(Topic ID: 220220)

Announce: CPR BEGINS its NEW BUSINESS MODEL

By KevinCPR

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180727_192832775 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180727_220333416 (resized).jpg
    d47f01a1e935e1c63ea813c72490ae9f4976ff99 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4502 (resized).JPG
    marilynfuneral3 (resized).jpg
    0d175e7d70956cfc6ee2e23d9326dbbfe06015b1 (resized).jpg
    910gRBsXpuL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Light Shield M-1330-107-2 graphic comparison small (resized).jpg
    Bambi full (resized).jpg
    kleenex4 (resized).jpg
    jrw-fc-01_fv (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    the_misfits_tri_cg_pop_art_by_zombis_cannibal-d4l7rlg (resized).jpg
    ghost_bc___papa_emeritus_by_queen_aquene-dapgg8d.png (resized).jpg
    sc00002d0c[2] (resized).png
    d14cd32a2a194d99cf7189a36159253e833e02ba (resized).jpg
    There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

By donor, I mean "loan to us, we send it back - with a reward" ... not donor as in "donate it, never get i back"

Ahem...a loaner perhaps?

#352 5 years ago

We're a couple months behind, as mirrored backglass versions are next. But those are going into the pipe in short order. In fact, our first crack at it was the Banai Run mirrored bezel - which is available now. PB glasses are current. Then onto the others, one every couple weeks for the rest of the year.

As for playfields, the count (and backfilling) of insert inventory has been going on since September. The molding factory in Chicago is very very slow to fill orders (3-6 months). A spreadsheet is being built as we speak, which tracks which playfield "recipies" can be made, based on inserts & colors on hand. Once that is up and working, and filled with final data - we will know which titles can be offered first, then others later, etc. Launching the ol' CPR legacy playfield titles will roll out fairly quickly after that.

Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

1 month later
    #353 5 years ago

Any idea when earthshaker will be run again?

thanks

#354 5 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Any idea when earthshaker will be run again?
    thanks

I believe you can still get one here:
    https://www.starship-fantasy.com/playfields

#355 5 years ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

We're a couple months behind, as mirrored backglass versions are next. But those are going into the pipe in short order. In fact, our first crack at it was the Banai Run mirrored bezel - which is available now. PB glasses are current. Then onto the others, one every couple weeks for the rest of the year.
    As for playfields, the count (and backfilling) of insert inventory has been going on since September. The molding factory in Chicago is very very slow to fill orders (3-6 months). A spreadsheet is being built as we speak, which tracks which playfield "recipies" can be made, based on inserts & colors on hand. Once that is up and working, and filled with final data - we will know which titles can be offered first, then others later, etc. Launching the ol' CPR legacy playfield titles will roll out fairly quickly after that.
    Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

What's up with pps blocking you guys from doing indy Jones playfields?

#356 5 years ago

Thanks, how did i miss that as i did check there site!

#357 5 years ago

Will you ever do Williams Grand Prix (1976)?

2 months later
    #358 4 years ago

@KevinCPR,

How is the insert inventory / spreadsheet coming along? Almost ready for on-demand production of playfields?

Thanks,

WP

3 weeks later
    #359 4 years ago
    Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

KevinCPR,
    How is the insert inventory / spreadsheet coming along? Almost ready for on-demand production of playfields?
    Thanks,
    WP

Interested as well.... saw that all the Cyclone PFs are sold out everywhere...

#360 4 years ago

This is great for 2 reasons.

1. It is just great.
    2. It kills the 500% mark-ups on products that re-sellers scooped up.

#361 4 years ago

Totally. It also helps with the playfield hoarders that just have them in the closet and will never install, because they are afraid of the resellers.

2 months later
    #362 4 years ago

Any update on when playfields will be available from the digital process?

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjalexan:

Any update on when playfields will be available from the digital process?

This x1000!! We need CPR to open up its archived art to produce new playfields that are in high demand instead of producing a bunch of toppers!

#364 4 years ago

fyi: their toppers are out-selling their plastics right now.....

Quoted from AUKraut:

instead of producing a bunch of toppers!

they are still trying to figure out a way to purchase and "stock" over 53 different Insert skews and in all colors, it's a $350,000 Investment!

Quoted from AUKraut:

We need CPR to open up its archived art to produce new playfields that are in high demand

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

fyi: their toppers are out-selling their plastics right now!...

That can't be true can it?

#366 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That can't be true can it?

I talk to Stu all the time on the phone.....they are selling +/- 28 Toppers/Month as compared to an average of 20 Sets of Plastics/Month.

