Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by xeneize
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SmartSelect_20190130-125515_Messenger.jpg
sorc11.jpg
sorc09.jpg
sorc01.jpg
sorc08.jpg
sorc07.jpg
sorc06.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 months ago

My concern is my order number on the deposit email doesn't show up when I log into the site. And I submitted an email inquiry on the subject a week ago and heard nothing back.

Not about to start slinging mud either cause at the end of the day they are the ones doing me the huge favor by even making the playing field.

Just a bit frustrated but a well at least Pinsides here to keep us informed.

#52 3 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I saw a bunch of cut Sorcerer playfields before going to TPF. Saw Mirco at TPF & there was no interaction towards me (still must not know me!).

John, you make like 8 playfields a year. Why would he recognize you?

#53 85 days ago

Any update from CPR on the shipping window for the screen-printed Sorcerer playfields? Eagerly looking forward to seeing how these turn out!

1 week later
#54 77 days ago
Quoted from CalibrunKnight:

My concern is my order number on the deposit email doesn't show up when I log into the site. And I submitted an email inquiry on the subject a week ago and heard nothing back.
Not about to start slinging mud either cause at the end of the day they are the ones doing me the huge favor by even making the playing field.
Just a bit frustrated but a well at least Pinsides here to keep us informed.

Me too. I got the email letting me know as a preorder to click on link to pay for it, which I did. But there was no discernible way to show that I was a preorder and paid. They might see my order and consider it johnny come lately and I'm at the end of the list for a bronze.

#55 76 days ago

I was late on the preorder and put my deposit down 4/25. So you guys already full paid? Figure I might miss out on the silkscreen if that’s the case. At least I can still get the digital print. Glad this is available and I’m not gonna be outta luck either way!

#56 76 days ago
Quoted from shimmydisc:

I was late on the preorder and put my deposit down 4/25. So you guys already full paid? Figure I might miss out on the silkscreen if that’s the case. At least I can still get the digital print. Glad this is available and I’m not gonna be outta luck either way!

I don’t think they’ve asked anyone for full payment yet. We all preordered as well.

#57 76 days ago

Sent in my initial deposit for plastics and the silkscreened playfield. Funny how the delivery timeline is missed again by not just weeks, but going to be months soon.

#58 76 days ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sent in my initial deposit for plastics and the silkscreened playfield. Funny how the delivery timeline is missed again by not just weeks, but going to be months soon.

Make a comment about the quality of a cpr product and cpr will respond. Otherwise it's the waiting game

#59 76 days ago

I don’t mind waiting for silkscreened sorcerer, but I ordered another product they have in stock now and they are waiting to send it with Sorcerer? Or not sending at all. I have no idea because no one has said anything. It’s pretty frustrating. To be honest I don’t even remember when it was supposed to ship.

#60 75 days ago

I had to cancel my silk screened playfield and plastics order unfortunately. Put the deposit down in January but life reared its ugly head and the money had to go elsewhere.

4 weeks later
#61 47 days ago

Anybody have an update on the Sorcerer silkscreened playfilelds? I wish cpr would at least give us an update. I’m getting frustrated especially when Mirco has his done already. I personally don’t like the guy at all for obvious reasons, but radio silence from cpr is just frustrating.

#62 47 days ago

CPR is the best. kevin and co. are awesome and deseve everyones business. plus their product is simply outstanding! I have bought tons from them and hope they put out tons more.

They will look after everyone. Kevin is just very busy and he tries to be there for everyone but its tough when life throws curves all the time. Hang in there and they will be in touch I am sure.
Long live CPR . Best stuff around.
Thanks so much for everything Kevin.

#63 47 days ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I wish cpr would at least give us an update.

Guys,

Always check the posted Status notes in the "In Production" section of our Preorder page at the web site. It's updated every 2-3 weeks. This has been standard fare with our playfield runs for 10+ years. There has never been radio silence. In fact, we debated removing this feature of the site, as it leaves us open to sniping in the 11th hour (which happened a lot last year - wink wink). But we left it, because those waiting found it to be an important resource:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/preorders

Like most busy producers, we don't frequent Pinside like all you guys do. Announcements, basically. In fact, I was asked to come here to make this reply by a customer who told me I likely should.

Quoted from Squeakman:

I’m getting frustrated especially when Mirco has his done already.

Already? Mirco is 4+ months late. We made our digital-print Sorcerers, and shipped them 4+ months ago. Since then, they have been in stock on our web site, and can be bought at any time. They are right here on the rack. Nothing to wait for, since February.

The ones people are waiting for is the big *silkscreened* run/batch that most people opted for. We made and sold the digital ones already, to those who wanted the equivalent of a Mirco, months ago. Everybody has been served in the Sorcerer digital playfield realm, already. Dunno why Mirco even made any.

The silkscreened ones are printing as we speak. Should be done in about 10-12 days. Then onto clearcoat for a couple weeks after that. Once they start exiting clearcoat, we will begin invoicing all the depositors and shipping...

#64 47 days ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Guys,
Always check the posted Status notes in the "In Production" section of our Preorder page at the web site. It's updated every 2-3 weeks. This has been standard fare with our playfield runs for 10+ years. There has never been radio silence. In fact, we debated removing this feature of the site, as it leaves us open to sniping in the 11th hour (which happened a lot last year - wink wink). But we left it, because those waiting found it to be an important resource:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/preorders
Like most busy producers, we don't frequent Pinside like all you guys do. Announcements, basically. In fact, I was asked to come here to make this reply by a customer who told me I likely should.

