pboy11.jpg
pboy09.jpg
pboy08.jpg
pboy00.jpg
pboy05.jpg
#1 5 years ago

ANNOUNCEMENT:
CPR Bally Playboy Playfields - Shipping Now

Originally, Bally Playboy was a run we did back in 2010 (man, has it been that long?), and long since sold out... many have been wanting these to happen for many years. Well as always, if y'all step up to the plate - we will too. The Playboy re-run Preorder Inbox reached its threshold back in mid 2018, and we put this one into official production consideration. We've been on this stack since late 2018, moving along with all the other runs. These have been weeks emerging in waves out of clearcoat, and have been shipping to the Preorder and Waiting List contacts for a little while now. We're just finishing up with that group now, and we have extra candidates (of all grades) left for the general public to take their shot.

As usual, the best and most expensive custom gameboard wood used in the hobby, milled in Wisconsin USA from Canadian Hard Rock Maple alternating with Ash cores. The hardest and heaviest around. Genuine individual spot-color ink silkscreened layered artwork. Original cast inserts from the OEM tooling in Chicago. Individually 5-layer polyeurethane clearcoated in a downdraft wetwalled DeVilbiss booth by a 30-year automotive paint veteran.

Three price points for every budget: Gold Silver Bronze grades, depending on needs of the top restorer, or a traditional player wanting to simply pimp up a beater.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/pboy/

PLASTICS, BACKGLASS (Mirrored!), and TOPPER are all available at deep combo-discounts when using our new SHIPMENT CONFIGURATION tool in our Store. Create your own Playboy bundle, taking advantage of combined shipping and saving hundred(s) in discounts, when ordering everything together.

We are counting the Mirrored backglass orders, and will be doing a new 2019 version of the Playboy repro backglass in the next few weeks. Need to see how many panels we need to mirror. So shipments involving the backglass will head out in a few weeks. If no backglass, they ship immediately.

FULL PHOTO GALLERY ON OUR SITE in the Store.

Thanks for supporting this run! We'll see you on the next one, shortly.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

pboy00.jpgpboy00.jpg
pboy05.jpgpboy05.jpg
pboy08.jpgpboy08.jpg
pboy09.jpgpboy09.jpg
pboy11.jpgpboy11.jpg
pboy12.jpgpboy12.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Is there any pricing option for Canadian customers to pay in Canadian dollars?

#3 5 years ago

Anyone on the preorder list get notified yet?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Is there any pricing option for Canadian customers to pay in Canadian dollars?

PayPal should convert automatically for you, regardless of local currency. Is that what you meant?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

PayPal should convert automatically for you, regardless of local currency. Is that what you meant?

Paypal's conversion rate really sucks, anytime you convert it really sucks.It can sometimes be 3-5% extra and I assume you guys pay the same converting it back to Canadian. Id rather pay direct in Canadaian dollars.Getting a playfield a few years ago, you guys were "sympathetic" to the Canadian's crappy exchange. Kinda hoping you guys continue that tradition.

#6 5 years ago

What a great week .... for playfields. Good news Kevin. only have one other playfield to get on my list now is Power Play.
Is that still on the printing list for near future Kevin?

#7 5 years ago

Why is it that so many units of this game had been produced and I NEVER see this game anywhere for sale or otherwise? If I remember correctly almost 20K of them were made.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Power Play. Is that still on the printing list for near future Kevin?

To answer this, I'll just link you over to my blanket response that I typed in the Sorcerer thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-williams-sorcerer-playfields#post-4811808

It applies to Power Play, and any of the legacy CPR playfield titles going retro-active to 2004.

It's just a matter of time.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Why is it that so many units of this game had been produced and I NEVER see this game anywhere for sale or otherwise? If I remember correctly almost 20K of them were made.

Must all be east of the Mississippi.... I have one & since I bought & restored mine, I must have passed up on at least 15 of them in past year & half. The one time I was at coin op warehouse in MD I think they had 3 project machines for sale... local amusement Co in town has had an overpriced one for sale for years... there was at lest one project machine at York in the fall & at least 1 decent one in freeplay area & I'd say maybe 3-4 more at Allentown last year. Definitely not a hard title to find out here.

18,250 Produced.

Of all the machines in my collection, when I show pictures of them to non pinball people (Wife's co workers etc) BY FAR.... they all fawn over Playboy. It's the one title that gets the most attention from non pin people.

Nice to see re-run on this PF. Very rarely ever see an original with a decent PF, they are always trashed in the middle.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Just like TAF, people keep Playboy in their basements just for display.

Sometimes you go to someone's house and they have both those games, both broken, just lit up as decorations.

#11 5 years ago

It’s iconic. But a new playfield is really nice. CPR does some so so playfields, but playboy is one that they do well. It’s the best of what they do.

#12 5 years ago

The 2010 run was perfect. This should be the same

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Anyone on the preorder list get notified yet?

I was notified, paid, and received my order already. Looks beautiful!

2 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

Looking for a Gold or Silver if you have an extra or have changed your mind.

1 week later
#15 5 years ago

I signed up on the pre-order list, got a confirmation email and still haven't been notified mine is ready. Is that normal?

#16 5 years ago

I was on the preorder list and received mine three weeks ago. Absolutely flawless and the swap-out is nearing completion. Thanks Kevin.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill91:

I was on the preorder list and received mine three weeks ago. Absolutely flawless and the swap-out is nearing completion. Thanks Kevin.

Lucky you. They sold them out to the general public and ignored me on the preorder list. I'm getting nothing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-bally-playboy-playfields?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.