Also Note: CPR no longer announces new products here on pinside, the site is just too toxic anymore, in fact most of the Parts Manufactures and Game manufacturers have left pinside for this reason. CPR does use Facebook and has a huge following there. They advertise their New Products on Facebook as well as Stu puts 2-3 different Toppers on Sale every week on Facebook.

Further Note: pinside is not the be-all-to end-all of Pinball Collectors. There are a ton of people that hate pinside and never post here, But they do still collect & buy Parts and are followers/customers of CPR on Facebook.

Last Note: There are a lot of people that are Not collectors but Do have pinball machines in their homes or garages that they bought as a novelty at garage/yard sales. Since these people are not collectors they have no idea of Where to buy parts from when things break, thus the first place they go when they need something is eBay. CPR sells on eBay for just this reason, and when these "novelty/non-collectors" find CPR and see the Toppers they are an instant sell.

You have to understand Marketing, Stu is an expert, and you have to understand your market. Per CPR: pinside people are about 45% of their total sales. Keep this in mind when they sell out of products, like Pre-Order Playfields, and people come on here posting "am I the only 1 that bought this?" No, you are not.

#367 4 years ago

Well when 45% of their people quit buying their product will see how much longer he stays in business

#368 4 years ago

Sure sure I understand marketing and however they do their business is up to them. I just can't believe the topper thing since they look like they were made by mercury infested children.
    Whilst drunk.

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Well when 45% of their people quit buying their product

CPR has been in business since 2005, 14 Years now, I think they are doing something right......

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I just can't believe the topper thing

talk to Stu on facebook instead of "guessing" or starting conjecture, if you send a PM he is the one that answers it......

#371 4 years ago

I'm very curious to see the final product. I use a flatbed UV ink printer and it is capable of very good colour matching and resolution but nothing can come close to spot colours from inks. You can never with my type of machine get the deep vivid colours or anything neon.
    I know they can't say but I'd like to know what machine is capable of this. Very interesting.
    Maybe it could open the market again to me doing art reproduction for boutique runs.

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'm very curious to see the final product. I use a flatbed UV ink printer and it is capable of very good colour matching and resolution but nothing can come close to spot colours from inks. You can never with my type of machine get the deep vivid colours or anything neon.
    I know they can't say but I'd like to know what machine is capable of this. Very interesting.
    Maybe it could open the market again to me doing art reproduction for boutique runs.

They will not share what printer/equipment they are using. However, there are very high end products that are not just CMYK, but CMYK + (usually something like ability to add white, clear, orange, gold, silver, etc., or multiples in addition to basic 4 or 6 CMYK colors). This provides for a much more extensive color gamut and the ability to hit some of the more neon bright colors.

#373 4 years ago

Interesting. I've never come across adding orange. But ya that just might do it. I'll have to look into it.
    Thanks.

#374 4 years ago

I had thought they need to do one screen for neon orange or other super bright colors and digitally print the rest. Maybe that was another vendor of playfields.

4 months later
    #375 4 years ago

Anyone talk to or use CPR about one off plastic production under the new model? That is onesie twosie pieces of commonly broken pieces, not an entire set.

#376 4 years ago

Sure would be nice if they would finally make The Rolling Stones PF, was on the waitlist for quite a while and now gone.

#377 4 years ago

I had lost this thread for a while, but it just popped up. I reached out to CPR recently concerning a made to order, ie one playfield as needed. I was advised that that was posted incorrectly and they will not be doing this at all...I can get the exact reply if needed, but that is the latest I've hear of.

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

I had lost this thread for a while, but it just popped up. I but reached out to CPR recently concerning made to order, ie one playfield as needed. I was advised that that was posted incorrectly and they will not be doing this at all...I can get the exact reply if needed, but that is the latest I've hear of.

Makes sense with playfields, as there is also time on the router, inventory needs for inserts, and all that stuff.

But I am curious to see if some of their previous runs of backglasses will hit the market again, particularly Haunted House.

-Hans

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

I had lost this thread for a while, but it just popped up. I but reached out to CPR recently concerning made to order, ie one playfield as needed. I was advised that that was posted incorrectly and they will not be doing this at all...I can get the exact reply if needed, but that is the latest I've hear of.

So what is the official new plan than? I thought they did away with the pre orders and boutique list due to the fact that they can now justify smaller runs and even one offs with the intent on making everything they have the licensing for.

#380 4 years ago

Are they still counting there inserts stock?

