Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by NinJaBooT
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0212 (resized).JPG
IMG_0168 (resized).JPG
harlem14.jpg
harlem13.jpg
harlem12.jpg
harlem10.jpg
harlem09.jpg
harlem08.jpg
harlem06.jpg
harlem07.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 months ago

So I have one and have a problem and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue with their PF.

Near the right upper saucer (Free Throw Saucer) one the original playfield there is what I will call a nail - the CPR playfield has this hole drilled as well - BUT - they drilled the hole TOO FLIPPING BIG and the "nail" will just fall through.

From pictures I have seen from searching, seems they all have a "nail" here vs. some sort of post.

What the hell...

Trying to decide what options I have now - is putting a post here going to be too big - OR - do I fill the hole and insert the nail back? Right now I have most of the playfield assembled and still have some work to do before I can play test - maybe I can leave nothing there?

Note the pictures they posted above clearly shows this hole and it looks smaller.

edit: after thinking about it, I wonder if the nail was put there to provide support for the gate when closed if the ball hits it from the opposite side (so it does not force the gate back towards the saucer)?

Pictures of the OEM playfield with the "nail" still installed and the CPR one (grrr)
IMG_0168 (resized).JPGIMG_0212 (resized).JPG

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Put some wood glue on a toothpick insert into the hole and cut the toothpick so it’s flush, or little less, to the playfield then tap the nail in. You cold also go to hardware store and buy a bigger nail that will fit in the hole. All it is, is a finishing nail.

Thanks - my problem with filling the hole with wood is now you have this bare wood spot. I know first world problems, but maybe I will try finding a larger nail, I should have something in my bins (hate to have to buy a whole box for just one). lol

Still irks me...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LongJohns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside