(Topic ID: 55261)

Announce: Bad Cats Plastics Now Available at CPR

By Stu

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Mine arrived Wednesday but I haven't opened them either. Probably should just to make sure I have the slots all cut out. These, like my new BOP ramps, are going to wait to be installed until I either get a repro BC playfield when CPR does them or have someone do a restore on the few tore up areas of my PF.

1 week later
#52 10 years ago

I want to wait for new ramps to install these but that could take 5 more years!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Blipsqueak:

I want to wait for new ramps to install these but that could take 5 more years!

No, it'll take 3 more months. We're going to test fit new Pinball Inc. ramps and try and have them ready for Expo in Chicago. We'll be using my machine to do that. I'd do the plastics now. The ramps ARE coming!

Note: We test fit the Doctor Who and AFM ramps on my machines. I have a nice BC to test fit them with.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

No, it'll take 3 more months. We're going to test fit new Pinball Inc. ramps and try and have them ready for Expo in Chicago. We'll be using my machine to do that. I'd do the plastics now. The ramps ARE coming!

Note: We test fit the Doctor Who and AFM ramps on my machines. I have a nice BC to test fit them with.

Is there a website? Or do we order through CPR?

#55 10 years ago

CPR = Plastics, Playfields, Backglasses
PinballInc = Ramps

#56 10 years ago

thanks Stu...

#57 10 years ago

And Al's Bad Cats is VERY NICE. In fact, its the reason I bought one. (Read: my wife loves it and so do I, in fact it's my sons' favorite as well.)

#58 10 years ago

Will the new ramps come complete with decals?

#59 10 years ago

The ramps usually come with decals, can't imagine why they wouldn't though they will likely not be applied when you get the set.

#60 10 years ago

Man, I totally jacked Ralphie's dog house trying to shape it with a hair dryer. It was looking more like an igloo than a doghouse so I just threw in the towel and used my old plastics on the ones I had to shape. Any better tips for getting the sharp bends without bowing the whole thing?

For future reference, is this standard with CPR plastics? I love the quality here (seriously made my players machine shine), but I'd probably shy away from future titles that have several plastics that ship flat.

#61 10 years ago

I believe it is standard and part of the reason they hesitate doing bent plastics. Would like a nice vid tutorial on it but will still be nervous when it comes time. I think it would be nice to have a piece of blank petg thrown in to practice on with this, nothing big, just a scrap. Will find something to practice on first.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

The ramps usually come with decals, can't imagine why they wouldn't though they will likely not be applied when you get the set.

Yes, All Pinball Inc. ramps come with decals. They should be available at Pinball Expo and all of the distributors listed on the www.pinballinc.com website (some sooner than others) around Expo time.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Yes, All Pinball Inc. ramps come with decals. They should be available at Pinball Expo and all of the distributors listed on the http://www.pinballinc.com website (some sooner than others) around Expo time.

Excited for this. Really hope some Cliffy protectors might come up to help protect these. Might just make some myself.

Speaking of which, the DW I bought has some protectors on the ramps but they don't look like cliffy's yet they look professional.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I believe it is standard and part of the reason they hesitate doing bent plastics. Would like a nice vid tutorial on it but will still be nervous when it comes time. I think it would be nice to have a piece of blank petg thrown in to practice on with this, nothing big, just a scrap. Will find something to practice on first.

I recommend not doing it until you practice. I should have listened to myself when I said to wait but I really wanted to get them on the game.

This is my first set of CPR plastics. The repros seem twice as durable and look fantastic on the game. I'll sort the bending issue out another day. This set seems to have an unusual amount of ones that needed to be bent.

1 month later
#65 10 years ago

Can someone who bought the CPR plastics set make my day and sell me their old doghouse piece?
I bought a bad cats last night that is missing the darn doghouse.

PLEASE Help !!!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

SNIP//// ..Repro Playfields coming soon as well.....

What the status on this?

#67 10 years ago

I hate to say this, but it doesn't look good for an Expo release for the Bad Cats ramps. Pinball Inc. has had to replenish stock on a lot of existing ramps so they have had to push off this project. They are still hoping to get to it this year though. I'll let everyone know more when I know it.

#68 10 years ago

Gah! Can't wait for these....! Please please please Pinball Inc!

#69 10 years ago

You are one Bad Cat.

So glad to see some of these excellent sys 11 games are getting the parts they need to stay pretty and playable.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I hate to say this, but it doesn't look good for an Expo release for the Bad Cats ramps. Pinball Inc. has had to replenish stock on a lot of existing ramps so they have had to push off this project. They are still hoping to get to it this year though. I'll let everyone know more when I know it.

Better late than never! Thanks for the info Al.

#71 10 years ago

sold out! blast

#72 10 years ago

Somebody PLEASE sell me your old dog house, I'll pay top dollar

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

I *might* have a complete dog house laying around from a PF I parted out. Let me get home (Friday eve) and take a look for you. I did not throw any plastics away, and I am pretty sure I never sold/gave that one away.

#74 10 years ago

+1 for the new ramps from Pinball Inc. Got my CPR plastics and they are really great. Waiting on them to release the playfields now.

Now if Stu would just show some love for my Game Show....

#75 10 years ago

Game Show...Really?....I'm sorry, I meant to say REALLY!

1 week later
#76 10 years ago

I'm still desperately seeking someones old doghouse, and could use the lower sling plastics as well.
Top dollar paid

3 weeks later
#77 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

What the status on this?

yes, inquiring minds would like to know...

#78 10 years ago

Check Starship-Fantasy.com , they're a distributor
for CPR. I believe everybody else has sold out already.

#79 10 years ago

@ccotenj , I just realized you were referring to the
playfields not plastics , sorry..

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

@ccotenj , I just realized you were referring to the
playfields not plastics , sorry..

'tis ok... i should have been clearer, since this is the "plastics" thread anyway...

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Starship-Fantasy.com

When I purchased from Starship-Fantasy.com they only had 2 sets left I think. That was awhile ago....

1 week later
#82 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

ebay.com link: Bad Cats Pinball Machine plastics

#83 10 years ago

Top Dollar, your not kidding...BIN $ 161.87 + 33.99 Shipping...So for $ 195.86 you can have a new Dog House Plastics...LMFAO!

1 week later
#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

CPR = Plastics, Playfields, Backglasses
PinballInc = Ramps

Stu, any update on the Playfield? Any chance of a Backglass or cabinet art?

#85 10 years ago

no plans yet for a backglass, however, I have worked out a deal with PPS for my vector art on the cabinet decals....

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

no plans yet for a backglass, however, I have worked out a deal with PPS for my vector art on the cabinet decals....

This is good news! Expensive, but good news. Perhaps the orange that should be on the cabinet will match the orange legs I bought for mine!

#87 10 years ago

How is this 'expensive" ?...The full Cabinet Decal Set shouldn't cost any more than any other full cabinet decal set....

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

How is this 'expensive" ?...The full Cabinet Decal Set shouldn't cost any more than any other full cabinet decal set....

What color are they? I've seen Yellow heads before - Actually, mine has a yellow head and orange body. Just curious.

#89 10 years ago

Full Orange Cabinet > See Flyer Below:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=127&picno=4511&zoom=1

The Orange paint on a lot of these cabinets faded Badly!

#90 10 years ago

I'm just saying it will be another $300, it's not cheap. I'm not saying it is more expensive and I'm glad to see it happen. I'll spend the money because I want this machine looking great. I can't afford HEP, but I'll try to do the best I can on my own. I'm looking forward to getting the cab cleaned up, redecaled, and either a new playfield in or getting mine restored. Just need to figure out who to send it to.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Really glad to hear about the decals. What's the latest on the availability of the playfield?

Already got my plastics, and they are sweet!

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Any news on the ramps?

With the news on the decals, I can get my machine the grooming it deserves. These ramps would be the icing on the cake.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from rf700:

Really glad to hear about the decals. What's the latest on the availability of the playfield?
Already got my plastics, and they are sweet!

Quoted from rf700:

Any news on the ramps?
With the news on the decals, I can get my machine the grooming it deserves. These ramps would be the icing on the cake.

yea, inquiring minds would like to know on both of these questions...

#94 10 years ago

We haven't started on the Bad Cats ramps yet. Python is a close friend of ours so it is near to our heart. I'll ask James when he plans to start them. He does have to original tool for the ramps. It's a start.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

We haven't started on the Bad Cats ramps yet. Python is a close friend of ours so it is near to our heart. I'll ask James when he plans to start them. He does have to original tool for the ramps. It's a start.

Can't wait for new ramps.

Thankfully, my Badcats has a really nice cabinet...no fade at all.

#96 10 years ago

Hmm, actually thought the work on these ramps was underway. Really want to get my Bad Cats in top shape for sometime next spring when I can host a league night.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Hmm, actually thought the work on these ramps was underway. Really want to get my Bad Cats in top shape for sometime next spring when I can host a league night.

Yeah. Work hasn't started yet? Huh?

#98 10 years ago

Unfortunately, the plastic supply is late coming in so production of this will have to wait until next year. Need to get inventory levels of existing ramps up prior to a new product. Be assured, it will happen.

#99 10 years ago

It will be fine. It was nice talking to James (and playing him in the final rounds) about this and getting some view into the basics behind timing. I'm just happy to know they will be coming. Mine work, but it will be great to have new ones that sit tight and will last.

#100 10 years ago

Yep, mine work well enough for now, can't wait!

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-bad-cats-plastics-now-available-at-cpr/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.