IMG_5111 (resized).JPG
IMG_2753 (resized).JPG
IMG_2752 (resized).JPG
IMG_2749 (resized).JPG
IMG_2748 (resized).JPG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2747 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltmonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

i completely restored my Getaway and was considering this BG but not sure now . Anymore feedback ? No disrespect to CPR as i think they do amazing work but im concerned now on this !

I hear you, and I understand what everyone is saying, but to be honest, the more I look at the CPR the more it grows on me... still not sure what I will do but there is something about the color and tones that I like.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

I just received mine and installed it today. If you are expecting an exact duplicate of the original, then you will be disappointed. I knew what this is. Its a backglass with mirroring made with today's technology. I have an alternative translite that I put in every once in a while and I like that translite. When it is lit, the blues on the CPR backglass are deep. The reds are crisp. The mirroring effect is excellent. When the flashers in the back box go off, they really pop. When you run the ball through the supercharger and it is counting the millions: every loop, the whole backglass goes wickedly dark and then flashes brilliantly again. The supercharger effect is a lot more noticeable with the backglass than with the original translite. This is what impressed me the most. While the definition isn't there with the chick and dude driving the car, at my distance from the backglass, I don't notice it too much and it doesn't drive me bat shit. The effects and the overall presentation of the backglass is excellent. I am not saying this because I paid money for it, so therefore I need to defend my purchase. I am saying that I like it because it looks cool in my pin. So cool that I left it in. This is one pinhead's opinion.

Good news... could you post some pics or a video? I like the tones of the Backglass and I think it coupled with the "light up" panel soon to be available it could be a great combo. Thanks!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I received my backglass yesterday and I'm very happy with it, I really like it better than the original. The mirror backglass gives the game a different look and makes it standout. It makes the pins next to it with regular translites look crappy in comparison. Here's a few pics of what it looks like with the lights on and off, the first pic is of the original translite for comparison. Also, I'm not running LED bulbs.

That looks nice, perhaps that's the key to use only white lights... I'll probably give it a try now.

Just for fun, here's a picture I thought you may like, I got this clock about 25 years ago (not hijacking the thread)

Budman clock (resized).jpgBudman clock (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#33 6 years ago

I just recently received my Back Glass from CPR and I must say that I really like the way it looks. As some have mentioned, it's not super hi-res but the colors, tones and over all appearance is awesome. The mirror effect is great when the machine is off but does not translate well in photos and does it does not standout when the machine is turned on but it's a nice bonus. There is no reflection issues and over all it make the translate look old and out dated.

Backglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpgBackglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Looks good. I'll need to order one. Any US distributors carrying it?

Just buy it from CPR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltmonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-getaway-translite-to-backglass?tu=tiltmonster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.