(Topic ID: 55261)

Announce: Bad Cats Plastics Now Available at CPR

By Stu

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Well, it took 4½ years to get them printed but we finally ran them....Bad Cats Plastics Now Available at CPR. This was the 1st Art package I did for CPR so I'm looking forward to seeing them. This is a Limited Run! So ge them while you can!

http://classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Stu
CPR Art Director
http://classicplayfields.com/index.html

#2 10 years ago

Great to hear this!!!

Just ordered mine.

#4 10 years ago

I know Bad Cats dosent get a lot of love in the pinball community, but for those people out there that have one they So Need these as several Plastics are Always broken....So here is your chance to refresh you game....Repro Playfields coming soon as well.....

#5 10 years ago

Does anyone know if someone will be making cabinet decals for Bad Cats. I think this would sell really well.

#6 10 years ago

I have already done the artwork for the Bad Cats Cab Decals, however, it's likely that they will never get used ( I can't go into details as I have been asked not to by PPS).

#7 10 years ago

Great news, so happy to be able to change my broken plastics on my bad cats.
Just ordered mine too.

#8 10 years ago

I ordered a BC PF a year ago. Is this still going to be made? Thanks! JR

#9 10 years ago

see post above

#10 10 years ago

I know someone who will not believe it - sending email now...

#11 10 years ago

EXCELLENT.

#12 10 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

#13 10 years ago

Stu - Do you ever sleep buddy???

#14 10 years ago

Not really, pretty much a vampire > up at all hours of the night...Too much pinball artwork to be done to waste my life away sleeping!

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Stu - Do you ever sleep buddy???

#15 10 years ago

Mike, Stu and crew are amazing, thanks for all your hard work! I can not imagine how much time it takes to do all these amazing reproductions. I really hope BC ramps get made, will make a world of difference on my BC. BC is quite an amazingly fun game for being a single ball game. The artwork is beyond amazing, very fun to play, I can see it staying in my collection for ever.

Any update on the FT PF's?

Thanks CPR, you are all a credit to the pinball community and we all appreciate you!

#16 10 years ago

Thanks for getting these done, they look great. My order is placed...

System 11 games rock!

Too bad about the cabinet artwork... it seems like most cabs are badly faded.

#17 10 years ago

Ordered. Can't wait. Now we all need to pressure Pinball, Inc to get those ramps done!

#18 10 years ago

Ordered! Looking forward to the PF! Thanks Stu!

Mb

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Blipsqueak:

Ordered. Can't wait. Now we all need to pressure Pinball, Inc to get those ramps done!

+1

#20 10 years ago

I'll talk to James about the ramps. I have a BC with a NOS crated playfield on it so we should be able to get an excellent fit on it (2 of my machines have been used to "fit" new ramps by Pinball Inc.). I'm pretty sure he has the molds.

BTW: On Topic: I ordered a set as well. Don't really need them (now), but it makes sense to have them. Plus the topper looks cool!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'll talk to James about the ramps. I have a BC with a NOS crated playfield on it so we should be able to get an excellent fit on it (2 of my machines have been used to "fit" new ramps by Pinball Inc.). I'm pretty sure he has the molds.
BTW: On Topic: I ordered a set as well. Don't really need them (now), but it makes sense to have them. Plus the topper looks cool!

What's this about a topper?

#22 10 years ago

it's Not a Topper, it's a Desktop Display...I do them for almost all the Plastic Sets I do.....

#23 10 years ago

Now if I can only replace that damn playfield window. Mine is beat to shit.

#24 10 years ago

A New Playfield Window will come with the Repro Playfields.....

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

it's Not a Topper, it's a Desktop Display...I do them for almost all the Plastic Sets I do.....

Mine will become a topper! Very cool to include it. Thanks for doing the set. Looking forward to the playfield as well. That will make a lot of games happy!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Looking forward to the playfield as well. That will make a lot of games happy!

+1

Thanks Stu for all of your efforts on this! Plastics ordered for me too. Just waiting for the pf and ramps.

Any ballpark timeframe on the pfs?

#27 10 years ago

As for BC Ramps, I have just confirmed that they will be made this year. Probably before Pinball Expo in Chicago. And thanks again for doing the plastics!

#28 10 years ago

That's great news....

I'll be ordering a set.

#29 10 years ago

Is anyone going to do the milk bottle and bird target stickers?

#30 10 years ago
#31 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

As for BC Ramps, I have just confirmed that they will be made this year. Probably before Pinball Expo in Chicago. And thanks again for doing the plastics!

Will definitely want a ramp set...come on guys lots of Bad Cats in the UK too that need to purr again

#32 10 years ago

Ps...Also ordered the plastcs Set On Wed and its already in the Post to me.
Great Job Stu Many Thanks.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

That is great news! Need new ramps (and then Cliffys for them). I also purchased a set. Most of my plastics are mostly fine but as I plan to bring my BC to its best possible state, likely including a CPR PF, it was a no-brainer.

Big concern is how to bend those plastics without messing them up.

#34 10 years ago

BadCats has to be one of the best, if not the best, non-multi-ball machine ever made.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

BadCats has to be one of the best, if not the best, non-multi-ball machine ever made.

Without a doubt, it is easy to forget it is a single ball game while playing. One of the best sys 11's evah! Art, Music, layout, crazy good. It is a nice addition to any collection.

#36 10 years ago

It really has a lot for no multi-ball of its era. One thing I wish it had was a spinner. One rules complaint I have is lighting jackpot on the seafood spinner, I think it should be a product of skill and that is why I go for lighting all seven letters. Otherwise, two drop target banks, bumpers, fun ramps, doghouse, can also be quite a fast machine when waxed and angled just so. Excited to hear that ramps are on their way, hope the mounts last and hope Cliffy helps us out with some protection.

#37 10 years ago

Just got my plastics, they look nice, thanks!

#38 10 years ago

Mine are coming tomorrow but will wait for a ramp, and possibly the PF run, whenever that gets slated.

#39 10 years ago

Got mine today. they look great! one bummer is that the fishbowl piece of the desktop display is missing a slot so I can't set it up! And not sure how we're supposed to fold the unfolded parts but I'll figure something out!

#40 10 years ago

Folding (bending) the unfolded parts is a big concern with these. I know a standard for acrylic would be to heat them with a hot air gun, which scares me in itself (don't want nasty bubbles), but these are PETG and I don't know how that is to be handled. It would be nice for CPR to possibly advise to the bending.

#41 10 years ago

Bending the PETg is easy....Simply "warm" the plastic with a heat gun on a LOW setting and bend it by hand ( you can use your old plastic as a template ) Just don't heat the plastic to a melting point > LOL... Note: keep you heat gun approx. 8-10 inches away from the plastic (on a LOW setting) and keep testing it, if you don't own a heat gun a Hair Dryer will usually work as well....just be patient as you do this and don't get too close to the plastic....it's a very simple process....

#42 10 years ago

Only the first couple dozen sets got out that way and we have the solution on our web site to help fix it......
Explination and Assistance for those 2 donzen sets here:
http://classicplayfields.com/fishbowl.html

Quoted from Blipsqueak:

one bummer is that the fishbowl piece of the desktop display is missing a slot so I can't set it up

#43 10 years ago

congrats stu. the plastics look fantastic!

#44 10 years ago

Thanks, I haven't seen them yet (mine are due to arive on Friday).....

#45 10 years ago

I just got my set today. They look GREAT. I do have a question maybe for Stu (or anyone that knows).

I just noticed the part of the house that says "Ralfie" is red in the set and it looks like there are other games where it's red but on my game it's orange. I don't really care but was just curious as to why the two different colors?????? Is there a story behind that? Why would WMS change it?

See for yourself:
Red example:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=127&picno=9840&zoom=1

Orange example:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=127&picno=51897&zoom=1

Interesting eh?

#46 10 years ago

Just a question about the missing slot...

The link says "For the do-it-yourselfers, please send an email for a $20 compensative refund."

It doesn't give an email address.

Never mind....found the link.

#47 10 years ago

There were 4 Different companies manufacturing Plastics, Playfield, and Backglasses for Williams back in the day and they all did things a little differently from each other > but Both versions are Correct. The inks used in the Silk-Screening are Pantone PMS Colors ( mixed at the print shop using a formula developed by Pantone Inc. ). If the person mixing the ink (by hand) uses a little too much Red then you end up with Red as the color, However, when mixing the ink if too Little Red or Too Much Yellow is mixed in you get Orange > and similar to paint (but much worse) the color of Ink when it's Wet (liquid) is never accurate to what it looks like Dry.

When we (the CPR Artists) are drawing these plastics we match our PMS Pantone Book to the Plastic that we used in the Original Scan to assign the Correct Colors, so apparently the Original Plastic that I scanned was Red not orange, which is why the CPR version is Red, But Both are Correct....Hope this info helps....

Stu
CPR Art Director

Quoted from dankme:

I just noticed the part of the house that says "Ralfie" is red in the set

#48 10 years ago

Cool thanks Stu!

Also, if you look at the original flyer for Bad Cats that piece was RED (which would make more sense being part of the house). So probably like you said one of the companies probably made them in red and someone else and made them in Orange. But looking at the flyer I would guess it was meant to be Red originally. Not that ANY of this really matters.

#49 10 years ago

OR: the machine that they Photographed for the Flyer just happened to have the Red version of the plastic...LOL

#50 10 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday but I didn't open them yet!

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-bad-cats-plastics-now-available-at-cpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.