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

So what is the official new plan than? I thought they did away with the pre orders and boutique list due to the fact that they can now justify smaller runs and even one offs with the intent on making everything they have the licensing for.

I went and looked for the email, but can't find it...I'm sure a quick message to them will clarify it...

#382 4 years ago

The boutique section of the website is there now as a notice saying it is now gone. What is not clear to me is what their full roster of playfields is to order from. The notice makes it sound like I have to wait and hope to see that they made a small batch of playfields that I want.

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

The boutique section of the website is there now as a notice saying it is now gone. What is not clear to me is what their full roster of playfields is to order from. The notice makes it sound like I have to wait and hope to see that they made a small batch of playfields that I want.

I'm curious about the roster too and how/when this will move forward.

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from monkfe:

So...they're NOT going to be rerunning prior titles on the digital press as people order them? That was like....the entire goddamn point. To not have to wait for re-runs. Instead, it just seems like this whole thing was to set them up for being able to sell to deep pocket custom game builders, and to make it easier to do backglasses and plastics.

Definitely kicking my Cyclone to the curb if this is the case.. it's a decent player, but the PF needs some love and with no CPR and no hardtop...um...

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So...they're NOT going to be rerunning prior titles on the digital press as people order them? That was like....the entire goddamn point.

CPR is not doing "On-Demand" playfield printing ( On-Demand meaning you order it today & tomorrow they make it )......What they are doing is making a small batch of say 15-20 of the Back-Catalog playfields and when their inventory gets "low" on that title ( say 2-3 ) they will make another small batch....this will allow them to basically have everything "always" in-stock.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So...they're NOT going to be rerunning prior titles on the digital press as people order them? That was like....the entire goddamn point. To not have to wait for re-runs. Instead, it just seems like this whole thing was to set them up for being able to sell to deep pocket custom game builders, and to make it easier to do backglasses and plastics.
    Definitely kicking my Cyclone to the curb if this is the case.. it's a decent player, but the PF needs some love and with no CPR and no hardtop...um...

Frax, few options out there.....
    https://hotrodarcade.com/products/cpr-williams-cyclone-gold-playfield-clearcoated
    https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=268&products_id=14669

#387 4 years ago

CPR is not doing "On-Demand" playfield printing ( On-Demand meaning you order it today & tomorrow they make it )......What they are doing is making a small batch of say 15-20 of the Back-Catalog playfields and when their inventory gets "low" on that title ( say 2-3 ) they will make another small batch....this will allow them to basically have everything "always" in-stock.

I mean...I'm cool with that, but we're still not seeing that actually happen...a year and a half out from this announcement, and still waiting... I'd literally be jumping at the chance to throw money in their face if Cyclone PFs were available.

#388 4 years ago

I'd seen that 1400 dollar one last week...total lulz. That's what I paid for the entire game. No thanks.

Does BoP ship to the US, or do you have to do one of those odd post-forwarding services? I could've sworn I checked all the shops I knew of for those playfields, but apparently I'm a bit rusty.

*edit* Site says they ship to all countries. *shrug* Thanks for the tip-off, I now have a very hard choice to make, as my cabinet is rough as all getout, and would need a full repaint that I don't have the space to do...

#389 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'd seen that 1400 dollar one last week...total lulz. That's what I paid for the entire game. No thanks.
    Does BoP ship to the US, or do you have to do one of those odd post-forwarding services? I could've sworn I checked all the shops I knew of for those playfields, but apparently I'm a bit rusty.
    *edit* Site says they ship to all countries. *shrug* Thanks for the tip-off, I now have a very hard choice to make, as my cabinet is rough as all getout, and would need a full repaint that I don't have the space to do...

I look forward to your "Cyclone Restoration" thread LOL

The 1400 is high but I guess the fact that it's cleared is the additional cost. HSA hasn't had the best reputation for clear these days but .... I would recommend reaching out to Chris at Hot Rod and making him an offer ..... he's nice guy to deal with and worst case he declines.

The BoP price is 755$ (USD) plus whatever shipping is so not bad price as long as the playfield has no blemishes!

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I look forward to your "Cyclone Restoration" thread LOL

Can't tell if serious or not. I've done playfield swaps before, but never documented for Pinside.....well..except Crescendo. Also installed CPR playfield for Space Shuttle (which under someone else's ownership won an award at TPF!), and did a swap on Jackbot. That one was fun. It's really bloody hard to get the harnesses back into place without a rotesserie, and the playfield mounted in the cabinet. NEVER AGAIN.

