Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    20181204_092219 (resized).jpg
    9AEB914F-2459-4515-924C-DC5AEFD93EBA (resized).jpeg
    stnc_catacomb2 (resized).jpg
    20180929_172151 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike2 (resized).jpg
    terryminibike (resized).jpg
    20180929_203945 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202253 (resized).jpg
    20180929_202628 (resized).jpg
    cops (resized).jpg
    i am so excited pic (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    002_ac551358-d444-4970-b672-5fd5a17f2caa_large (resized).jpg
    one (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 5 years ago

I would like to announce a Fall Ann Arbor mini pinball show. This will be Saturday September 29, 2018 at from 10am to 8pm. Like our full-blow spring show, over 400 pinball games on free play available. But unlike the spring event, this will *not* be a pre-register event. It will be cash-at-the-door. We are thinking about a $5 pre-register via paypal to keep numbers in check. But I guess i'm willing to hear ideas on that. But we may just try no pre-register and see where this goes. For a first time event, i have to figure it will be pretty tame in terms of numbers.

It's kind of an experiment to see if there's interest in this. We'll try this fall mini-show in this format, and see where it goes!
    See http://vfwpinball.com for more details

Thanks!
    [email protected]

#2 5 years ago

Thanks Clay! Always such a pleasure to have access to your beautiful collection.

I don’t mind the pre registration as it gurantees admission before the long drive.

#3 5 years ago

Yes to pre-register too. 4 hour drive but we would be there early anyway.

#4 5 years ago

I'm also in the 4 hour drive camp so I'd prefer pre-register just to make sure we can get in!

#5 5 years ago

Definitely. But preregistration would be appreciated since I have a 4 hour drive as well. Have wanted to see your collection forever and had planned to be there in May. I was actually in Ann Arbor but had to go back to Chicago for work. This time I’ll be smart enough to book vacation and turn off my cell phone if this show happens. Also have a machine or 2 you were looking for.

#6 5 years ago

Preregistration makes sense to me. I'd hate to get there and be turned away.

And thanks, Clay. Youre the Willy Wonka of pinball.

#7 5 years ago

I was thinking of a trip to Michigan to see family in Sept sometime anyway, so thanks for giving me a target date!

#8 5 years ago

The plan is to not turn anyone away. With the late notice (less than 3 months) and just a one day event (no tourneys either) and a first time fall event during football season, we were thinking that numbers would low anyway. We kind of wanted to see how this would go as an experiment.

#9 5 years ago

I love the pre-register for the no/short lines. I have skipped other shows cuz those lines look crazy long and I don't want to wait that long. What about pre-register get in an hour or two early and then have open to all after That? Just spotballing.....either way I am in! Thanks for putting this on again....and I will wear my O vie jersey again....it was at the past show I wore it to change the luck...and it worked!!

#10 5 years ago

Love your building Clay.

Maybe a pre-reg is good, considering you usually sell out the May show, and you're competing with other big shows at that time of year too.

If no pre-reg, maybe a sign-up sheet without pay. Would give you a small idea of who's attempting to come. (though with no pay, it leaves door open for anyone to sign up and just not show up)

Curious to hear more about the event. I love coming out. Even with the 4 hour drive.

#11 5 years ago

Only 87 days to the VFW Mini Show.....

vfw 87 (resized).jpgvfw 87 (resized).jpg
    #12 5 years ago

I'm really torn on how to proceed with this. As an experiment, i really want to run this like a "normal" pinball show. Just to see what numbers come. But as others have said, what if too many people show up? i can't really turn them away. I think a lot of people don't come to our show because it either sells out or they just don't get tickets, because they don't know their life's schedule until a day before. As a compromise, announcing the show late and having it one day, i thought we would get a lot lower numbers. that's the test... but we could go to a ticket pre-sale arrangement. would love to hear opinions on this...

#13 5 years ago

I like the ticket pre-sale so it's a gaurantee that I'm in. Maybe you could have door tickets for those who won't know their schedule in advance. I thought you had some of those for the spring show. Bottom line is that a fall show is better than no show to me and I'm willing to put up with some lines for that. I'd say try the test and see how it goes and if you want to do it again tweek it if needed for round 2.

#14 5 years ago

is this the show where you plan to premiere the legendary firechat side event that you keep teasing about?

#15 5 years ago

Only 86 days until the Mini Show......

M-86.svg (resized).pngM-86.svg (resized).png
    #16 5 years ago

What is this fireside chat you speak of?

#17 5 years ago

I think buying presale tickets locks you in to going which is fine by me. However I feel some will decide not to go when the day comes since they have not already bought ticket, other things come up, ect. I think the pay at the door experiment will balance out and not be overcrowded for this reason. Either way is fine by me.

#18 5 years ago

that's kind of how i felt about it too. i would like to try it and see. i guess if it spins out of control, it's just one day... but i can't see that happening. first off, not really advertising this event. might print some cards and give them to pinball life. but that would be the extent of it...

#19 5 years ago

Only this many days until the 2018 VFW Mini Show.

Hopefully everyone can see the number.....

Screenshot_20180705-163155 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180705-163155 (resized).png
    #20 5 years ago

I'm in the 6 hour drive camp and choose your show over Allentown for numerous reasons but one of the biggest ones is because you do limit the crowd. Driving 6 hours and finding the place overcrowded would be a disappointment but at the end of the day it wouldn't stop me from coming, I support the thought of trying something new so I'm in. I'm also in for pre-reg and paying $5, I'm in for pre-reg and paying the full amount, in general, I'm in!

#21 5 years ago

@ roar. 6 hours from Hamilton in late September? Need to get yourself a Nexus pass .
    Seriously though, for those of us coming from a from a far distance, we have to plan anyway. Prepaying and knowing we'll get in makes the drive stress-free, even if you make the prepay just the week or a few days before in case plans change.

#22 5 years ago

Love the spring show. I will chat with the wife and see what's going on.
    Great selection and a much fresher (BO and gas) than last time.
    Plus the washrooms of the future.

Football season?????
    Are we talking the Lions here?
    Maybe the Saints are in town that weekend.

#23 5 years ago

Talking big 10 football

#24 5 years ago

Sounds like a great idea.

#25 5 years ago

I'm guessing anyone with a 2+ hour drive are gonna want pre-register with your usual limit, just in case.
    I'm in that group.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joeplainfield:

@ roar. 6 hours from Hamilton in late September? Need to get yourself a Nexus pass .
    Seriously though, for those of us coming from a from a far distance, we have to plan anyway. Prepaying and knowing we'll get in makes the drive stress-free, even if you make the prepay just the week or a few days before in case plans change.

Not sure what I was thinking... I drive slow, but not that slow... It is a 4hr drive

#27 5 years ago

The citizens of Eighty Four Pennsylvania all know how many days remain until the 2018 mini show.
    That town is also the headquarters of a well-known Lumber Company......

9f4FnodK_400x400 (resized).jpg9f4FnodK_400x400 (resized).jpg
    #28 5 years ago

I vote for preregistration. I’m now planning to visit family that lives in Ann Arborand will be flying in from Georgia for a long weekend.

#29 5 years ago

So, will the concession stand be open for lunch? The coleslaw that you had for the May show was fantastic and hoping that it will be available again in September.

#30 5 years ago

i'll work on some sort of pre-registration thing tonight/tomorrow. and update the website.

#31 5 years ago

Yes, the typical menu. I’m also thinking about breakfast sandwiches, ect for the morning early arrivals.

Doug D.
    VFW member

Quoted from Ballypin:

So, will the concession stand be open for lunch? The coleslaw that you had for the May show was fantastic and hoping that it will be available again in September.

#32 5 years ago

Ok i have it set up on http://www.vfwpinball.com
    you can make a ticket reservation and remainder ticket price is due at the door. thank you.

#33 5 years ago

Paid! Can't wait for round two, 2018. First trip up there was in the spring. Can't say enough about the quality of the machines and a great experience.

Thanks Clay.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I see a number it's 80085

#35 5 years ago

Just reserved two tickets. Not sure I did it right. On the VFW page there was a txt box for additional names so I put my friends name in there. I think I was supposed to that on the PayPal page with additional notes but I did not see that option jumping out at me on mobile and by the time I clicked through the purchase was made. Thanks for putting this show on, looking forward to it.

#36 5 years ago

Did it right assuming that the additional name you provided was Trevor.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I see a number it's 80085

And don’t forget this one....what happens if Dolly Parton had reduction surgery ?

55378008 (turn calculator upside down)

#38 5 years ago

We got our 2 tickets. Great venue that is always organized very well. I highly recommend it for people that love playing pinball on a large variety of pinball machines.

#39 5 years ago

Coincidence? Just went to mark it on our calendar and 9/29 is "VFW Day" - established in 1899.

#40 5 years ago

If it starts getting too busy you can always call ICE and boot out all of us canucks.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

If it starts getting too busy you can always call ICE and boot out all of us canucks.

With a limit on ticket sales our Canadian friends have nothing to worry about.

#42 5 years ago

Reserved our tickets. Thanks again Clay and staff ! Get that coleslaw ready

#43 5 years ago

I'm in! Thanks Clay and staff.

#44 5 years ago

Thank God. I checked the schedule and Michigan is away vs. Northwestern that day. I've spent so much on season tickets I wouldn't have had the wife happy if I missed a home game to play pinball.

#45 5 years ago

Same here.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Thank God. I checked the schedule and Michigan is away vs. Northwestern that day. I've spent so much on season tickets I wouldn't have had the wife happy if I missed a home game to play pinball.

I checked the Tigers and Lions and both are out of town that weekend... I was hoping to pair the trip with a game, alas it will be another day trip. Red Wings don’t start until the week after.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

I checked the Tigers and Lions and both are out of town that weekend... I was hoping to pair the trip with a game, alas it will be another day trip. Red Wings don’t start until the week after.

Based on the current Tigers record and expected Lions performance, Clay just saved you a lot of money.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Based on the current Tigers record and expected Lions performance, Clay just saved you a lot of money.

Thankfully you’ve got world class stadiums to watch your teams play in. I’m used to Orchard Park and Skydome.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Pretty weak for 85. Hoping Bruce does a better job at 44 days out

#50 5 years ago

Friendly suggestion for 83 days. Triple the fun.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-2018-fall-ann-arbor-mini-pinball-show-sept-29?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.