7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 352 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by KevinCPR
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180727_192832775 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180727_220333416 (resized).jpg
    d47f01a1e935e1c63ea813c72490ae9f4976ff99 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4502 (resized).JPG
    marilynfuneral3 (resized).jpg
    0d175e7d70956cfc6ee2e23d9326dbbfe06015b1 (resized).jpg
    910gRBsXpuL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Light Shield M-1330-107-2 graphic comparison small (resized).jpg
    Bambi full (resized).jpg
    kleenex4 (resized).jpg
    jrw-fc-01_fv (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    the_misfits_tri_cg_pop_art_by_zombis_cannibal-d4l7rlg (resized).jpg
    ghost_bc___papa_emeritus_by_queen_aquene-dapgg8d.png (resized).jpg
    sc00002d0c[2] (resized).png
    d14cd32a2a194d99cf7189a36159253e833e02ba (resized).jpg

There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 7 months ago

Kevin, I'll ask here rather than Email you, as it might be beneficial to others and you seem to be on top of answering here:

When you do the Space Invaders playfield, will you offer the option for me to ship you my stripped playfield to sand and rescreen? I would be totally OK with the disclaimer that it may not be as perfect as a 'new' one, faded inserts, etc.. I doubt I'd spend the $ on a new one, but could really justify the reduced cost of having my old rescreened. Thanks for your time.

#252 7 months ago
    Quoted from Joey_N:

Kevin, I'll ask here rather than Email you, as it might be beneficial to others and you seem to be on top of answering here:
    When you do the Space Invaders playfield, will you offer the option for me to ship you my stripped playfield to sand and rescreen? I would be totally OK with the disclaimer that it may not be as perfect as a 'new' one, faded inserts, etc.. I doubt I'd spend the $ on a new one, but could really justify the reduced cost of having my old rescreened. Thanks for your time.

I know Kev would do that in the past if you sent in the playfield that was used to make the CNC cut file - because then he KNEW that the inserts would line up with the artwork.

Sometimes the same playfield was made by several different vendors - so there could be some variation.

If I sent in a playfield for reprinting, I'd like to do my own shooterlane repair

#253 7 months ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I'd be in for a T2 backglass!

Oh good call, I would love an actual backglass of the T2 translite art!

Has anyone seen the cpr backglasses made from translite arts like the STTNG backglass??

#254 7 months ago

Just think in a few years we'll all look back at the era of unobtainium plastics and chuckle. Scarcity, money, and time keep games from being fully restored, and scarcity will now be eroded. (too bad there's no easy solution to money and time, alas, but at least it makes the hobby that much more accessible)

#255 7 months ago

It is sooo nice to see "In Stock" by all of those plastic sets on the website!

#256 7 months ago
    Quoted from mastercello:

EATPM plastics set is needed over here!

Here too!

#257 7 months ago

So how does one go about scanning a back glass? I have a buddy that I might be able to throw cash at to handle the artwork cleanup, but how do I get mine scanned for him?

#258 7 months ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

So how does one go about scanning a back glass? I have a buddy that I might be able to throw cash at to handle the artwork cleanup, but how do I get mine scanned for him?

You need a real scanner.

Those HP scanners that everyone uses for playfields don't focus correctly on backglasses (because the ink is 1/4" back, behind the face of the glass).

Every big city has a Cruse scanner. Call around to large printer, art print, advertising print - someone will direct you where the Cruse lives.

They have charged me $100 to do a playfield, so it's not cheap.

You have to bring a really large memory stick (a fast one, not some crummy 10 year old one) to receive the scan.

#259 7 months ago

can I ship back my non dimpled ww pf then for one that's correct?

#260 7 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You need a real scanner.
    Those HP scanners that everyone uses for playfields don't focus correctly on backglasses (because the ink is 1/4" back, behind the face of the glass).
    Every big city has a Cruse scanner. Call around to large printer, art print, advertising print - someone will direct you where the Cruse lives.
    You have to bring a really large memory stick (a fast one, not some crummy 10 year old one) to receive the scan.

What if we're not near a big city? :/ I've gone around to every shop in my nearest city and not a single one could do it and every place they suggested also couldn't.

