(Topic ID: 55261)

Announce: Bad Cats Plastics Now Available at CPR

By Stu

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

As for BC Ramps, I have just confirmed that they will be made this year. Probably before Pinball Expo in Chicago. And thanks again for doing the plastics!

That is great news! Need new ramps (and then Cliffys for them). I also purchased a set. Most of my plastics are mostly fine but as I plan to bring my BC to its best possible state, likely including a CPR PF, it was a no-brainer.

Big concern is how to bend those plastics without messing them up.

#36 10 years ago

It really has a lot for no multi-ball of its era. One thing I wish it had was a spinner. One rules complaint I have is lighting jackpot on the seafood spinner, I think it should be a product of skill and that is why I go for lighting all seven letters. Otherwise, two drop target banks, bumpers, fun ramps, doghouse, can also be quite a fast machine when waxed and angled just so. Excited to hear that ramps are on their way, hope the mounts last and hope Cliffy helps us out with some protection.

#38 10 years ago

Mine are coming tomorrow but will wait for a ramp, and possibly the PF run, whenever that gets slated.

#40 10 years ago

Folding (bending) the unfolded parts is a big concern with these. I know a standard for acrylic would be to heat them with a hot air gun, which scares me in itself (don't want nasty bubbles), but these are PETG and I don't know how that is to be handled. It would be nice for CPR to possibly advise to the bending.

#51 10 years ago

Mine arrived Wednesday but I haven't opened them either. Probably should just to make sure I have the slots all cut out. These, like my new BOP ramps, are going to wait to be installed until I either get a repro BC playfield when CPR does them or have someone do a restore on the few tore up areas of my PF.

1 week later
#57 10 years ago

And Al's Bad Cats is VERY NICE. In fact, its the reason I bought one. (Read: my wife loves it and so do I, in fact it's my sons' favorite as well.)

#59 10 years ago

The ramps usually come with decals, can't imagine why they wouldn't though they will likely not be applied when you get the set.

#61 10 years ago

I believe it is standard and part of the reason they hesitate doing bent plastics. Would like a nice vid tutorial on it but will still be nervous when it comes time. I think it would be nice to have a piece of blank petg thrown in to practice on with this, nothing big, just a scrap. Will find something to practice on first.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Yes, All Pinball Inc. ramps come with decals. They should be available at Pinball Expo and all of the distributors listed on the http://www.pinballinc.com website (some sooner than others) around Expo time.

Excited for this. Really hope some Cliffy protectors might come up to help protect these. Might just make some myself.

Speaking of which, the DW I bought has some protectors on the ramps but they don't look like cliffy's yet they look professional.

1 month later
#70 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I hate to say this, but it doesn't look good for an Expo release for the Bad Cats ramps. Pinball Inc. has had to replenish stock on a lot of existing ramps so they have had to push off this project. They are still hoping to get to it this year though. I'll let everyone know more when I know it.

Better late than never! Thanks for the info Al.

1 month later
#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

no plans yet for a backglass, however, I have worked out a deal with PPS for my vector art on the cabinet decals....

This is good news! Expensive, but good news. Perhaps the orange that should be on the cabinet will match the orange legs I bought for mine!

#90 10 years ago

I'm just saying it will be another $300, it's not cheap. I'm not saying it is more expensive and I'm glad to see it happen. I'll spend the money because I want this machine looking great. I can't afford HEP, but I'll try to do the best I can on my own. I'm looking forward to getting the cab cleaned up, redecaled, and either a new playfield in or getting mine restored. Just need to figure out who to send it to.

1 week later
#96 10 years ago

Hmm, actually thought the work on these ramps was underway. Really want to get my Bad Cats in top shape for sometime next spring when I can host a league night.

1 week later
#99 10 years ago

It will be fine. It was nice talking to James (and playing him in the final rounds) about this and getting some view into the basics behind timing. I'm just happy to know they will be coming. Mine work, but it will be great to have new ones that sit tight and will last.

4 months later
#112 10 years ago

Really want to see these reproduced somehow. Talked to Rick a while back and said he hadn't heard from you but really want my Bad Cats looking better. I'd hate to spend the time redoing what has been done to get these printed but it's looking like the only way to restore my cabinet is to scan and vector the art myself :^(

Seems sad with other projects being done that this one can't be done - hell, the art is ready to go! Send it to the printer and sell 'em, you'd think that would be easy enough. I imagine there are sticking points somewhere.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Who's going to "finance" the Printing, not me - I can't afford it.....

Trust me, Rick "has" had this discussion with me 'many times' regarding this project as well as many others.....

Stu,

Trust me, the part about it being easy was most definitely not aimed towards you. You've already put in the hard hard work. I'm just saying that now that that has been done, it's a matter of will. I fully assume you have had the conversation. I just wish they could be made available to those of us that want to get our cabinets looking good again.

6 months later
#134 9 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Bad Cats plastics have been sold out everywhere for almost a year, combined with the fact the playfield is next in line (released in about a 3-4 weeks).
So we're going to re-run the plastics, because at least half the playfield guys are going to need them, just to start...
So expect plastics to appear on our site in 3-4 weeks.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

I got a set and they are nice. Wish you'd run some spares of the bendy parts as I'm worried about screwing that up when the playfield gets here for the rebuild.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-bad-cats-plastics-now-available-at-cpr?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.