IMG_2748 (resized).JPG
IMG_2746 (resized).JPG
IMG_2747 (resized).JPG
IMG_2745 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

ANNOUNCEMENT

Williams HIGH SPEED II - The Getaway
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS

Run is finished and shipping now. The classic translite converted into a real mirrored & silkscreened tempered glass, intended for complete replacement of the translite (if faded or shoddy) and/or a "pimp up" of the machine.

Stu's mirror bits are shown in our detailed photo gallery:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo196.html

Available now in the Backglass section of the CPR Store:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

hs2glass01.jpghs2glass01.jpg

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

ANNOUNCEMENT
Williams HIGH SPEED II - The Getaway
TRANSLITE-TO-BACKGLASS
Run is finished and shipping now. The classic translite converted into a real mirrored & silkscreened tempered glass, intended for complete replacement of the translite (if faded or shoddy) and/or a "pimp up" of the machine.
Stu's mirror bits are shown in our detailed photo gallery:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo196.html
Available now in the Backglass section of the CPR Store:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

That looks great.

#3 7 years ago

Wow, nice work CPR!

#4 7 years ago

That looks really great. I would upgrade every game with a translite this way if given the opportunity

#5 7 years ago

I purchased and received my Getaway mirrores bg today. I held it side by side to my original, intact translite, and boy was I disappointed.

The colors are extremely dark on the bg. The mirrored lines are rhe only improvement, and the rest is worse in every way in my opinion. The characters, and girl in particular look pixelated at the edges, like a blown up poor res scan. their faces are missing definition lines. The mountains and blue areas are so dark blue, they also lack a ton of detail. I can't even tell its snow. Much of the mtn detail is missing, etc. Color saturation and resolution look awful to me. Really bummed. I mean my colors are getting a little washes out, and theirs are brighter, but look at the missing detail in comparison? Only had second for comparison photos but can take more later.

IMG_2698 (resized).JPGIMG_2698 (resized).JPG

IMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2699 (resized).JPG

IMG_2700 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPG

IMG_2701 (resized).JPGIMG_2701 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

Why does the one you posted look so much lighter on the blues than what I received?

#7 7 years ago

Take pics of it lit and installed of both then show us the comparison.

#8 7 years ago

How does it look in the game ? Backlit it may look very different?

#9 7 years ago

Will do wasn't home for long. stay tuned.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Take pics of it lit and installed of both then show us the comparison.

Yeah, agreed, would like to see light behind it.
Also, you know, at the same angle.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I purchased and received my Getaway mirrores bg today. I held it side by side to my original, intact translite, and boy was I disappointed.

Here's the thing, and Stu yelled at me for telling everyone about this with the Elvira backglass conversion, but the truth is the new ones will never look like the originals.

The reason is that the originals were done with a photographic process, RGB (red green blue) and the new ones are done with process color, CMYK (cyan magenta yellow black).

It's simply impossible to make the new ones match the old ones. The two methods just produce different results, and it's impossible to make them match.

No disrespect to CPR intended, but it's just a simple fact, and anyone buying them should be aware of what they're buying. If your translite is in great shape you just need to balance out the decision between the colors and presentation not looking the same vs getting cool mirroring. And the mirroring is very cool, I'm not trying to make CPR look bad. But if you don't understand the process you're probably going to be disappointed.

#12 7 years ago

OK sorry for the day delay. before and after photos (orig and new) attached. keep in mind this is backlit by a combination of single clear flat top white leds, and 4-led super brite whites as shown.

(i hate typing on phones vs. a kb btw so ignore the short hand).

The lights help add some definition to their mtns yes. it also shows the lower resolution of all of the graphics. blues are still too saturated imo. car edges, lettering is fuzzier. cop car lights fuzzy. people's faces fuzzy. its a deeper blue and red than my original and the mirroring lines are cool, but the rest is all much poorer looking to me. Disappointed.

Hey I completely understand if you don't have a good translite this is a good alternative, but I had hoped for a really sharp replacement.

IMG_2738 (resized).JPGIMG_2738 (resized).JPG

IMG_2739 (resized).JPGIMG_2739 (resized).JPG

IMG_2740 (resized).JPGIMG_2740 (resized).JPG

IMG_2741 (resized).JPGIMG_2741 (resized).JPG

IMG_2742 (resized).JPGIMG_2742 (resized).JPG

IMG_2743 (resized).JPGIMG_2743 (resized).JPG

IMG_2744 (resized).JPGIMG_2744 (resized).JPG

IMG_2745 (resized).JPGIMG_2745 (resized).JPG

IMG_2747 (resized).JPGIMG_2747 (resized).JPG

IMG_2746 (resized).JPGIMG_2746 (resized).JPG

IMG_2748 (resized).JPGIMG_2748 (resized).JPG

IMG_2749 (resized).JPGIMG_2749 (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

Yeech. Cpr''s almost look like it was color bombed with blue GI.

Disappointing

#14 7 years ago

Heres my pf btw - i still have to install the petg protectors, and im replacing the posts w red and blue super band posts. This has 3 cars from the correct year and cities the game represents (i will eventually wire up leds to the lights for flashing), the mtn mod, 4-led red/grn/org/wht/yel super brite leds in all inserts, frosted white domes with somw frostes green accents up top. Pinball life's new "perfect bands" (which rock) in blie and red, etc.

IMG_2752 (resized).JPGIMG_2752 (resized).JPG

IMG_2753 (resized).JPGIMG_2753 (resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago

Thanks for the pics!

Interesting - studying the two images of the car, and ignoring the horrible blue tone (if this was a monitor, I'd tell them to turn down the 'Blue Drive' on the neck board!), it appears as if the contract has been pushed up some; pushed up too much.
Comparing the driver's fingers - the darker brown lines separating the fingers in the translite are black in the glass.

#16 7 years ago

Like the overly blue space shuttle backglasses? Better than nothing I guess.

#17 7 years ago

I actually think the blue on the CPR glass looks pretty good maybe a bit dark with the machine off, but not bad

#18 7 years ago

i completely restored my Getaway and was considering this BG but not sure now . Anymore feedback ? No disrespect to CPR as i think they do amazing work but im concerned now on this !

#19 7 years ago

The definition of the passenger's hair appears to be completely lost, especially on the left side (her right), it's just a big blob where there was clear detail before. I hope it looks better in person than these pictures show.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

i completely restored my Getaway and was considering this BG but not sure now . Anymore feedback ? No disrespect to CPR as i think they do amazing work but im concerned now on this !

I hear you, and I understand what everyone is saying, but to be honest, the more I look at the CPR the more it grows on me... still not sure what I will do but there is something about the color and tones that I like.

#21 7 years ago

It's a different take on the original BG as opposed to a faithful recreation. There is a loss of detail and they did push the blues way up to give it some more impact, that's pretty clear from the pictures they have posted on their website. It just depends on your preferences whether you'll like it or not. I always thought the original was kind of lacking and a little boring, so I like what they did with it, although I do wish they had retained more detail in it. Anyway I have one coming and I'm not using LEDs so when I get it installed I'll post some pictures on here.

#22 7 years ago

Trust me - in person the loss of definition is worse. I took pics with an HD iphone SE cam. I put the CPR bg back in the box for now

#23 7 years ago

Any response from cpr? Did you just get a shitty printed one or is this standard?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Any response from cpr? Did you just get a shitty printed one or is this standard?

Good question. CPR ?

#25 7 years ago

I just received mine and installed it today. If you are expecting an exact duplicate of the original, then you will be disappointed. I knew what this is. Its a backglass with mirroring made with today's technology. I have an alternative translite that I put in every once in a while and I like that translite. When it is lit, the blues on the CPR backglass are deep. The reds are crisp. The mirroring effect is excellent. When the flashers in the back box go off, they really pop. When you run the ball through the supercharger and it is counting the millions: every loop, the whole backglass goes wickedly dark and then flashes brilliantly again. The supercharger effect is a lot more noticeable with the backglass than with the original translite. This is what impressed me the most. While the definition isn't there with the chick and dude driving the car, at my distance from the backglass, I don't notice it too much and it doesn't drive me bat shit. The effects and the overall presentation of the backglass is excellent. I am not saying this because I paid money for it, so therefore I need to defend my purchase. I am saying that I like it because it looks cool in my pin. So cool that I left it in. This is one pinhead's opinion.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

I just received mine and installed it today. If you are expecting an exact duplicate of the original, then you will be disappointed. I knew what this is. Its a backglass with mirroring made with today's technology. I have an alternative translite that I put in every once in a while and I like that translite. When it is lit, the blues on the CPR backglass are deep. The reds are crisp. The mirroring effect is excellent. When the flashers in the back box go off, they really pop. When you run the ball through the supercharger and it is counting the millions: every loop, the whole backglass goes wickedly dark and then flashes brilliantly again. The supercharger effect is a lot more noticeable with the backglass than with the original translite. This is what impressed me the most. While the definition isn't there with the chick and dude driving the car, at my distance from the backglass, I don't notice it too much and it doesn't drive me bat shit. The effects and the overall presentation of the backglass is excellent. I am not saying this because I paid money for it, so therefore I need to defend my purchase. I am saying that I like it because it looks cool in my pin. So cool that I left it in. This is one pinhead's opinion.

Thanks for this Budfan , ive been on the fence about buying this but im thinking i will. Im not really concerened about a little lack of detail if the overall effect is much better and thats the impression im getting from you.
BTW...shitty game last night against Washington but we will lock up a playoff spot tomorrow against Tampa!! (die hard Leaf fan here) !!!

#27 7 years ago

No problem Superbee. I love my Getaway. I have no problem with mods and that is what this is. Its a mod. Tastefully done.
Yes, i turned it off and played pinball after the second period. Tomorrow night we leafs fans will hopefully get to celebrate being back in the playoffs after 4 years of missing it, let alone missing ten years of playoffs before that. The future looks bright!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

The future looks bright!

That it does !! Ive never been more excited to be a Leafs fan in all these years. The Ballard years finally seem so in the past now ! Last time they won the cup was the year i was born.

Quoted from Budfan:

Tastefully done.

Cool !

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Good news... could you post some pics or a video? I like the tones of the Backglass and I think it coupled with the "light up" panel soon to be available it could be a great combo. Thanks!

#30 7 years ago

I received my backglass yesterday and I'm very happy with it, I really like it better than the original. The mirror backglass gives the game a different look and makes it standout. It makes the pins next to it with regular translites look crappy in comparison. Here's a few pics of what it looks like with the lights on and off, the first pic is of the original translite for comparison. Also, I'm not running LED bulbs.

IMG_5111 (resized).JPGIMG_5111 (resized).JPG
IMG_5154 (resized).JPGIMG_5154 (resized).JPG
IMG_5158 (resized).JPGIMG_5158 (resized).JPG

IMG_5156 (resized).JPGIMG_5156 (resized).JPG

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I received my backglass yesterday and I'm very happy with it, I really like it better than the original. The mirror backglass gives the game a different look and makes it standout. It makes the pins next to it with regular translites look crappy in comparison. Here's a few pics of what it looks like with the lights on and off, the first pic is of the original translite for comparison. Also, I'm not running LED bulbs.

That looks nice, perhaps that's the key to use only white lights... I'll probably give it a try now.

Just for fun, here's a picture I thought you may like, I got this clock about 25 years ago (not hijacking the thread)

Budman clock (resized).jpgBudman clock (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That looks nice, perhaps that's the key to use only white lights... I'll probably give it a try now.
Just for fun, here's a picture I thought you may like, I got this clock about 25 years ago (not hijacking the thread)

Nice, thanks for the pic! I'm always on the lookout for rare Budweiser themed merch you don't see everywhere. Here's a few of mine.

IMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPG

IMG_0073 (resized).JPGIMG_0073 (resized).JPG

IMG_0074 (resized).JPGIMG_0074 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#33 6 years ago

I just recently received my Back Glass from CPR and I must say that I really like the way it looks. As some have mentioned, it's not super hi-res but the colors, tones and over all appearance is awesome. The mirror effect is great when the machine is off but does not translate well in photos and does it does not standout when the machine is turned on but it's a nice bonus. There is no reflection issues and over all it make the translate look old and out dated.

Backglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpgBackglass old vs new 2 (resized).jpg

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I just recently received my Back Glass from CPR and I must say that I really like the way it looks. As some have mentioned, it's not super hi-res but the colors, tones and over all appearance is awesome. The mirror effect is great when the machine is off but does not translate well in photos and does it does not standout when the machine is turned on but it's a nice bonus. There is no reflection issues and over all it make the translate look old and out dated.

Looks good. I'll need to order one. Any US distributors carrying it?

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Looks good. I'll need to order one. Any US distributors carrying it?

Just buy it from CPR

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Just buy it from CPR

Will do. I need to order other parts and was going to consolidate shipping, but no biggie.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Any US distributors carrying it?

You guys need to order from our country for a change !

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-getaway-translite-to-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.