(Topic ID: 220220)

Announce: CPR BEGINS its NEW BUSINESS MODEL

By KevinCPR

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180727_192832775 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180727_220333416 (resized).jpg
    d47f01a1e935e1c63ea813c72490ae9f4976ff99 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4502 (resized).JPG
    marilynfuneral3 (resized).jpg
    0d175e7d70956cfc6ee2e23d9326dbbfe06015b1 (resized).jpg
    910gRBsXpuL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Light Shield M-1330-107-2 graphic comparison small (resized).jpg
    Bambi full (resized).jpg
    kleenex4 (resized).jpg
    jrw-fc-01_fv (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    the_misfits_tri_cg_pop_art_by_zombis_cannibal-d4l7rlg (resized).jpg
    ghost_bc___papa_emeritus_by_queen_aquene-dapgg8d.png (resized).jpg
    sc00002d0c[2] (resized).png
    d14cd32a2a194d99cf7189a36159253e833e02ba (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#318 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Digital is the future. Purist silk screen lovers will be dinosaurs. Sort of like restoring any old hot rod and asking for hardware store paint like it was in the 1900s, brush painted on, done every year because it flaked off that fast, cause that's the original purest way of things. What's next, keeping your game as an original "survivor", calling all the damage "patina"?

Except silkscreening still allows things not possible with digital..

Quoted from leonml:

Any "unique" color limitations will soon be history

Not with the technology being used today...

Quoted from leonml:

Besides that, most can't agree what the original colors of many playfield should be because there's no reliable record, and variances in the original production of said playfield

The original colors are known... it's that there are lots of variations in what was produced.

Quoted from leonml:

What I'd like to see is someone produce playfields that are cleared to the aftermarket standards of kruzman, which should also be a minimal additional cost because it's all done at the same time

Uhmmm.. no. The very reason a kruzman clear job is different... is why its so difficult to do in production. TIME.

Mirco already addresses the technology side of the equation by clearing in controlled spaces, consistency, etc.

Digital speeds up the print process and reduces steps. It's not changing the other pieces.

#321 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

My point is that the technology in digital is very very close to to taking care of the minor color issues. What does it allow over digital? Some colors? Metallic?

Building layers... paints that blend materials like metallics, neons, UV sensitive just to name a few.

Quoted from leonml:

Also, they don't have every produced games original colors, do they? Doubt it.

The point being - digital isn't helping here. This isn't some new place improved by digital.

Quoted from leonml:

Please explain, other then hand sanding a playfield and assuring a level clear, which could be done by machine, what other then time is he doing?

Why don't you ask him? And ask him why he doesn't just use a machine? Do you really think the difference in output is simply because no one has thought about automating it yet?

As I said before... the biggest issue is TIME... which is the enemy when trying to do things in volume. They already use power tools. The issues revolve around time inbetween steps. It's just not 'I'll throw on 3 coats'. It's the sanding, prep, and curing all in there as well. Robots are not time machines, nor are they really good at variations. Kuzman jobs take months... not something you want in a factory setting.

#326 5 years ago
    Quoted from 64bsstp:

Seems to me part of the issue is the anal demand for perfection. What are you really trying to accomplish with a perfect playfield? If I could still buy original new playfields for $120 I would go that route over these $800 clearcoated masterpieces every day. I want a solid smooth surface that has all the graphics on it for the purpose of playing the game. I know that's not enough for some but I just want to play pinball.

And that's what people like Mirco offer today..

This tangent was started because someone did want the anal perfect clearcoat (kuzman) and thought it should just happen because of volume increases...

3 months later
    #340 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Are the hot pink and neon green printable colors? I thought there was some issue with that.

Neither are really extreme... I bet they can print something pretty close. The pink isn’t really neon... and the green they might do something more muted.

But yes, there are limits to what they can print.

#344 5 years ago

They've already acknowledged their first run screen print PFs will have colors or features they may not reproduce on a direct print PF... but that was not going to stop them from doing direct print PFs for follow-up runs. Basically they would have two versions of the PF... first runs and later/on-demand runs that could differ depending on the product.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-begins-its-new-business-model?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.