Really though...I don't have a garage or anything. Doing a repaint myself is impossible. I just have to decide if a restored Cyclone is really worth 3k to me. I love the game, it's got a lot of memories of my dad tied to it, as he had bought one when I was a kid and we had it at home.... it's just really hard to justify that much money. My cabinet right now was double painted over with black, then red, which has faded to pink, and it looks like someone ran paint thinner over it to crackle up the red paint. It's bad.

#391 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Can't tell if serious or not. I've done playfield swaps before, but never documented for Pinside.....well..except Crescendo. Also installed CPR playfield for Space Shuttle (which under someone else's ownership won an award at TPF!), and did a swap on Jackbot. That one was fun. It's really bloody hard to get the harnesses back into place without a rotesserie, and the playfield mounted in the cabinet. NEVER AGAIN.
    Really though...I don't have a garage or anything. Doing a repaint myself is impossible. I just have to decide if a restored Cyclone is really worth 3k to me. I love the game, it's got a lot of memories of my dad tied to it, as he had bought one when I was a kid and we had it at home.... it's just really hard to justify that much money. My cabinet right now was double painted over with black, then red, which has faded to pink, and it looks like someone ran paint thinner over it to crackle up the red paint. It's bad.

Yeah was joking in the sense us pinball people have issues. Once you find a playfield we tend to say "well if I am going to put a new playfield in I should redo the cabinet" and so on!

I feel your pain on not having the space/place to do the work. I have a decent place back east with more room then I need for any type of work but here in CA I am in a 800 sf place, no garage or ample tools (all back East).

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So...they're NOT going to be rerunning prior titles on the digital press as people order them? That was like....the entire goddamn point. To not have to wait for re-runs.

I asked them if they were going to make Firepower backglasses again and was told no so I’m not sure where that fits in

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I asked them if they were going to make Firepower backglasses again and was told no

CPR never made a Firepower Backglass ( no artwork ) so I'm not sure where you're getting your information......

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Yeah was joking in the sense us pinball people have issues. Once you find a playfield we tend to say "well if I am going to put a new playfield in I should redo the cabinet" and so on!
    I feel your pain on not having the space/place to do the work. I have a decent place back east with more room then I need for any type of work but here in CA I am in a 800 sf place, no garage or ample tools (all back East).

Everything I've done...through 50 some odd games..has literally been in my living room. Playfield swaps? Frisket and stencil an entire playfield? Cleaning out busted glass due to a crap shipper...yep...all in the living room. Heh. I really wonder if I was actually sane at ALL the first three or four years, between working on games and playing in tournaments. Anyways..thanks again for the tip off.

#395 4 years ago

CPR never made a Firepower Backglass ( no artwork ) so I'm not sure where you're getting your information......

I thought they did...

Well explains why Thomas said to check back in the future for new glasses in the email. I guess that’s a subtle way of saying “we can’t run them again because we never ran them in the past”

I’ll go lay down on some railroad tracks now, thanks Cherries_Jubilee

#396 4 years ago

fyi: their toppers are out-selling their plastics right now.....

The toppers are horrible, a 10 year old kid could do a better job.

#397 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

The toppers are horrible, a 10 year old kid could do a better job.

If i had a 10 year old that did shit work like that I'd give them up for adoption.
    It's never been actually proven those are a real product and not a joke.
    (Edit: sorry I don't always believe groupies like cherries_jubilee )

#398 4 years ago

While I think CPR could do a better job with customer service, they are a very valuable asset to the pin community. The PF's are top notch. I've swapped several. Remember they are running a business, so $$ is a factor. Would I like to order a FG PF tomorrow? Sure, but there are a lot of factors that go into that. Inserts, PF blanks etc. They are not Amazon with 2 day delivery. 20 years ago you had to beat the bushes to locate a NOS PF or BG.

#399 4 years ago

I just love how guys just bitch and moan
    About CPR . If it wasn’t for these guys I would have bailed on restoring pins years ago . If it looks easy to do then start your own pinball company restoration parts business etc . Go Bitch somewhere else

Bunch of A- holes

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I just love how guys just bitch and moan
    About CPR . If it wasn’t for these guys I would have bailed on restoring pins years ago . If it looks easy to do then start your own pinball company restoration parts business etc . Go Bitch somewhere else
    Bunch of A- holes

For the record, I bought a set of JP plastics and was very pleased. I didn't think the color was that far off and when you change them all, who would even know? That said, the toppers are beyond bad, sorry but that's a fact.

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-begins-its-new-business-model/page/8?hl=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.