Already? Mirco is 4+ months late. We made our digital-print Sorcerers, and shipped them 4+ months ago. Since then, they have been in stock on our web site, and can be bought at any time. They are right here on the rack. Nothing to wait for, since February.
The ones people are waiting for is the big *silkscreened* run/batch that most people opted for. We made and sold the digital ones already, to those who wanted the equivalent of a Mirco, months ago. Everybody has been served in the Sorcerer digital playfield realm, already. Dunno why Mirco even made any.
The silkscreened ones are printing as we speak. Should be done in about 10-12 days. Then onto clearcoat for a couple weeks after that. Once they start exiting clearcoat, we will begin invoicing all the depositors and shipping...

Thank you, but you did say 6-8 weeks for silkscreen playfields 4 months ago.
Do you have a realistic projected shipping date?

#65 47 days ago

I think the lack of communication he may be referring to is signing up for a playfield, seeing it go through the steps and not receiving any communication. It leaves you wondering. In my case I had confirmed my spot in the preorder system with you guys via email because I was concerned about not hearing anything. I finally received an email saying that the preorder process has been completed and I could buy a playfield from your website with the rest of the general public and there were no more golds left. This seems to happen a lot and is why people might be concerned.

#66 47 days ago

Just to be clear I am not mad, but I remember reading somewhere here that before you were on vacation they were printed and being cleared and would be shipping a few months ago. I’m basically just looking for a realistic date for these to be done is all really, not that they are in clear coating that really tells me nothing. And yes there is a bit of a scare for me because I have been left out on a run in the past after preordering years in advance(cpr did make this right for me). I will say I saw the pictures of Mircos printing and the colors don’t look right to me. Eapecially the greens seem way off. I do also understand that Mircos playfields are printed and not screened so I understand the process is longer for a screened playfield. I will always prefer a screen printed playfield over digital personally.

#67 47 days ago

I'm not concerned either. I'm sure my Sorcerer can wait a little longer for a fantastic new playfield.
It would just be nice to know what's going on with schedule.

#68 47 days ago

My worry is that when I got the preorder email asking me to pay my deposit, there was nothing on the website to show that I was a preorder buyer. I paid the deposit, but the only way for cpr to know that I was a preorder buyer and not a regular buyer would be to cross reference with the pre-order list.
In the past there have been several pre order buyers that missed out because they got lost in the shuffle. I just want to make sure that I am getting a gold play field.

#69 47 days ago

Have any preorder buyers gotten a confirmation that they have indeed “locked in” to receiving a gold play field?

#70 47 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Have any preorder buyers gotten a confirmation that they have indeed “locked in” to receiving a gold play field?

Nope.

#71 46 days ago

When we screen playfields we aim to have every playfield a Gold but the medium is wood which is a living medium AND silk screening is not an exact science. We usually have about 10% of the fields culled as Silver and Bronze, but Shit Happens as they say and we have had as high as 40% go Silver or Bronze and we won't know until its finished printing. It takes months to get any number of PFs to the point that they can be screened. We can screen roughly one color a day but the white layer takes two because we do it twice to give a GOOD solid base for the layers of color above. This allows the colors to pop better. The long and short of it is a 14 color job can take almost 3 weeks of shop printing time. It basically impossible to go back and reprint the hopefully few Golds and Silvers.

With silk screening we USED to be hooped. Things should be much better now at least in some cases. Now if we silk screened a run and had some Silver or Bronze results we could sand them down and run them through the digital process. If we are using digital prints, like Mirco of course there are no Bronze, they are all as perfect as Mirco's. Because if they are not you just sand them off and do it again. That being said I still prefer a screened PF, it might be the collector in me and in most cases I can't easily tell them apart unless I examine very close up and in some cases with a magnifying glass. The big give away that's its digital is the fades are perfect!! LOL.

It would be impossible for us to promise a GOLD to everyone or, in fact, to anyone at least with silk screen PFs. Most are gold but again its a little bit of a gamble for us.

Mike

#72 46 days ago

Mirco with the attitude.
CPR with the communication.

Blah blah blah.

My pins don’t care, they will need pf’s. Whomever gets them to market wins my money. I’ve supported CPR and Mirco over the years.

#73 46 days ago

I had a deposit on a silkscreen pf months ago (and expected to get it months ago) and had to ask for a refund due to an emergency house repair. Hope I can pick one up in the future. Hated to have to do it because I love the game.

#74 46 days ago

I understand that I could miss out on a gold if things don't go well in the making of these and you get 40%. But as a pre order I would expect to be higher on the list for a gold than someone that just ordered one recently. I'm just curious how it gets decided who receives a gold and who gets a silver.

#75 46 days ago

Its all chronological, first guys on the list get first crack. We literally start at the top of the email list and just go through them in the order the people emailed onto the list. Please keep in mind we are moving more towards Mirco style with digital prints. We'll always do some silkscreening but in comparison its very risky to silk screen. If we get 100 orders and make 100, we'll only have 40 guys buy them and we are stuck with large losses. If instead we anticipate only 40 guys buying them and then make just 40, then 60 guys are pissed at us. The only way that works is if the last guy who wants a PF buy the last PF, otherwise someone gets disappointed. Digital printing though is very different, we can make 8 examples of a title and when we get down to 2 left we can make 8 more. Theoretically we should always have all our titles in stock forever. However, we have used multiple CNC over the years and they all cut a little differently so each of our old PFs have to be prepped and test cut several times to make sure they are perfect. But as the old titles are converted over to the new system they should be available from then on. We have almost 50 PF titles from our past so this is going to take some time, especially as we still want to add new titles as well.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I understand that I could miss out on a gold if things don't go well in the making of these and you get 40%. But as a pre order I would expect to be higher on the list for a gold than someone that just ordered one recently. I'm just curious how it gets decided who receives a gold and who gets a silver.

1 month later
#76 20 hours ago

cpr What is the status of these playfields for those of us that put down a deposit months ago?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pennsville Township, NJ
$ 21.00
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 179.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside