Barracora-17 (resized).jpg
060610_0153 (resized).JPG
NOS playfield from PPS..$450+$35 shipping. (resized).JPG
Barracora NOS playfield backside.  4-25-2016 (resized).JPG
baraplas23_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Time to give a little love to this unusual beauty with a cult following

Williams BARRACORA Reproduction plastics set w/ 3D desktop display

Plastics for this machine have been unobtanium, and whenever any/all have popped up on Ebay or the like, they go for big big bucks.

This is one of Stu's favorite machines, and he put his typical extra-enthusiasm into the layout of this great set. All applicable pieces with the "blue rears" are faithfully reproduced, so they will illuminate with that special "glow" as expected. Stu saw a need for return lane plastics, and designed a replacement pair (in two different color matches) for those ugly metal ones in the game. Along with some cool coin door inserts and key fobs, we cannot forget Stu's extended bonus pieces - and on this layout it meant his Barracora "3D" desktop assembly.

Gallery is posted here:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo183.html

Available for purchase in the CPR Store here:
http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

The CPR  Barracora 3D Desktop Assembly - bonus piecesThe CPR Barracora 3D Desktop Assembly - bonus pieces

#2 8 years ago

Nice work Stu!

#3 8 years ago

awesome!

Will the backglass be coming also?

#4 8 years ago

Great news!! Like seeing these older Williams getting some love

#5 8 years ago

All in! Please bring on the playfields!

#6 8 years ago

Wow. Above and beyond.
Any plans to sell just the new lane guides and standup?

#7 8 years ago

Thread Hijack!

Kevin - how about another run of Firepower plastics and playfields?

......now back to Barracora fun........

#8 8 years ago

Forget it, Firepower had its run....it's time for the Barracora guys to bask in the glow. Great job Stu !! Lets make it a package deal with a playfield and backglass and I'm all in.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Forget it, Firepower had its run....it's time for the Barracora guys to bask in the glow. Great job Stu !! Lets make it a package deal with a playfield and backglass and I'm all in.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

+1 !!!!

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

More details about how CPR determines what repro parts get released.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/rec.games.pinball/dqr2kC_JWFQ

#11 8 years ago

I can understand all that. But I think Barracora falls into a different category like so many other games that don't usually have a lot of broken plastics and people cant justify spending $160 to replace like one plastic on the entire game. I'm willing to buy a set if it helps to get CPR one step closer in considering the backglass and or playfield as well even though I don't need or want the plastics but I'll throw them in the bottom of the cabinet for the next owner. Now I know many more people will buy a backglass or playfield for this game but you often times get the people that will say "I'm not spending more on parts then what I paid for the entire game". Personally I love the game and will keep it forever but when the day comes that I do sell out I'm not going to be worried about what I have into a game and what I get out of it as I had my enjoyment out if it for all those years and that was enough payback for me. The problem is that trying to get other people to think that way is usually impossible.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I can understand all that. But I think Barracora falls into a different category like so many other games that don't usually have a lot of broken plastics and people cant justify spending $160 to replace like one plastic on the entire game.

I pretty much said the same thing in the RGP thread.

Certain titles have known problems. Some games are well known for blown out playfields, others can be known for flaking backglasses, or others can be known for destroyed plastics (or other parts).

If you remake a part that isn't typically flawed or commonly damaged, then there's a likelihood that not many of that item will sell. So using that as a gauge for remaking more parts for that game won't always give an accurate measure as to how well other parts will sell. You also have to look at what parts are commonly damaged on that particular game--is it a part that 90% of the games need to have replaced, or is it just an unlucky few?

In any case, any new parts are always good

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

But I think Barracora falls into a different category

I agree

#14 8 years ago

My plastics are all in great shape.
Just need a playfield someday.

1 year later
#15 6 years ago

bump for playfield wanters to get on the list.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bump for playfield wanters to get on the list.

Every time I see this thread pop up I think it is finally the playfield announcement.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Every time I see this thread pop up I think it is finally the playfield announcement.

Everytime I see it pop up I read it as "barbacoa" and get hungry.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

we just need more people to sign up to hopefully get it pushed to production!

Sorry for the false alarm

#19 6 years ago

I in for glass and playfield to.!!

#20 6 years ago

Who knows if this will ever get made......, found me a NOS playfield and had it Kruzman'd and now it's waiting to be installed with the new plastics. These pictures were taken before I handed it to Ron.

John

Barracora NOS playfield backside.  4-25-2016 (resized).JPGBarracora NOS playfield backside. 4-25-2016 (resized).JPG
NOS playfield from PPS..$450+$35 shipping. (resized).JPGNOS playfield from PPS..$450+$35 shipping. (resized).JPG

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Who knows if this will ever get made......, found me a NOS playfield and had it Kruzman'd and now it's waiting to be installed with the new plastics. These pictures were taken before I handed it to Ron.
John

Drool

#22 6 years ago

As we're showing off NOS playfields here's mine from 2006. Unfortunately the NOS pf wasn't dimpled...it's not a fun experience drilling into a freshly cleared NOS pf.

I believe my NOS playfield must have been an early run as the original switch placement is still shown in the left spinner lane and the black doesn't extend under the side-rail in the top right corner. I decided to leave the art as is to preserve the originality of the playfield rather than make it production correct.

060610_0153 (resized).JPG060610_0153 (resized).JPG

That's a CPR Centaur repro on the left (not mine).
Barracora-17 (resized).jpgBarracora-17 (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

so jealous! look amazing!

If anyone has a restorable pf you pulled from a game then I am your Huckleberry

2 weeks later
#24 6 years ago

Come on CPR and bring on the playfields already!

I'd buy two if I had to!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I'd buy two if I had to!

Then you'd have four....

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Come on CPR and bring on the playfields already!
I'd buy two if I had to!

I would also buy 2 if that is what it takes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-barracora-reproduction-plastics-cpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.