1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 190 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180727_192832775 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180727_220333416 (resized).jpg
    d47f01a1e935e1c63ea813c72490ae9f4976ff99 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4502 (resized).JPG
    marilynfuneral3 (resized).jpg
    0d175e7d70956cfc6ee2e23d9326dbbfe06015b1 (resized).jpg
    910gRBsXpuL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Light Shield M-1330-107-2 graphic comparison small (resized).jpg
    Bambi full (resized).jpg
    kleenex4 (resized).jpg
    jrw-fc-01_fv (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    the_misfits_tri_cg_pop_art_by_zombis_cannibal-d4l7rlg (resized).jpg
    ghost_bc___papa_emeritus_by_queen_aquene-dapgg8d.png (resized).jpg
    sc00002d0c[2] (resized).png
    d14cd32a2a194d99cf7189a36159253e833e02ba (resized).jpg

There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 8 months ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

By donor, I mean "loan to us, we send it back - with a reward" ... not donor as in "donate it, never get i back"

Ahem...a loaner perhaps?

#352 8 months ago

We're a couple months behind, as mirrored backglass versions are next. But those are going into the pipe in short order. In fact, our first crack at it was the Banai Run mirrored bezel - which is available now. PB glasses are current. Then onto the others, one every couple weeks for the rest of the year.

As for playfields, the count (and backfilling) of insert inventory has been going on since September. The molding factory in Chicago is very very slow to fill orders (3-6 months). A spreadsheet is being built as we speak, which tracks which playfield "recipies" can be made, based on inserts & colors on hand. Once that is up and working, and filled with final data - we will know which titles can be offered first, then others later, etc. Launching the ol' CPR legacy playfield titles will roll out fairly quickly after that.

Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

1 month later
    #353 6 months ago

Any idea when earthshaker will be run again?

thanks

#354 6 months ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Any idea when earthshaker will be run again?
    thanks

I believe you can still get one here:
    https://www.starship-fantasy.com/playfields

#355 6 months ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

We're a couple months behind, as mirrored backglass versions are next. But those are going into the pipe in short order. In fact, our first crack at it was the Banai Run mirrored bezel - which is available now. PB glasses are current. Then onto the others, one every couple weeks for the rest of the year.
    As for playfields, the count (and backfilling) of insert inventory has been going on since September. The molding factory in Chicago is very very slow to fill orders (3-6 months). A spreadsheet is being built as we speak, which tracks which playfield "recipies" can be made, based on inserts & colors on hand. Once that is up and working, and filled with final data - we will know which titles can be offered first, then others later, etc. Launching the ol' CPR legacy playfield titles will roll out fairly quickly after that.
    Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

What's up with pps blocking you guys from doing indy Jones playfields?

#356 6 months ago

Thanks, how did i miss that as i did check there site!

#357 6 months ago

Will you ever do Williams Grand Prix (1976)?

2 months later
    #358 4 months ago

KevinCPR,

How is the insert inventory / spreadsheet coming along? Almost ready for on-demand production of playfields?

Thanks,

WP

3 weeks later
    #359 3 months ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

KevinCPR,
    How is the insert inventory / spreadsheet coming along? Almost ready for on-demand production of playfields?
    Thanks,
    WP

Interested as well.... saw that all the Cyclone PFs are sold out everywhere...

#360 3 months ago

This is great for 2 reasons.

1. It is just great.
    2. It kills the 500% mark-ups on products that re-sellers scooped up.

#361 3 months ago

Totally. It also helps with the playfield hoarders that just have them in the closet and will never install, because they are afraid of the resellers.

2 months later
    #362 19 days ago

Any update on when playfields will be available from the digital process?

#363 19 days ago
    Quoted from mjalexan:

Any update on when playfields will be available from the digital process?

This x1000!! We need CPR to open up its archived art to produce new playfields that are in high demand instead of producing a bunch of toppers!

#364 19 days ago

fyi: their toppers are out-selling their plastics right now.....

Quoted from AUKraut:

instead of producing a bunch of toppers!

they are still trying to figure out a way to purchase and "stock" over 53 different Insert skews and in all colors, it's a $350,000 Investment!

Quoted from AUKraut:

We need CPR to open up its archived art to produce new playfields that are in high demand

#365 19 days ago
    Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

fyi: their toppers are out-selling their plastics right now!...

That can't be true can it?

#366 19 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That can't be true can it?

I talk to Stu all the time on the phone.....they are selling +/- 28 Toppers/Month as compared to an average of 20 Sets of Plastics/Month.

Also Note: CPR no longer announces new products here on pinside, the site is just too toxic anymore, in fact most of the Parts Manufactures and Game manufacturers have left pinside for this reason. CPR does use Facebook and has a huge following there. They advertise their New Products on Facebook as well as Stu puts 2-3 different Toppers on Sale every week on Facebook.

Further Note: pinside is not the be-all-to end-all of Pinball Collectors. There are a ton of people that hate pinside and never post here, But they do still collect & buy Parts and are followers/customers of CPR on Facebook.

Last Note: There are a lot of people that are Not collectors but Do have pinball machines in their homes or garages that they bought as a novelty at garage/yard sales. Since these people are not collectors they have no idea of Where to buy parts from when things break, thus the first place they go when they need something is eBay. CPR sells on eBay for just this reason, and when these "novelty/non-collectors" find CPR and see the Toppers they are an instant sell.

You have to understand Marketing, Stu is an expert, and you have to understand your market. Per CPR: pinside people are about 45% of their total sales. Keep this in mind when they sell out of products, like Pre-Order Playfields, and people come on here posting "am I the only 1 that bought this?" No, you are not.

#367 19 days ago

Well when 45% of their people quit buying their product will see how much longer he stays in business

#368 19 days ago

Sure sure I understand marketing and however they do their business is up to them. I just can't believe the topper thing since they look like they were made by mercury infested children.
    Whilst drunk.

#369 19 days ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Well when 45% of their people quit buying their product

CPR has been in business since 2005, 14 Years now, I think they are doing something right......

#370 19 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I just can't believe the topper thing

talk to Stu on facebook instead of "guessing" or starting conjecture, if you send a PM he is the one that answers it......

#371 19 days ago

I'm very curious to see the final product. I use a flatbed UV ink printer and it is capable of very good colour matching and resolution but nothing can come close to spot colours from inks. You can never with my type of machine get the deep vivid colours or anything neon.
    I know they can't say but I'd like to know what machine is capable of this. Very interesting.
    Maybe it could open the market again to me doing art reproduction for boutique runs.

#372 19 days ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'm very curious to see the final product. I use a flatbed UV ink printer and it is capable of very good colour matching and resolution but nothing can come close to spot colours from inks. You can never with my type of machine get the deep vivid colours or anything neon.
    I know they can't say but I'd like to know what machine is capable of this. Very interesting.
    Maybe it could open the market again to me doing art reproduction for boutique runs.

They will not share what printer/equipment they are using. However, there are very high end products that are not just CMYK, but CMYK + (usually something like ability to add white, clear, orange, gold, silver, etc., or multiples in addition to basic 4 or 6 CMYK colors). This provides for a much more extensive color gamut and the ability to hit some of the more neon bright colors.

#373 19 days ago

Interesting. I've never come across adding orange. But ya that just might do it. I'll have to look into it.
    Thanks.

#374 17 days ago

I had thought they need to do one screen for neon orange or other super bright colors and digitally print the rest. Maybe that was another vendor of playfields.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside