expecting this, but had to email them for an update. Moved my deposit to Barracora instead.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

Did you pay a Deposit for a Silk-Screened version or were you just going with the Digital version?

I was on the preorder and paid the deposit when I got the email. I knew they would screw it up.
I expected to see some people post here when they got theirs but everyone just went silent.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Back in September, received a gold. Grade wasn't mentioned in communication about it ahead of receipt: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-sorcerer-cabinet-stencils/page/35#post-5208686

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Did you get a chance to do this? Would love to see your list!

#143 4 years ago

I was on the first waiting list , and paid the deposit on a silk screen field , now was told they have no more golds , I am not happy, they need to make this right for everyone who paid 10 months ago and print off some more golds! After all they do not like it if you want to back out from buying a playfield , so please make it right for good customers.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

I was on the first waiting list , and paid the deposit on a silk screen field , now was told they have no more golds , I am not happy, they need to make this right for everyone who paid 10 months ago and print off some more golds! After all they do not like it if you want to back out from buying a playfield , so please make it right for good customers.

They told me not to worry and that they had a list and records of my place in the queue when I questioned their system. I can pretty much guarantee you I was one of the very first preorders. It was gold or bust for me and I got screwed. I am awaiting their response.

3 weeks later
#145 4 years ago

Well, they screwed me as I knew they would. CPR has lousy record keeping and I never got a notice about my playfield being ready and to pay the balance. Funny, they had no problem contacting me for my deposit due, which I paid within the week and got an email confirmation receipt. That was about a year ago when I paid my deposit and they said my playfield would be ready soon.

I was one of the very first preorders. I deserved a gold playfield or at the very least a response. I tried in 4 different ways to contact CPR but only got one response finally from an assistant who didn’t have the balls to say who he was. He said he will forward my message to Kevin. A month later with still no response I emailed again to that assistant for CPR to just refund my deposit since I sill have not heard anything from them.

Well, at least they refunded my deposit after earning interest on it for a year. But I found it offensive that under the PayPal refund the note said:

“Refund of original Sorcerer Silkscreen Playfield deposit. Customer had hoped a gold grade would be available, doesn’t want to proceed on a Silver($100 off) or Bronze grade ($200 off)”

Nowhere did I say anything in my email about not wanting a silver or bronze. Nowhere was I offered a Silver or Bronze at a discount. So after they screwed up, they just read my last post in this thread after they realized they fucked up. And we’re too cowardly to man up. Or contact me. No apology or nothing. Fucking amateurs.

Email verbatim:

subject: Sorcerer silk Screen Gold Playfield

I was one of the early preorders of this and put my deposit in nearly a year ago when I got the email. Have not heard anything.

Hi Victor,

I will forward this to Kevin as we’ve run short on gold playfield. I’m sorry you were not informed. I have no control over the pre orders and how they are issued.

Thanks,

CPR Staff.

Me a month later:

Still haven’t heard anything so just refund my deposit please.

Thank You

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from CPR:

Its all chronological, first guys on the list get first crack. We literally start at the top of the email list and just go through them in the order the people emailed onto the list. Please keep in mind we are moving more towards Mirco style with digital prints. We'll always do some silkscreening but in comparison its very risky to silk screen. If we get 100 orders and make 100, we'll only have 40 guys buy them and we are stuck with large losses. If instead we anticipate only 40 guys buying them and then make just 40, then 60 guys are pissed at us. The only way that works is if the last guy who wants a PF buy the last PF, otherwise someone gets disappointed. Digital printing though is very different, we can make 8 examples of a title and when we get down to 2 left we can make 8 more. Theoretically we should always have all our titles in stock forever. However, we have used multiple CNC over the years and they all cut a little differently so each of our old PFs have to be prepped and test cut several times to make sure they are perfect. But as the old titles are converted over to the new system they should be available from then on. We have almost 50 PF titles from our past so this is going to take some time, especially as we still want to add new titles as well.

You sir, have no honor. And unless you send me my rightful gold playfield, I will never buy from you again and will shout it from the hilltops to everyone in the pinball community not to deal with this scumbag.
Edit: never mind. I’m over ever dealing with this company. They screwed up the colors on it anyways.

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-williams-sorcerer-playfields/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.