I've been able to get some pretty good scans off my hp, I thought. Enough for redrawing at least, for games where that sounds reasonable.

#261 7 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You need a real scanner.

Correct, Cruse is the king. Huge table, fantastic focus, even light.

#262 7 months ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

can I ship back my non dimpled ww pf then for one that's correct?

If you're talking about the front dimples, technically it is dimpled, but the paint covered up the holes.

#263 7 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

What if we're not near a big city? :/ I've gone around to every shop in my nearest city and not a single one could do it and every place they suggested also couldn't.

There is a Cruse scanner finder on their site, but I can't find it on my phone.

Even in Crapsvill USA, I have 4 of them within a 2 hour radius of me.

You could ship a backglass in a CPR box to NYC, they have over 30 of them there.

NYC seems to have the cheapest rates, some of them advertise $25

More are being installed all the time, if you haven't looked lately.

#264 7 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is a Cruse scanner finder on their site, but I can't find it on my phone.
    Even in Crapsvill USA, I have 4 of them within a 2 hour radius of me.
    You could ship a backglass in a CPR box to NYC, they have over 30 of them there.
    NYC seems to have the cheapest rates, some of them advertise $25
    More are being installed all the time, if you haven't looked lately.

I'd seen it before, but NYC was the closest. I can't seem to find that finder anymore even from my desktop

#265 7 months ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Congratulations on your new machine. This will change the hobby for sure.
    If we could just find a way to get you the artwork for "Furie" (Flash conversion)
    MAYBE someone already has it and can share it with the community.
    -Mike

Sign me up for one of those

#266 7 months ago
    Quoted from Joey_N:

When you do the Space Invaders playfield, will you offer the option for me to ship you my stripped playfield to sand and rescreen?

Yes. Re-screening services will be open eventually.

#267 7 months ago

Any chance you would ever consider doing a Stern Quicksilver?

#268 7 months ago

Did you cover a timeframe for the "legacy" playfields?

#269 7 months ago

This has completely changed how I view my older machines. I was on the verge of letting go my trashed Black Knight and had given up hope of getting a new playfield for Space Shuttle, Space Station, Blackout, PIN*BOT and Firepower. Now someday soon-ish I’ll be able to restore them to better than new. I am so psyched about this.

#270 7 months ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

This has completely changed how I view my older machines. I was on the verge of letting go my trashed Black Knight and had given up hope of getting a new playfield for Space Shuttle, Space Station, Blackout, PIN*BOT and Firepower. Now someday soon-ish I’ll be able to restore them to better than new. I am so psyched about this.

Well that's heartening to hear!

#271 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Any chance you would ever consider doing a Stern Quicksilver?

+1 for Quicksilver!

#272 7 months ago

Quicksilver!

#273 7 months ago

Maybe I am missing something but I’ve searched and can’t seem to find where I would make a order for a one off of plastics
    I really would like to buy LAH plastics set

#274 7 months ago
    Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Maybe I am missing something but I’ve searched and can’t seem to find where I would make a order for a one off of plastics
    I really would like to buy LAH plastics set

Post in this thread and Kevin/CPR will gauge interest. Check CPR's site as they are adding things back to their inventory every couple of days.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-floodgates-open-plastics-amp-glasses-releases/page/4#post-4489962

#275 7 months ago

kevincpr A few months ago you released a statement that you would be working on Star Gazer, Seawitch and Nine Ball playfields. @greatwich released Star Gazer playfields already and will be shipping Seawitch playfields in the next month or two. No one has ever made repro playfields for these Stern playfields: Quicksilver, Nine Ball and Meteor. I would suggest dropping Star Gazer and Seawitch from consideration for future production runs and focus on Quicksilver, Nine Ball and Meteor. I know that Meteor has been in your boutique "wish" list for a long time, but you already produced Flight 2000 (6,301 produced), and they made 8,362 Meteors. Also the majority of Meteor backglasses are in really bad shape.

#276 7 months ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I know that Meteor has been in your boutique "wish" list for a long time, but you already produced Flight 2000 (6,301 produced), and they made 8,362 Meteors.

Don't forget that Meteor was based on a movie from 20th Century Fox, so that's one more licensing hurdle to jump.

The actor's voices, the cut scenes, the music - all have to be licensed
    910gRBsXpuL._SY445_ (resized).jpg

#277 7 months ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Did you cover a timeframe for the "legacy" playfields?

I looked around the site yesterday and didn't see anything on that front. I'd like to know this info as well.

#278 7 months ago

Would love to see quicksilver pf's get redone.

#279 7 months ago

Nine Ball playfield please

#280 7 months ago

I'm also in for a Nine Ball pf, please!!

#281 7 months ago

Is it possible to acquire a full playfield vector outline of Jurassic park? I don't need any of the actual art just the inserts if that is possible and easier? The plastics outline in vector without art would be great as well!.

Kevin, would you or someone have this available? I have had mine apart for a few years with the intention of trying to do a complete art re-work as I never liked to sharpie lined art of DE back in the day.

Not sure if others would be interested in going down this road but I think that with the color display and pinsound options that this classic title is just calling out for a complete rework!

#282 7 months ago

really good news for sure

#283 7 months ago

Another vote for Nine Ball.
    Another vote for Meteor backglass.

#284 7 months ago
    Quoted from KevinCPR:

Yes. Re-screening services will be open eventually.

Can anyone here explain to me how the re-screening service works? - as in.. Do I need to email and express interest for that (Space Invaders) playfield now, or just email Kevin about when to ship my old, stripped playfield in? Also, I assume that I would level and reglue all inserts and possibly just replace the rollover inserts. Strip everything down to wood, no staples, etc as it would go through a drum sander?

#285 7 months ago

9-ball!!!!

#286 7 months ago

Quicksilver and re screen my Centaur

#287 7 months ago

If they're still waiting to do Paragon, I sure could use the vector art layers for just the bonus area. Everything else on my playfield is fine.

#288 7 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't forget that Meteor was based on a movie from 20th Century Fox, so that's one more licensing hurdle to jump.

Dumb question, I suppose, but 7 of these 8 actors are dead. Do the licensing fees go to the studios or the actors estates? Is there a point where a dead actor's work moves to public domain?

I have read that some actors felt cheated because many years after a movie was made, the studios still gets royalties and the actor got nothing.

0d175e7d70956cfc6ee2e23d9326dbbfe06015b1 (resized).jpg

#289 7 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I can see where that could be an issue with the backglass but the playfield artworks seems generic enough where that may not be a problem.

#290 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Dumb question, I suppose, but 7 of these 8 actors are dead.

Marylin Monroe has been dead since 1962, but she still earns 17 million a year.

Not bad for a corpse that only had 31 people at her funeral.

marilynfuneral3 (resized).jpg
    #291 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Is there a point where a dead actor's work moves to public domain?

It used to be 75 years, but Sony's & Disney's money bought out Congress, and now the law says they can earn forever.

#292 7 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Marylin Monroe has been dead since 1962, but she still earns 17 million a year.
    Not bad for a corpse that only had 31 people at her funeral.

Who do you think did it?

#293 7 months ago

So can anyone tell me if I’ll ever get a Gorgar playfield to do my restoration?

#294 7 months ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Who do you think did it?

Could it have been the Kennedys ?

#295 7 months ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Who do you think did it?

The comic 100 Bullets had a great story arc of who killed her.

One of the premises of the comic is that someone comes to you with an attaché with all the evidence of who screwed you over in life and a gun with 100 untraceable bullets and you have carte blanche. If you are arrested, you’re let go, etc etc.

So in the story the person that gets the case is Joe DiMaggio. In the case is the evidence of how JFK had her killed. DiMaggio takes the gun and is “the man on the grassy knoll” in Dallas. But he doesn’t know about Oswald. He wonders later in life if he was the one that killed JFK and not Oswald.

The whole series is amazing if you are into graphic novels and crime noir.

#296 7 months ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

IMG_4502 (resized).JPG
    #298 7 months ago

Gorgar is behind another 18 runs of xenon, centaur, fathom, xenon again, and joust.

#299 7 months ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Gorgar is behind another 18 runs of xenon, centaur, fathom, xenon again, and joust.

That's what I'm afraid of.

#300 7 months ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Have you considered a hardtop? They run about $300. Look in this forum for a list of titles already produced. If it's not available post in the forum that you want to see it made.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/4#post-4493066

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside